2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Where did I say Dean was the only patient to be giving Grant and other physio's earache?

I had mixed feelings about Mia stashing the money after all these years.  In one hand, it raised my interest slightly that she isn't squeaky clean Mia Theresa, especially after the way she supported various characters whilst being here a relatively short period of time, particularly the way she saved Dean.  On the other hand it's hard to disagree that it goes against the whole premise of Ari's redemption which (despite my criticisms about them as a couple) has been done quite well.  So in a way, it's a good thing Ari rejected the money.  I did feel a bit sorry for Jasmine though as she was so happy when she was talking to Cash about it.  Kind of ironic using money from a bank robbery to buy a legitimate business of a cop's girlfriend.

5 hours ago, pembie said:

And yay so far no Ziggy this week 

I don't dislike Ziggy but do often find some of the negative remarks towards her quite amusing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously going against the grain, but I've always liked Mia, she's got  a good work ethic, must have studied hard to become a trainer along with bringing up Chloe on her own. But her having held onto the armed robbery cash all these years is kind of mind blowing.  Ari, it seemed, had expected her to dispose of it when it all first happened or maybe spend it on herself and Chloe, not a clever idea seeing as the cops would have been looking out for any of Ari's associates suddenly having a splurge money wise.  My only thought and she mentioned it herself is the adoption, maybe circumvent the usual procedures and do a private one?  Then there is the gym, not clever going behind Ari's back, he was bound to find out, sad he sold his bike to try and help get the deposit.  Was the dosh Mia used as the deposit the end of it or was she planning to use the rest to pay in cash which would raise eyebrows?   Did I hear Mia say she didn't know the money was in the lock up, yet it looked like she had no problem of finding the bag.?  Ari is not at all happy and I feel that is going to play on his conscience and it will tear them apart but they won't be the only ones hurt in the fall out. 

Agree, Justin did seem OK with Tori's possible move to big bad London, but from the way he was talking to Leah later, he is hoping it won't happen.  But maybe now is the right time for Tori to spread her wings.  Never mind her finding it hard to tell Justin, isn't there another person she has to break the news to that she is taking Grace to the other side of the world  - namely Jasmine.  Who, granted has been fine since her obsession with her and has backed right off, but she does get to see and look after Grace at the moment.

John seems a bit lost at the moment, first fretting about his new neighbours who have moved into the Braxton's old place, then his other neighbour with the hose, is she the one with the dog?   Then getting a zebra crossing, do they call them that there, put on the road.  It should have signalled the next scene where a motorist comes screaming down the road, even if there had been a crossing (a) no-one was on it and (b) it wouldn't have made any difference the speed Theo was going.  Did he really think the 'dying' aunty excuse was going to work?  Next question which of Leah's brother is he the son of - Alex, Dimitri or the less heard of Chris? Ignore that - he's Dimitri's. 

Oh, nearly forgot Bella told Mac she'd given up on going to TAFE which Dean was paying for, does that mean it was all a waste of his money?

Yes, we learn Theo is the son of Leah's least seen brother Dimitri. It's not clear how old he is, but old enough to drive, so too old to have been born since we last saw Dimitri 16 years ago, although to be fair, we were never told much about his personal life, so he might have had a wife and family somewhere. I'm not quite sure what to make of Theo. He's obviously a chancer, telling whatever tall story is going to get him sympathy, which seems to work frustratingly well on Leah even when she knows he's already lied.Yet his angry outburst did seem genuine, so he might have some deeper issues there.

Talking of deeper issues, what is Dean playing at? I assume he was on pain medication in hospital, yet now he's decided he can do without it? I can only assume he's worried about developing an addiction, which I guess has just happened to Justin, but still.

I find it hard to believe Felicity didn't know that was Tane's towel, but she seemed pretty emphatic in denying that she sent the rose.Her turning up at the gym and especially Salt could just be coincidences, but she was looking pretty murderous seeming Mackenzie with Tane!

I guess Dimitri must have had a wife and child  back then when he was at Leah's wedding to Dan.  Probably just mentioned in passing.  Leah is a sucker for a sob story, but Justin wasn't convinced and Leah did have the nous  to check with Dimitri to get his side. I'm more inclined to go with Dimitri's version, Theo's outburst could be just a cover up.  He does seem to be very keen on pleasing people, signing John's petition, but he he flipped when he found out who John was didn't have the right to have a go at him like he did and it was just as well John didn't know Theo was the speed merchant he was complaining about.   

When Dean was in hospital he would have been given his pain relief at regular intervals so it was controlled,  and there is a reason why he won't take them, don't forget he got addicted to those dodgy sleeping pills he was taking after he started having nightmares after Ross' murder so wouldn't want to go back there. Even if Dean and Ziggy had never broken up it would still be a hard gig for her looking after him on her own.  She's a tough, strong, need I add stubborn, woman but she needs help and to stop being such a martyr. 

Is Felicity protesting too much when  she said she didn't leave the rose and from what we saw the other gifts and messages?  The inhabitants of the bay do have the rep of leaving their doors open so anyone could have left the rose.   We haven't seen an example of her handwriting yet so that is still out there.   She did seem huffy about seeing Tane and Mac together, though why she should as they aren't  a couple? 

Felicity is cracking me up.  It was so funny when she was lying on Tane's towel at the beach.  And I was constantly laughing at the dialogue with Tane throughout Friday's episode.  Part of me does find it funny how annoyed he was getting.  I also liked the way Felicity was bitching to Jasmine about it, particularly when she said Tane accused her of joining the Gym just to spend time with him and Jasmine said that was exactly the reason why she joined.  I'm loving the fact that Jasmine is smiling about the whole situation.

