2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Sadly, it looks like the Nikau/Bella stuff is never going to be over. I'm not really sure what we were meant to make of all that.Nikau's obviously ecstatic that they're back together, Chloe's just glad they've stopped shouting, Roo (the closest thing to an Adult That Knows whose opinion we hear) thinks it's great, Bella seems to veer back and forth between happy and worried...and then there's Ryder.I really can't tell whether we're meant to be nodding in agreement with him or whether the show had him voice concerns so that they could have other characters answer them and have him and any doubters in the audience change their mind.I do give Nikau points for going to talk to him reasonably rather than lose his temper, but I'm not convinced this reunion is at all smart.

I felt a bit sorry for Alf but that's the problem with surprises:No-one knows you're planning them! So it sounds like the bids are now flooding in, maybe the identity of the person that kicked it off won't be important after all.

Okay, hang on, what? Mia's storyline is utterly bewildering. The police never found the money from the armed robbery and we're only just hearing this now? And Mia, who walked out on Ari and the entire Parata family as a result of the robbery and tried to turn Chloe against him, disappeared off with seemingly thousands of dollars of stolen money and just left it in a garage (and one nowhere near where she lived at that) for the next ten years? Sure...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did I say it was OK for Dean and others to give Grant and other physio's a hard time? 

That was a switch Chloe suddenly becoming Bella's No.1 fan, but I'm guessing she saw how unhappy it was making Nik, despite his protests.  Ryder has known Bella a little longer than Nik so does better her real down times, he doesn't want to see her hurt either through own her actions or others.  Nik and Bella both said a lot of hurtful things to each other but that is what you do when are, um, hurting.  I'm not making excuses for Nik, but he wasn't tempted by any of the beautiful models who were wafting about, he was manipulated by a very cunning, older woman who knew exactly what she was doing.  Nik saw Ryder's 'interference' as that of a friend and admitted he'd feel the same.  She did have the advice of Roo and mac too.  It's not going to be easy and they won't get back to exactly where they were, be totally unrealistic to think they could.  

Yeh Mac and Logan - I did wonder how he got in the flat, door locked, a rare occurrence, but then when they went off for their  'lie down' they left it and the balcony doors wide open! 

OK, even more confused dot.com now, Chloe and Ryder are cooking their food after hours, but not doing all nighters, so how it it working now?  They cook what they do, leave it at the Diner overnight, then Ryder delivers it in the morning, but later than he had been?  I hope whoever is getting the food is reheating it correctly.

Aah poor Mr. Roberts, he wanted to make a real romantic gesture, but didn't make a fuss when he saw how upbeat Martha was about the meeting in the city.  Not of great importance but would be interesting to know who bought Alf's portrait - not John surely? Did like Alf's  faint annoyance at Martha and Roo being stuck to their phones. 

WTF with Mia and the lock up/storage unit and the hidden money therein! No mention before she was in anyway involved. When did Ari give it to her? Wasn't it because Ari didn't want her to visit that finished them  and led her to having nothing to do with the other Parata's?  Ari is NOT a happy bunny. 

1 hour ago, H&Alover said:

Yeh Mac and Logan - I did wonder how he got in the flat, door locked, a rare occurrence, but then when they went off for their  'lie down' they left it and the balcony doors wide open!

Between their kisses, Logan did mention that Mackenzie had told him where to find the spare key :)

Mia has always been a hard character to warm to, not least because of the way Mackenzie (and Willow, to a point) was thrown under a bus to make room for her.But it feels like this episode took what was her biggest plus point, the fact she wanted Ari to move away from a dodgy lifestyle, and completely tore it apart, leaving her as just another selfish criminal.If she'd had any integrity, she'd have handed that money in a decade ago, not kept it hidden away.Honestly, it's not that long since Leah was portrayed as being in the wrong for trying to use stolen money that was hers in the first place, but now we have Mia acting as though she's entitled to money stolen from someone else, and guilt-tripping Ari into going along with it (while also lying about where the money actually is). Maybe this will end up blowing up in her face, but if it doesn't, that's a pretty big moral failing.

Christian forcing Tori to talk to Justin, and her taking ages to get the point across while he looked more and more confused, was kind of amusing. Justin seems okay with it, but his later comments suggest he's okay with her applying for a job overseas but maybe not so much with the idea of her getting it.

You know, some time ago now, I suggested the show should give Leah a nephew who comes to stay with her: She was a bit of an isolated and solitary character at one point, and it would have given her a link to a teen group.Now...I'm not sure it's necessary, since she's pretty well integrated with the Morgans and the show's moved away from being a teen soap with Summer Bay High completely gone.But I'm intrigued to see what they do with it anyway.

Theo seems a interesting character 

I don’t see the point of Bella and Nik getting back together surely they will just have problems now which has spoiled them really I thought that was the point and aftermath to the modelling story split them up 

Mia and Ari buying the gym with the bank robbery money is really stupid that will come back to bite them in their bottoms 

I didn’t realise the Partas actually got away with the money and has been keeping it for a rainy day What with Niks dad getting shot and Ari going to prison they managed to hide the money how exclty did that happen haha 

And yay so far no Ziggy this week 

3 minutes ago, pembie said:

What with Niks dad getting shot and Ari going to prison they managed to hide the money how exclty did that happen haha

They were two separate robberies - the one Mikaere committed, where he was shot dead, was around six months before the Paratas arrived in Summer Bay.

The robbery Ari committed was around 2009, and it was said that the police came to the house and bashed down the door to arrest Ari, which traumatised a young Nikau. So presumably he'd already had enough time to stash the cash before he was hauled off.

3 hours ago, Dan F said:

They were two separate robberies - the one Mikaere committed, where he was shot dead, was around six months before the Paratas arrived in Summer Bay.

The robbery Ari committed was around 2009, and it was said that the police came to the house and bashed down the door to arrest Ari, which traumatised a young Nikau. So presumably he'd already had enough time to stash the cash before he was hauled off.

Ahhh that makes sense, of course Ari’s robbery had to be earlier for Dean to have met him in jail.

5 hours ago, Dan F said:

Ah ok I don’t remember anything about a second robbery if I’m honest 

Archived