2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Tane continues to be fixated on the idea that Felicity's behind the roses, although to be fair, there aren't many other suspects.Unless it's someone connected with Paul and Leon, but they never really struck me as flower people.I found Cash frustratingly blase about it all, and it's a shame Tane gave up on the idea of talking to another police officer so quickly.Even if Cash has decided that Felicity didn't do it (or perhaps that he doesn't want to upset her by asking her again), the roses must be coming from somewhere, and leaving one in his bag where he can prick himself on it has definitely crossed the line into creepy, so it makes sense to look into it officially.

Well, Logan got somewhere with Dean, although as he said, it's just a start.I did like Mackenzie's recollections about Dean and how close they've become:Her sleeping by his bed was a rather sweet moment and this continues to be the best aspect of her character.

Alf is obviously disgruntled that Martha's gone from one crusade to another (are we going to hear any more about the auction or is that finished?), but he's doing well to hide it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did feel a bit sorry for Felicity when Cash doubted her.  She was quite hurt.  It's clear at this point that she isn't the one sending the flowers as the writers have made it too obvious. I don't particularly like the way he's being with her although in saying that, from his perspective the evidence indicates stalking.  Even if you exclude the flowers, if the genders were reversed he would definitely be accused of stalking her given everything that's happened.  I hope he apologies when he finds out it wasn't Felicity although I suspect he will claim that he had every reason to think it was her.  I do hope they can reconcile things.  I'm assuming they will eventually as the character needs someone else to interact with properly rather than being a third wheel with Cash/Jasmine.  My fear is that she will end up like Amber i.e. a character that had potential but didn't really work out because she couldn't integrate with other characters as she wasn't really a girl's girl and her storyline revolved around one guy.   I do actually find the scenes with Tane and Felicity quite amusing.  I also like how other characters are reacting i.e. Cash joking about being more of a Carnation guy when Tane showed Cash the latest rose that was left for him.  Also, Roo teasing Tane about his secret admirer in Salt.

I will give Cash points for at least being professional with Tane and explaining his options.Tane's probably a bit too macho to admit he's unnerved enough to file a proper complaint against Felicity.Or whoever's doing it, since it's probably not her.Whilst I hope Jasmine doesn't go too all-in, I am liking her friendship with Felicity.It probably wouldn't have happened if Jasmine wasn't dating Cash, but she does actually seem to like her, to the point that I'm enjoying Jasmine/Felicity scenes a lot more than Jasmine/Cash ones!

It seemed rather unfair of Mia to decide to use the stolen money and then leave it to Ari to explain it all to Tane.We do seem to have a complete role reversal now with Tane refusing to get involved with anything dodgy while Ari has been convinced to dive straight back into that world just to keep Mia happy.

So, Dean seems to have finally agreed to take his medication.Not much going on there in plot terms but it was a decent grounding for the characters.

I'm guessing Tane is fixated on the idea it's Flick as there isn't anyone else- or to be precise another woman -who would be sending him flowers complete with  cryptic messages.  The rose under the wiper blade could be any passerby, I was hoping for a note on  that one making another comment about seeing him in Salt which would have let Flick off the hook, but how did they get the other one into his gym bag?  Does he leave it at the gym in a locker, unlocked of course.  Flick does have history of causing trouble so I can see why Cash is having doubts., she's probably protested her innocence many a time in the past.  Unless it was a bunch of daffs with a gun in them definitely NOT Paul or Leon.?  It would be a tad embarrassing for a macho type like Tane to go to the cops and say he's being stalked by a mad female who keeps leaving him roses, completely wreck his street cred.   Finally he handed Cash one of the cards this mysterious she left which wasn't as much help as I thought it would be.  I thought Cash would have said for sure it wasn't Flick's handwriting but he just said it didn't look like hers. 

I'm liking Felicity and Jasmine's friendship, it doesn't come across as forced and that it's happened just because Jas is dating Cash, the ganging up on Cash is fun, though he doesn't think so.  Anyone else spot Jas and Flick just walk off and leave the van door wide open? I mean come on guys!!!?

Dean is going through one of his not very likable phases - but a good reason this time - he's got to believe he won't get addicted to the pain killers and while Mac and Logan are there he's not likely to, until the pain eases enough  that he won't be so dependent on them.  All he's had so far is a shot of morphine and one pill, not an overnight cure.  Between them Logan and Mac, using Jai, made progress.  Just clicked why has no-one mentioned getting Willow to have stern words with Dean, if not in person then at least down the phone?  Bella's another one conspicuous by her absence.   Nice retelling of how Mac and Dean got together and a reminder of how Dean stuck by Mac when she was being vile to everyone and that was her own doing.  Tane looked a bit shocked when Mac told him Ziggy had gone away, making it sound like she'd just abandoned Dean when he needed her the most. 

Apart from his stalker he's got now got another problem - Ari asking him to launder the bank robbery money - his turning it down shows how far he's come since coming to the bay.  Cash suddenly turning up when there was a bag of hot money sitting  on the table wouldn't have helped.  Made a change that Tane was careful no-one was around then he and Ari were talking about the money.  Unusual nowadays when most things are done with on-line banking or bank transfers that Jas is happy to accept cash.

Poor Alf ? was looking like a spare part, even though he had a couple of good suggestions.

16 hours ago, ter06 said:

Mackenzie was very colourful with her language pre watershed!

“He is great with his hands. Whatever they taught him in medical school paid off. Multiple times” ??

I don't know what you mean ter06???

Well Tori job interview I found utter ridiculous like if you would ever get a job after that in real life 

I’m kind of interested in Tane and his stalker also what is going to happen with Ari and Mia I do question what Jasmine will do everyday now 

It’s a shame Amber isn’t coming back Dean has gone back to being very boring 

But last year with my mom I have to say that morphine is a very dodgy drug 

I continue to be back and forth with Bella and Nikau.They seemed comfortable together, but despite managing to rally to help Roo and Martha, Bella doesn't seem keen to go back to photography and Nikau's attempt to charm her into it felt flat.(I'd rather she kept the photography and dumped Nik but there you go.)

Mia hasn't been very likable lately, and even her willingness to give up on the gym purchase if Ari wasn't comfortable with it didn't win her many points.That was a sudden turnaround from Ari to signing the contract.Was it Nikau's enthusiasm for the idea that swayed him? (Nikau doesn't know where the money came from, of course.) I'm slightly confused as to what Ari could be charged with, given that he's already served his time for stealing the money. Is this some sort of fraud? Or a separate charge for living off the proceeds of crime?

A bit of a shock for Justin that Tori's got this far, and he's soon back convincing himself that she hasn't really made it into the last three. Tori spends all that time sorting out a backdrop and gets the time difference wrong... I'm not sure whether the explanation given was accurate or not, but it's left Justin holding the, er, laptop. Oh yes, and we're told Theo's 20, so that's one question answered.

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I'm slightly confused as to what Ari could be charged with, given that he's already served his time for stealing the money. Is this some sort of fraud? Or a separate charge for living off the proceeds of crime?

Yes he could be charged with keeping and using the proceeds of crime and Mia could be charged as an accessory for the same thing.

9 hours ago, christine king said:

Yes he could be charged with keeping and using the proceeds of crime and Mia could be charged as an accessory for the same thing.

But it has been sitting in the lock up all this time - 10 years - so he hasn't been living off the proceeds as he didn't know it was there.  in fact he struggled to earn enough to feed him, Gemma and Nik.

Archived