Great to get some Mackenzie/Tane interaction.  The friendship does seem to be working at the moment and I still think there's something there.  Felicity fuming and giving them the evils was also good.  Unfortunately, it does seem to be bordering on stalking (There are those of us who would welcome being stalked by her).

Leah's nephew is a pain in the backside.  I can understand exactly why Justin doesn't want to live with him.  After having to talk Justin into forgiving John, reconciling over Susie and getting on for sake of the garage, didn't think I would see her get annoyed at Justin for defending him.

Mackenzie called it re Ziggy and Dean.  Surprised they are doing a similar storyline to Justin's just weeks after that one finished.  And it seems as though Ziggy is being used as a punch bag again.

Alf's episode count this block:Five! I guess he's making up for the week off.

I could kind of see both Leah and Justin's point of view. Theo is definitely a scammer, and Leah's refusal to consider the possibility that he might be anything other than a sweet little boy was frustrating. But at the same time, he is Leah's nephew, and Justin's "Just forget about him" attitude was never going to go down well. Anyway, they do seem to have met in the middle a bit by the end, thanks to uncharacteristically useful advice from Tori.

Tane does need to consider the possibility that it's someone other than Felicity sending the notes and flowers.Okay, she's the only new person he's met recently, and she's obviously been contriving ways to bump into him, but this seems a bit too subtle for her.And hanging around the surf club isn't exactly evidence of stalking.

I'd forgotten about Dean's problems with sleeping pills, but to be honest, I'm failing to see the connection.Those were dodgy under-the-counter pills that he was shovelling to try and block out nightmares about Ross.This is properly prescribed medication, so if he sticks to the dosage it should be fine.Logan's suggestion of PTSD felt like a bit of a red herring, and Dean had already told him he'd been through physio before, so I'm not sure why Ziggy mentioning the previous car crash came as a surprise.Anyway, looks like we're losing Ziggy for a bit, hopefully he'll make progress without her there.

So Ziggy had to leave her own house bit over the top especially if she’s meant to be in a relationship with Dean and his going to be recovering for awhile and pain killers help the body heal overtime  if dosage is right so Dean has been quite silly especially if he was taking them at hospital if you don’t finish course of course it allows pain to take hold and stops recovery 

Good thing though at least Ziggys buggerd off to enjoy some time with coco pops speaking of those have any of you tried the strawberry flavour?

OK we haven't heard Leah mention any of her family for yonks, but supposedly they are close and look out for each other.  She doesn't know the relationship between Dimitri  and Theo just getting their versions of what went on.  She did admit to Tori Dimitri was very demanding of Theo, expecting him to be just like him, but that doesn't always follow that  a son - or daughter - will  meet the parents expectations.  It could be Theo isn't into selling cars - I think that's what Dimitri does.   Theo's not a little boy anymore, he's a grown man.  Justin may have seemed hard, but it was the word scammer that got his hackles up.  Tori,  a lot more reasonably, reminded Leah of and her and Justin's recent experience, which helped her to see Justin's point of view. 

That idea about that the roses and the other gifts Tane is receiving aren't from Felicity could be right.  Would she be able to afford them, single red roses aren't cheap the other gifts wouldn't be either and she can't get paid a lot for her bar work.  Obvious that Tane would think the message about seeing what he was doing -talking to Mac in Salt - and it was breaking  my heart - would be from Felicity as she was there.  But I come back to the point he doesn't know what her handwriting is like. Not something that would occur to Tane, but he could trace where the flowers came from and who ordered them.  

As I mentioned before, the pain killers Dean was given when he was in hospital were at regular intervals and dispensed by a nurse one or two at a time.  Now they are there sitting in a bottle for him to take whenever he feels the need, which is what he is afraid of.  Once someone has been addicted to one type of drug they would be wary of taking others in case the same thing happens and they had a very bad effect on him. There is also, as Mac mentioned, Karen's problem with medication. We know  from Justin's experience how easy it is to become reliant on prescription drugs and take more than you should, it happens enough in real life.  I was confused about Ziggy's comment about the crash - I take it she meant the one where Jai died - as that was a long time ago.  Logan does have a knack of getting Dean to listen to him, I don't think it's just because he's a bloke, but he must have seen other people go through what Dean is.  Also he doesn't know him so can look at the situation more dispassionately. 

A resolution was reached at least, though it meant Ziggy getting booted out of her own home.  Is this going to mean Mac and Logan are stopping  there and will be taking it in shifts to look after Dean? I'm thinking Dean is less embarrassed about Mac seeing him in his current state and bathing him, getting him to and from the loo than he is Ziggy as she is family. 

If so it will give Logan and Mac more time together and she has finally admitted to Ziggy she is definitely into him. ?

15 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

That idea about that the roses and the other gifts Tane is receiving aren't from Felicity could be right.  Would she be able to afford them, single red roses aren't cheap the other gifts wouldn't be either and she can't get paid a lot for her bar work.  Obvious that Tane would think the message about seeing what he was doing -talking to Mac in Salt - and it was breaking  my heart - would be from Felicity as she was there.  But I come back to the point he doesn't know what her handwriting is like. Not something that would occur to Tane, but he could trace where the flowers came from and who ordered them.  

Not sure about UK, but in Australia (under Privacy Law) the florist is not allowed to give the information of the sender if the flowers were sent anonymously. Tane could call the florist to ask for the details, and then the florist would have to call the sender and ask if they could give the information and if the sender says no they wouldn't be able to do it. 

Archived