2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I have to roll my eyes at Tori getting the job but after you checked the email out Red She could be entering into the squid games doesn’t really seem to have a pinpoint location hmm bit fishy haha But yeah gald Tori’s going soon

I liked the Ari and Mia stuff that will probably come back to bite them someday 

im not really interested in anything esle Theo I thought he would be good but he’s bit boring really 

But John and Irene I think maybe could work as a couple 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can I say this without making Mack out to be a bit of a girl?  Jasmine has always been more on the reserved side when it comes to cementing relationships, it took a while for her and Robbo to get intimate, but Mack has been more relaxed in that regard.  But everyone is different so she shouldn't feel she is 'odd' in wanting to take it slowly, Cash may well feel the same, he may the type of guy who doesn't want to 'seal the deal' by sleeping with his currant girlfriend after just a couple of dates. 

Maybe Felicity isn't the best one to confide in knowing her attitude to men and sex, but she would know Cash's track record. 

I think it comes across as looking more official having the address on an email letter, not just dear Tori etc. 

Although good isn't the right word for it it was to see how Dean is struggling to cope seeing as he was virtually one handed carrying the sarnie he had just made.  I thought Dean threw Mack out,? he's getting good at that.  I may be asking a silly question but what is that bandage on Dean's arm for? 

Apropos  of nothing I like that she recycles her clothes - I like that dress with the buttons on. 

I had been thinking Logan and Mack, but as she said she's hosting the dinner so yes Jasmine and Cash, if he isn't on duty. Mia and Ari, perhaps?  Well done Irene for quashing Alf and Roo's smirks. ?

Have to admit, Leah had Justin when she said she gave him another chance during his addiction to pain killers as an argument to support helping Theo.  One of the main annoying things about Theo is how smug he is.  I did find it quite funny after he stirred the pot with Chloe/Ryder, was smiling through their argument and Alf called him out on it.

Wow, Mackenzie was actually wearing trainers on Thursday.  She seemed to be very much acting like a control freak re Dean.  

One of the reasons why I'm not keen on Bella is because I often find her quite intense.  The way she was focusing on how 'odd' she though Dean and Mackenzie were and wouldn't let the whole thing go is an example of this.  It wasn't just how that she did it, it was the way she was during the various scenes.  I think her enquiring about Dean seeing Jai was quite reasonable but I found her annoying when she confronted Mackenzie about Dean at Salt after she spoken to Ziggy.  I will say that I did find Bella's face quite funny when Mackenzie was trying to usher her and Nikau out earlier on and she asked to spend time with Mackenzie (so Dean and Nikau could discuss the business) and Mackenzie put her foot down.  I do agree, it felt like Mackenzie lied to Ziggy about Dean wanting her back because of pressure from Bella although I do still think she wanted her life back as well.

Whilst it was good to see Felicity interacting with other characters besides Jasmine/Cash, it did feel like she was the odd one out when they were drinking with Mackenzie and Logan.  And humiliating Cash like that and making constant digs at the apparent 'snails pace' his and Jasmine's relationship has been going demonstrates why she has very few friends.  Felicity also seemed to acknowledge at some level why Tane didn't really see her as anything other that booty call.  Although admittedly, Ziggy is partly responsible for that.

Unfortunately, Jasmine allowed Felicity to influence her so she was too focused on the speed of which things were progressing with Cash rather than simply allowing things to occur naturally.  Funny how she cited just Lewis as having a bad track record.  We have her stalker ex, a cop who killed his step dad and disposed of his body, another cop who killed someone and disposed of his body and then the serial killer.  Not sure felicity's the best person to ask for advice but I suppose she does not how to escalate things with guys.

Whilst I'm not keen on John I was also pleased he came out on top in that particular instance re the guests for the Dinner table.

5 hours ago, Slade said:

Felicity also seemed to acknowledge at some level why Tane didn't really see her as anything other that booty call.  Although admittedly, Ziggy is partly responsible for that.

That’s not fair. Tane never lied. He made it clear from the start that he had just got out of a relationship and wasn’t prepared to start a new one and only wanted some fun. Tane was right when he said if Felicity changed her mind half way though after their agreement then that’s on her not him.

Alf's episode count this block:Four.

I actually think Felicity's been a good friend to Jasmine throughout this: Given the comments about her made by Oz-pace fans, I'm surprised just how likable she is! She even managed to steer Cash in the right direction, it's just a shame that it happened to be the day that Jasmine found out about Grace leaving, resulting in her not handling things well.So, we've already heard Raffy won't be at the wedding: What's the bet there's no-one there apart from the current cast?Marilyn clearly devastated at Grace leaving, now she's run out of children she can latch onto!

I wasn't too sure about Logan's attitude towards Mackenzie here, although it doesn't help that we didn't see most of their conversation and he did seem to be pulling back a bit at Salt.Ziggy gets through to Dean as well.Ooh, and Coco gets a mention by name!

Martha seems to be putting herself under a lot of pressure getting the painting done. Alf did the best he could to give her some space.

So, we've got a new to-camera out-tro filling people in on the schedule change.At least you can actually hear this one, but they're still treating the 6pm 5Star showing like a closely guarding secret, only pointing people to the lunchtime showing, the First Look and My5.

