Early Years on Amazon Prime UK

jmford85

On 18/01/2020 at 13:12, Homeandawayfan. said:

Walter's mother was mentioned when Walter went to an old house that his mother used to live at. Was that the Old Standish Place?

Interesting if so, and I would think Walt was related to Viv if that is the case.

Yes, Narelle referred to the house as the Old Standish place and then Walter explained it was his Mother’s old home and he inherited it from her.

I feel like the writers seem to have lost interest in the regulars at this point, it seems very much like the Fletchers, Stewarts (to a lesser extent Celia), Nev & Floss, Lance & Martin and again, to a lesser extent Fisher are taking a backseat to Colleen, Stacey, Phil, Jeff & Gary.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil, Colleen, Stacey, Jeff, Gary and Alison were just supporting characters yet seemed to be elevated to main character status, even for a couple of months or so.

Mervin Baldivis was a distant relative of Martha Stewart (Nee Baldivis) but Martha's dad was Jack, and Mervin was just probably a distant family member.

Viv Standish never stated that she was a relative of Walter, but she may have been a relative. Just because someone did not state it onscreen, does not make it untrue. Walter was just a guest character but I am sure he is a cousin or 2nd cousin of Viv, meaning Ric and Owen are also related to the Summer Bay Nutter lol.

Anyone else catch Alf call Carly "Carly Fletcher" when confronting Celia about her gossiping? Also, the way he got rid of Maggie in a subtly rude way was hilarious. "G'day Maggie, see ya later, hey?"

6 hours ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

Anyone else catch Alf call Carly "Carly Fletcher" when confronting Celia about her gossiping? Also, the way he got rid of Maggie in a subtly rude way was hilarious. "G'day Maggie, see ya later, hey?"

There was a lot of that early on “Lynn Fletcher” and “Carly Fletcher” - although Frank & Steven seemed to just be called Morgan & Matheson fairly quickly. I don’t know if someone just didn’t think when writing the scripts that they wouldn’t have Tom & Pippa’s surname or it was just to symbolise the town viewing them as Fletchers or not knowing their actual surnames. The only time it really stood out to me is when Lynn ran away and the radio report talked about Lynn Fletcher from Summer Bay being missing.

As yet, we haven’t had a mention of Sally’s surname and I’m at episode 240, but it’ll be odd when it does come up and I hear Sally Keating as she’s the one I’d be expecting to hear Fletcher for!

6 hours ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

Who was Maggie?. 

On 19/01/2020 at 16:42, c120701 said:

Yes, Narelle referred to the house as the Old Standish place and then Walter explained it was his Mother’s old home and he inherited it from her.

I feel like the writers seem to have lost interest in the regulars at this point, it seems very much like the Fletchers, Stewarts (to a lesser extent Celia), Nev & Floss, Lance & Martin and again, to a lesser extent Fisher are taking a backseat to Colleen, Stacey, Phil, Jeff & Gary.

They were probably testing the waters to see who could be invested in aside from the established 18.

10 hours ago, c120701 said:

Does Nicolle Dickson go through a period of wearing a really bad wig or is it really her hair?

Producers probably told her to keep it rough being in character with Bobby. I reckon Nicolle would have been brilliant in Neighbours as Joanna Hale (Bridget and Riley's biological mum) as Eloise Mignon looked a lot like a younger version of her.

Archived