Early Years on Amazon Prime UK

jmford85

14 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

I wouldn't say little Sally is "as cute as a button"

Her attitude to Dodge and her "high and mighty" attitude of being smarter than everybody else, has always disgusted me.

She was one of four people who saw through him. The other three were Celia, Bobby and Lance.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

She was one of four people who saw through him. The other three were Celia, Bobby and Lance.

Little Sally was simply too young to make informed judgments. Also, Alsa and Sally saying "It's just a feeling I have" is not evidence by any stretch of the imagination

❤ Bobby so much. Think Nicolle played the part well.

Reckon Vanessa Downing was the better Pipper. Loved her relationship with Tom. But was good that she left when Roger Oakley's character was killed off. Couldn't imagine Vanessa's version of Pipper with the character Michael Ross, reckon Debra Lawrence's version of Pipper was perfect for the change in actresses.

Wish we'd seen more of Lynn. He character seemed to leave very abruptly. Loved her friendship with Niko. 

Alf and Ailsa were cool together. Thought Judy Nunn played the part especially around the time of Ailsa's post natal depression absolutely brilliantly. 

2 hours ago, Summerbaygirlie said:

❤ Bobby so much. Think Nicolle played the part well.

Reckon Vanessa Downing was the better Pipper. Loved her relationship with Tom. But was good that she left when Roger Oakley's character was killed off. Couldn't imagine Vanessa's version of Pipper with the character Michael Ross, reckon Debra Lawrence's version of Pipper was perfect for the change in actresses.

Wish we'd seen more of Lynn. He character seemed to leave very abruptly. Loved her friendship with Niko. 

Alf and Ailsa were cool together. Thought Judy Nunn played the part especially around the time of Ailsa's post natal depression absolutely brilliantly. 

I'm still waiting for that Mess-with-your-head publicity shot of Roger posing with Debra and Vanessa posing with Dennis! It's the type thing they'd do for a laugh plus the heights work out! Dennis was not much bigger than Nicole or Rebekah at the time. No sizism, here stating facts.

Lyn just didn't really fit and was only there because Sal REFUSED to leave the children's home without her so the Fletchers got a Twofer. Every one of  had their purpose. Frankie the Ace/Golden Boy/Eldest, Carly the Diva, Stevo the Egghead/Karate Kid, Sal the kitten/pup of the litter and Bobby the scrapper. I guess she was the bible-basher but that position in town was taken by Ceils who probably thought "Nice girl, wrong denomination!"? That said I would have to gotten closure on her around the time of Sal's departure.

4 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Little Sally was simply too young to make informed judgments. Also, Alsa and Sally saying "It's just a feeling I have" is not evidence by any stretch of the imagination

You're telling me as child you never thought "This person just seems... off/sketchy"? 

I never quite got it clear what the deal was with Sally and Lynn both coming, it may be one of those things that changed between the publicity material and the actual show. Didn't Sally say at one point (to Ben, I think) that Tom and Pippa were visiting Lynn first? Either way, despite being underused for her last three months on the show, I think losing Lynn was disappointing, she was one of those characters who could bring something to scenes despite not having much to do.I guess she was the goodie two-shoes one.She wasn't really judgemental like Celia was, she was the supportive, kind-hearted one: She had some good stuff at the beginning of Carly's alcohol addiction and it was a shame she wasn't around for the rest of the storyline.

19 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I never quite got it clear what the deal was with Sally and Lynn both coming, it may be one of those things that changed between the publicity material and the actual show. Didn't Sally say at one point (to Ben, I think) that Tom and Pippa were visiting Lynn first? Either way, despite being underused for her last three months on the show, I think losing Lynn was disappointing, she was one of those characters who could bring something to scenes despite not having much to do.I guess she was the goodie two-shoes one.She wasn't really judgemental like Celia was, she was the supportive, kind-hearted one: She had some good stuff at the beginning of Carly's alcohol addiction and it was a shame she wasn't around for the rest of the storyline.

Plus they basically kept Carly back a year at school to fill Lynn’s place (although it was understandable storywise).

Had Lynn been a boy, I reckon he’d have been kept on, with Carly there’s lots of others for her to interact with around her age, Steven doesn’t really have anyone.

1 minute ago, c120701 said:

Plus they basically kept Carly back a year at school to fill Lynn’s place (although it was understandable storywise).

Had Lynn been a boy, I reckon he’d have been kept on, with Carly there’s lots of others for her to interact with around her age, Steven doesn’t really have anyone.

It didn't last, Carly, after one too many comments from Vicki, chucked in the towel. She did go to TAFE during her marriage to Ben, though while working in the Diner.

On 23/02/2020 at 12:44, c120701 said:

Episode 272 has the most amazing walkaround of almost the whole Summer Bay House verandah - so much so that you wonder why Fisher didn’t just leave via the back door.

I believe it's the one and only time we properly see round that side of the house.

On 25/02/2020 at 00:34, Red Ranger 1 said:

I never quite got it clear what the deal was with Sally and Lynn both coming, it may be one of those things that changed between the publicity material and the actual show. Didn't Sally say at one point (to Ben, I think) that Tom and Pippa were visiting Lynn first?

I believe (but willing to stand corrected) that Captain Hulk got it the wrong way around -

Lynn and Sally became friends and grew very close in the children's home. Lynn became protective of Sally. When Pippa and Tom came to foster Lynn, she insisted she would not leave Sally. Pippa and Tom being the saints they were, took in both.

This stubborn-ness of Lynn's can be seen quite strongly in the early eps. Her protection of Sally is shown in the pilot but mostly phased out afterwards.

I wouldn't say she was a goodie-two-shoes. She quite often mouthed-off at Fisher and others who stood in her way when she wanted something.

Archived