Yeah, but the 6pm 5 Star showing will be completely canibalised by Neighbours on the main channel anyway.  If they wanted you to watch Home and Away instead of Neighbours at 6, they wouldn't have put it on at the same time on a channel viewed by about 3 people and a dog at the best of times.

11 hours ago, christine king said:

That’s not fair. Tane never lied. He made it clear from the start that he had just got out of a relationship and wasn’t prepared to start a new one and only wanted some fun. Tane was right when he said if Felicity changed her mind half way though after their agreement then that’s on her not him.

It's funny because you've basically supported what I've said for the most part and what I've said about them in previous posts.  I never said Tane lied and it's debatable he made it clear (Shagging her a couple of times, giving her the cold shoulder, kissing her in front of Ziggy to make Ziggy jealous, turning up at her van to bang her again etc.).  Felicity was mocking Cash and Jasmine's relationship on Friday for being too slow because they hadn't slept together but then she admitted that taking things fast with Tane didn't work out for her.  And that's because they slept together right away so the whole premise of their relationship was built on lust.  There was virtually no emotional connection, Tane only opened up because he was stuck in her caravan and didn't want to encounter Cash because he's a cop.  She was just having fun initially but when she spent time with him she was more invested than he was (which again I've said previously) by that time Tane had enough and his fun was over.  He was still into Ziggy as I said that was the other reason he didn't want more although if Felicity had been someone else then Tane might have felt differently, you never know.  Regardless I do hope they can reconcile their differences (after this stalking stuff is over) and be friends with possibly more down the line but as far as Tane is concerned whilst he probably sees Felicity as a nuisance at the moment, in dating terms .....booty call!

I appreciate Felicity was trying to undo the humiliation she caused Cash from last episode and help his relationship with Jasmine but if Jasmine wants to take things further she should be the one telling Cash, not Felicity.  The type of person Jasmine is and how she will suppress things makes it's very difficult for her though.  I thought Jasmine and Felicity both looked really good when they got dressed up and really like Felicity's style.  I did find Logan's awkwardness slightly amusing when he and Mackenzie saw them and Felicity could tell they'd just gotten laid.  Unfortunately Felicity's help seemed to be based on how she acts on her own nights out and getting Jasmine wasted before Cash turned up wasn't going to end well.  With Jasmine selling the gym, I don't actually think Tori/Christian getting married and leaving will be a bad thing for her.  It may not seem like it right now as she won't see Grace admittedly, but it's a chance to completely move on and in time I think it will be good.

Can't really say I blame Dean for not wanting Ziggy to help him.  If I was in his position, I would rather my sister help me than my lover.

Jasmine and Felicity are completely different types so what works for one wouldn't work for the other. Jasmine didn't disagree that Felicity should give Cash a nudge/hint that she was OK with taking things further.  Cash is/was happy to take things   slowly. But it was bad timing that she had just sold the gym and had just got the news Grace was moving to the other side of the world, assuming she'd been visiting Grace, odd that Tori hadn't mentioned anything to her, double whammy that and we didn't even get to see that conversation. Felicity looked a bit taken aback when Jas mentioned her step daughter was moving to that thar London,? it's an old cliche but it  is complicated to explain to someone you've not known that long. Jasmine didn't need any help getting wasted she was doing fine all by herself and she is an adult, Mack made a lame attempt to get her to slow down/stop but seemed to give up.  I'd say a combination of nerves and in a way the end of her old life.  Cash acted just as I hoped he would, told Jas he was taking her home because although he would have loved to have still taken her out now wasn't the right time.  Besides she would have either thrown up or passed out.  I think Jasmine was referring to jumping onto relationships quickly. We never knew how it started with David, we know her and Colby was pretty fast and furious and short lived after she let his secret slip.   Her and Robbo was more of a slow burn and that was very off and on. She knew Lewis from way back and they had been an item before.

Mack getting to know Logan more didn't quite go as planned so they just ended up snogging each other's faces off as per.  I did spot an odd look on his face when they were at the flat when she mentioned she didn't know much about him not even if he likes tea over coffee which is pretty basic, it does make you wonder if he has a secret - as people tend to. He knows a lot more about her.  

Bella has always been intense, maybe due to spending so many years isolated  so now tends to get over involved with people and their problems. 

Dean did his best trying to get Ziggy to leave, but has he forgotten she can be just as stubborn as he can.  In some ways yes, it would be more comfortable, if that is the right word, for him to have a relative, even a relatively, sorry, new one help him to the loo.  Another thing is Dean has mainly brought himself up so used to doing things by himself and not depending on others so this is very new and alien to him.  I'm not counting time spent in hospital. Yeh, the unnamed was named - CoCo!   I guess we won't ever find out why Raffy won't be at the wedding but will be meeting up with them in London.?

Are we going to have to wait until the Fund Raising Dinner to see who else is going to be on John's table? 

Roo dear, back off your mum.  Martha you're overthinking it too much, just step back a bit.  Loved that Alf, not your usual romantic, coaxed Martha into that dance with him. ❤️ Roo, very wisely, snuck past them into the house. 

Archived