Early Years on Amazon Prime UK

jmford85

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Martin said:

In between Ben and Ross, Justin Rosniak also played Joseph Lynch, son of the temporary school principal (played by Diane Craig).

Yes. It’s a shame he was used as Ross really (not that it stops them), we could have had Ben come back to Summer Bay. Maybe if Sally had still been around he’d have been a love interest for her.

6 hours ago, c120701 said:

The storytelling really is brilliant at this point in the show. Pippa only being able to make a house cake and then surrounding the house and family with burning candles for Steven’s birthday - it’s genius. Tying in Steven’s backstory and developing the character. Pippa’s realisation of what she’d done was fantastic too.

I completely agree - the imagery is haunting and effective and it's a very clever, underrated moment.

And there's also the continuity of Pippa's cursed house cakes - every time she makes one something bad happens (she says this herself the third time it happens).

37 minutes ago, Martin said:

In between Ben and Ross, Justin Rosniak also played Joseph Lynch, son of the temporary school principal (played by Diane Craig).

She wasn't the temporary principle. You might be getting confused with Lois Crawford.

Theresa Lynch was a short-lived deputy principle who Fisher strongly disliked to the point he was arguably unprofessionally hard on her. (Ironically as Lois Crawford had been with him).

I can’t remember where we discussed this before, but the enclosed upstairs verandah (Not sure what to call it) of Summer Bay House that’s supposed to be off Tom & Pippa’s bedroom does have a floor to it externally at this point.

Maybe when they rebuilt the house that’s one part they couldn’t replace and make structurally sound to walk on again.

On 30/10/2019 at 20:15, Martin said:

Really enjoying the episodes so far, bringing back lots of old memories. Have just watched the episode where Frank sings the song he wrote for Roo for the first time. Nice to hear it as 'Have you ever been alone' has been going round in my head for the last 30 years and frequently comes out when I'm having a hum or a little singsong when nobody is listening!

I also didn't remember how much I liked Nico though I did remember him. Roger Oakley and Vanessa Downing are an amazing couple, they work so well together. I doubt the show would ever have become the success it did if it wasn't for their solid believable partnership. Looking forward to seeing Narelle, Philip, Stacey and Andrew make their debuts soon.

This

In my opinion Vanessa doesn't get enough credit for bringing the Pippa Fletcher character to life. Both Roger and Vanessa are fantastic actors. Hopefully they will reunite again for another project.

I do feel at times that Tom feels like the parent and Pippa seems like one of the kids. She encourages Frank to pick the lock of the church hall without thinking of the consequences for Frank, herself or the rest of the kids if someone did report them. 

I think with Frank as well, it shows there isn’t much of an age gap, only about 20 years and even with the other kids, she’s very quick to go to them after an argument.

I think Debra’s Pippa does seem quite different, maybe because without Tom, Pippa has to be the sensible one. I couldn’t imagine her picking a lock or encouraging one of her kids to. She’d also be more likely to let the kids cool down after an argument (unless she was in the wrong) and wait for them to speak to her.

Archived