Early Years on Amazon Prime UK

jmford85

I wonder why Nicolle wore a wig in the first place? Was it meant to be a contrast from Bobby?

I wonder why Nicolle wore a wig in the first place? Was it meant to be a contrast from Bobby?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure the hospital seen in the early years was mentioned as being in Yabbie Creek, where Martha was born and where Brett went a lot to see Martha, but if YC was a whopping 100 miles away, the characters seemed to get there and back to the bay (no pun intended about this site's name) quick smart. I suppose TPTB later wanted to make Yabbie Creek closer to Summer Bay so as to make it easier for storylines.

On 07/02/2020 at 07:25, Trudy Heine said:

Quadruple post!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I’m new here. I have recently discovered classic home and away on amazon prime and by god I’m in love. My only gripe is with roo. In the current home and away, I absolutely adore roo but I absolutely cannot stand the roo in classic home and away. I have no idea how she grew up to be the loveable roo that she is right now because it seems she used to be a downright awful person. She is such a vindictive cow it’s almost as tho she had a personality transplant as she grew up. She’s my least favourite character in classic home and away. I’m nearing the end of the episodes available on prime, does anyone know where else I could watch them? I live in the uk

3 hours ago, Deeuk said:

Hi I’m new here. I have recently discovered classic home and away on amazon prime and by god I’m in love. My only gripe is with roo. In the current home and away, I absolutely adore roo but I absolutely cannot stand the roo in classic home and away. I have no idea how she grew up to be the loveable roo that she is right now because it seems she used to be a downright awful person. She is such a vindictive cow it’s almost as tho she had a personality transplant as she grew up. She’s my least favourite character in classic home and away. I’m nearing the end of the episodes available on prime, does anyone know where else I could watch them? I live in the uk

Ruth/Morag/Celia all had personality transplants and Ruth and Morag becomes more nice and Celia become nasty.

I love that quote at Ruth and Harvey wedding as Celia made nasty comment and Morag pulled her up on it and Celia said back you come out with comments like that too before and Morag maybe I did once but I have learned to keep my opinions to my self . 

the lack of continuity between old Roo and new Roo is one of many, many flaws in the current show. She's a completely different character. Wait until you get to Marilyn, she's another one who changed beyond recognition (and far beyond what can be reasoned as "maturing".)

You should try to enjoy classic Roo though. Even though she's often the villain of the show, she's a great character and she's part of what made the show a success.

Would love to hear your thoughts on other characters like Bobby, Celia, Donald, Ailsa, Morag etc

54 minutes ago, Sally Keating said:

the lack of continuity between old Roo and new Roo is one of many, many flaws in the current show. She's a completely different character. Wait until you get to Marilyn, she's another one who changed beyond recognition (and far beyond what can be reasoned as "maturing".)

You should try to enjoy classic Roo though. Even though she's often the villain of the show, she's a great character and she's part of what made the show a success.

Would love to hear your thoughts on other characters like Bobby, Celia, Donald, Ailsa, Morag etc

I am really trying to like classic roo because of how much I love current roo but I am finding it really difficult to identify with her. Take the foster kids of the fletchers for eg, they have reason to be a tad selfish and self serving (like Carly), but they’ve seem to have more about them than roo who grew up with a lot more privilege and a near perfect father in Alf. I loved when she was first introduced and when she dated frank. It all appeared to go downhill for her after ailsa and her father, but even when she claimed to want to make her own choices, she never afforded her father the privilege of making his own choice. She’d sooner see him alone and unhappy than happy with another woman. I find her selfishness so hard to contend with, at her young age. 

im quite looking forward to Marilyn and Irene, they’re also 2 that I absolutely adore. I’ve only recently heard that Tom dies and I am actually dreading watching it, I love him and love him and pippa together. 

bobby- she’s a great girl, fierce with a heart of gold. She’s just a softie under all that toughness. Same with Donald. I’m not sure why I get the feeling of something between her and Donald (idk if it’s romantic as there’s quite a large age gap but there’s SOMETHING there). I think Sally’s got to be my favourite, I just love her sass ? 

Archived