2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I'm wondering if the problem isn't so much Bella not wanting to take any more photos, just ones with Nik in? ?  Talking of which and going off on a tandem a bit but that sunset when Justin and Leah were on the beach was jaw droppingly beautiful, it looked like a volcano was erupting, now that would have been a spectacular photo. Oh and Bella mentioned Dean!

Leah is getting irritating again, still wittering on about Theo and the fact he hadn't answered any of her calls, how very dare he!  He is an adult - 20 in fact - so of course he's not going to answer his annoying aunt ringing/texting him every five minutes.  He does appear in tonight's episode  though. 

Not only a shock to Justin Tori actually had an interview but to her as well.  Not quite sure how important it was the background looked good, she was being interviewed for a post as a doctor not an interior designer.  OK Sydney is 10 hours ahead of the UK, so say for arguments sake that Tori's interview was 12am our time - 10am Sydney time the next day, but then you have to factor in Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time which Tori forgot about.  I'm guessing that would then make it an hour earlier than she thought?? I think I've got that right. Btw not all of us have seen the interview yet. 

Been a huge let down for Jasmine if Mia had pulled out at the last minute.  Will Ari and Mia find the strength, if that is the right phrase in the circumstances, not to spend any more of the money?

Jasmine said to Cash the other week once she had had her all clear she wanted to get back to hands on hands nursing which would mean she wouldn't be able to spend as much time in the gym as she had been. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, ter06 said:

Have they messed up the Poulos family history? Theo is 20, Leah and Vinnie were married 20 years ago and he wasn’t born then and neither did Dimitri mention there was a baby coming? 

Dimitri wasn’t at Leah & Vinnie’s Wedding, so perhaps that was why (even if not stated on screen).

I think it’d only be an error if they said VJ was Helen & Theo Snr’s first grandchild, although they did say that Theo Jnr looked up to VJ.

7 minutes ago, c120701 said:

Dimitri wasn’t at Leah & Vinnie’s Wedding, so perhaps that was why (even if not stated on screen).

I think it’d only be an error if they said VJ was Helen & Theo Snr’s first grandchild, although they did say that Theo Jnr looked up to VJ.

VJ was SORAS’d by a few years which would explain Theo looking up to him. 

Was Dimitri at her wedding to Dan or her 30th? I can’t remember what brother is who!

2 minutes ago, ter06 said:

VJ was SORAS’d by a few years which would explain Theo looking up to him. 

Was Dimitri at her wedding to Dan or her 30th? I can’t remember what brother is who!

Dimitri is Con from Heartbreak High, Alex is Danny Raco who I guess you remember. Chris I think was a nice guy. They also retconned in a Con (maybe someone mixed up Dimitri with Con from HBH) , I think who we never saw.

According to BTTB we saw Dimitri in 2003 and 2005, so the second time was Dan & Leah’s wedding.

I like that Justin is wary of the repercussions of Theo’s crimes, it ties in with the Morgan’s backstory.

3 hours ago, ter06 said:

Have they messed up the Poulos family history? Theo is 20, Leah and Vinnie were married 20 years ago and he wasn’t born then and neither did Dimitri mention there was a baby coming? 

When we first saw Dimitri in 2003, he did actually state that he was married with two kids and another due any day. So on this occasion it ties in to existing continuity.

The only retcon would be if it's stated (family tragedy aside) that Theo is an only child.

2 hours ago, c120701 said:

They also retconned in a Con (maybe someone mixed up Dimitri with Con from HBH) , I think who we never saw.

I don't recall that, and I'd have thought Ada would be onto it like a shot - do you remember whenabouts it was? Theo Sr did have a brother named Con that we saw on-screen.

Yes, Leah has three brothers: Dimitri, Chris and Alex. Dimtri was the one who was retconned in, since Chris was originally said to be the oldest. He wasn't on the show twenty years ago, so there's no reason why Theo's birth would have been seen or mentioned then, and Leah's referred to him as her first-born nephew, implying there are others.VJ would be about 23 by current continuity (having turned 18 towards the end of 2016), which ties in with Theo looking up to him. And yes, Con was Theo's brother, not Leah's.

