Early Years on Amazon Prime UK

jmford85

On 29/01/2020 at 10:06, CaptainHulk said:

Producers probably told her to keep it rough being in character with Bobby. I reckon Nicolle would have been brilliant in Neighbours as Joanna Hale (Bridget and Riley's biological mum) as Eloise Mignon looked a lot like a younger version of her.

I think it was for continuity as right before the wedding she has a “haircut” - so she’d just taken the wig off.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They clearly had no idea the Diner was going to be a Diner when they were writing the scripts, it was coffee shop well after it opened. The set designers obviously came up with the Diner design and the name was probably born from there and the scripts likely preceeded the set.

On 30/01/2020 at 21:43, c120701 said:

They clearly had no idea the Diner was going to be a Diner when they were writing the scripts, it was coffee shop well after it opened. The set designers obviously came up with the Diner design and the name was probably born from there and the scripts likely preceeded the set.

I think you're right. It takes a while for the name "the Diner" to catch on.

On 30/01/2020 at 22:34, c120701 said:

When did Home and Away stop using a set for the church interior rather than the actual interior? Was it Ben & Carly’s wedding?

I thought it was always the real interior.

On 30/01/2020 at 20:22, c120701 said:

I think it was for continuity as right before the wedding she has a “haircut” - so she’d just taken the wig off.

I cannot believe that I never picked up on this but you're 100% right there! Nicolle has a much darker colour naturally (somewhere between chestnut and auburn) and her hair is much sleeker and straighter, whereas the wig is mousey and quite wavy with lots of split ends! She definitely wears a wig during her 1995 return too, as Nicolle actually had very long hair at that time. In fact, her ghost style looks the same as her 1988 style - did they recycle the old 88' prop (even though Bobby was dark blonde when she died)? ?

On 29/01/2020 at 07:41, c120701 said:

"Or it was just to symbolise the town viewing them as Fletchers or not knowing their actual surnames. The only time it really stood out to me is when Lynn ran away and the radio report talked about Lynn Fletcher from Summer Bay being missing."

This is what I speculated. They were fresh faces in the bay, I'm sure Alf didn't sit down just to hear Tom and Pippa give him theirs and the kids their life stories.

On 02/02/2020 at 12:19, Sally Keating said:

I think you're right. It takes a while for the name "the Diner" to catch on.

I thought it was always the real interior.

No, it’s a set, if you compare Roo/Frank/Bobby’s weddings to Ben & Carly’s or Shane & Angel’s for example you’ll see the aisle is much narrower on the latter weddings and the windows are different.

Episode 247 is the first reference to the Diner (as the Diner) and Episode 248 is the first sighting of the iconic Summer Bay High dress. It’s starting to feel much more like Home and Away now those long running elements are starting to appear.

On 30/01/2020 at 22:34, c120701 said:

When did Home and Away stop using a set for the church interior rather than the actual interior? Was it Ben & Carly’s wedding?

I believe Tom's funeral was the first time they used the real interior, a couple of months before the wedding.

On 03/02/2020 at 17:12, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

This is what I speculated. They were fresh faces in the bay, I'm sure Alf didn't sit down just to hear Tom and Pippa give him theirs and the kids their life stories.

Not especially with him trying to offload the house on them!

Archived