Early Years on Amazon Prime UK

jmford85

Long time lurker but didn't see this posted anywhere...

In a very unexpected move, the entire 1988 season has been uploaded to Amazon Prime today. I don't know if that paves the way for future seasons but it would definitely seem promising.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YBNTL7N/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=home+and+away&qid=1569439134&s=instant-video&sr=1-1

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/09/2019 at 08:07, CaptainHulk said:

Hey, There times on this hemisphere we get the s***ty end of the stick!

Besides most of us know where we can find them if we look hard enough.

That's fair enough. The UK are ridiculously long overdue for a repeat run of H&A, and have been let down for far too long. I agree. All episodes should be available EVERYWHERE. No geo-blocking, no more mucking around

9 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

That's fair enough. The UK are ridiculously long overdue for a repeat run of H&A, and have been let down for far too long. I agree. All episodes should be available EVERYWHERE. No geo-blocking, no more mucking around

Still hoping for 1996-1999 one day :( 

It's a great surprise I must admit!  The UK hasn't had a decent re-run of classic episodes for quite a while. 

To be honest, I think this is the way to go rather than re-runs on linear television.  You can watch at your own pace, and you're not dependent on keeping them available on your PVR.  Streaming is only going to get bigger (I wonder how many people watch the show on Channel 7 and Channel 5's players rather than the broadcast now?)

In fact I can't remember the last time I watched something as it was broadcast that wasn't live - we are becoming our own schedulers.

Archived