Okay, let's talk daylight saving time.They wouldn't have it in Australia at this point, but would have it in the UK.So New South Wales would be GMT+10, implying a ten hour time difference, except the UK would be at GMT+1, so the time difference would only be nine hours.It was presumably very early since Tori and co were still having breakfast.So let's say it was eight o'clock and the London hospital said they'd call her at 11pm their time: That would be nine hours later from her perspective, but she assumed it would be ten, ie 9am her time. Anyway, with Justin running interference and Leah and Christian as impromptu fashion assistants, she just about got away with it, although I'm not quite sure why she felt the need to pretend she was at work instead of at home. Theo turning up was a bit of a spanner. Given he wouldn't go to hospital, I suspect he's not as badly injured as he made out.Justin obviously has his suspicions but Leah seems to have snapped back into doting auntie mode.

Didn't we already do the episode where Ryder needs to rest but everyone suddenly needs him? Despite Leah's stipulation, it sounded like he and Chloe had done another all-nighter.Personally, I'd rather Bella dumped Nikau and kept the photography, but I guess it's her decision. And right after Chloe says she'd never cheat on Ryder, she bumps into Theo... He's probably more her level, but with Bella back with Nikau and less likely options like Jasmine and Mackenzie also otherwise attached, that would leave Ryder on his own again.At least we got the cute moment of him telling Bella he signed up to support her when they became friends.

I'd have thought the point of John buying a table was that he invite guests, not that he try and sell the tickets on. If I was Justin, I'd have taken that cake with me.

On 29/10/2021 at 22:59, Dan F said:

When we first saw Dimitri in 2003, he did actually state that he was married with two kids and another due any day. So on this occasion it ties in to existing continuity.

The only retcon would be if it's stated (family tragedy aside) that Theo is an only child.

I don't recall that, and I'd have thought Ada would be onto it like a shot - do you remember whenabouts it was? Theo Sr did have a brother named Con that we saw on-screen.

Ahh, maybe I’ve got confused with Uncle Con and remembering a brother being retconned in with Dimitri.

Where exactly are Leah’s parents now? They seemed to move to Melbourne at one point, but are they now in Cyprus?

I’m glad we’re seeing more of Leah’s family anyway.

Not wanting to be restating things that have already been said, but Dimitri was last seen at Leah's wedding to Dan which can easily be checked if people took the time to bother.  Theo is named after his granddad.  I believe, if it is correct in their character history, Theo Snr and Helen are living in the city. 

Theses scenes were shot in September so it would be our BST,  Tori definitely mentioned it was a morning - for her -  interview as I doubt Grace would be up in the middle of the night.  It did throw me  bit that she had the blinds closed and the lights on, was that to make it look a bit more office like?  The panel at our end  would only be seeing her top half and wouldn't be taking that much notice, it's her competence as a doctor they're interested in.  Loved the old or should that be new?  "you're breaking up, freezing" ploy by Justin.  Of course Tori being Tori is going to be fretting her socks off that she's completely cocked up.  Theo's crashing it was neatly handled, thank Goodness Christian was there.  He's a big macho guy, of course he would insist he didn't need to go to hospital, no matter how much Leah nagged him, he's an adult so can't be forced.  He was very evasive as the the actual 'attack' so I'm with Justin as to his account of what happened not being the whole story. 

Poor Ryder the Gods do seem to be against him getting any sleep.?  I don't think Bella knows what he are Chloe are doing so I'll let her off there.  So it isn't just her taking photos of Nik that brings back bad memories, it's anything, it's just lost it's appeal, he should back off now and drop the subject.  It was nice to see the friendship between Ryder and Bella again. ?

Theo was in there with Chloe pretty fast, Leah is my aunt so I guess that makes me your boss too - oh please. ?? What level are Theo and Chloe on that her and Ryder aren't??  He comes across as pretty flash and brash and not wanting to be responsible for much if anything.  Despite her - and Ryder - using the Diner's kitchen for their own purposes she isn't afraid of hard work whereas I don't think the same could be said of Theo. Chloe and Ryder balance each other a lot better. 

You have meet John before haven't you Red??  He's back to his old flash self. Alf's face when John brought that table for six said it all - as if he's got five friends.  

Archived