2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

We need some flashbacks to illustrate what went down, even if it is an flashback and as cool as it would be to get the rights to "Fortunate Son" we'll leave that for one of Alf's 'Nam flashbacks ?

In all seriousness, I'm enjoying this story from a dramatic standpoint. Will, Emily and Shane are nailing it with their performances.

Had a dirty joke being loaded about Ben and "quick finishes" but thought better of it. Trust me, I'll come up with something ?

I'm betting the next person to catch Lustin on the job will be Alf when returns and be all like "Hogan's Ghost!" ?

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:36, Slade said:

From what I understand it was handrails he put up in the bathroom/bedroom and an extension to the kitchen tap.  Handrails actually don't take that long.  You're marking a couple of holes, aligning the rail and drilling and screwing them in.

Lot more to it than handrails and taps, there was door widening which he had to do to the back door as not possible at the front, ramps,  fitting the hoists in the bedroom and bathroom, hospital wouldn't have let Jett home if the alterations hadn't been done otherwise.

I really hope that at the end of this Raffy takes a long hard look at herself.Even at the start, she's making snide remarks about Bella and snubbing her, which seems like an overreaction.Ryder continued to defend Bella, at least until he worked out what she'd done. Logic problem:Bella did the graffiti so Raffy would be friends with her again...but Raffy didn't know it was her.I get that it provided a decent talking point, but the implication is that making a few nasty comments about Simone would have done the job.But then, I guess teenagers aren't exactly known for their logic! Bella owning up once she knew Raffy was being blamed works in her favour. Maggie impressed again:There was no point at which she showed any pleasure about Simone's problem.

Pretty much all related stuff elsewhere.We've seen Ziggy self-destruct like this before, when Brody and Olivia had to come to her rescue.She's got a more sympathetic reason this time, but it's still a bad idea and just about everyone's at the end of their tether.Justin handled things well.I'm not as angry with Brody and especially Simone as I used to be, but every time they make comments like "I didn't realise it would be like this" my sympathy level plummets.Did they really expect people to be happy?

On 26/05/2019 at 13:34, H&Alover said:

Lot more to it than handrails and taps, there was door widening which he had to do to the back door as not possible at the front, ramps,  fitting the hoists in the bedroom and bathroom, hospital wouldn't have let Jett home if the alterations hadn't been done otherwise.

Very convenient that all of that work was to the part of the house we don’t see.

I’ve noticed the Palmers have got a screen door at the front now though. If they had it before they never had it shut.

My comments from Sunday have disappeared!  Anyways in a nutshell - Jett  handled himself very well during his interview, which was just following procedure, we found out  a little bit more about the incident - it was down to a suicide bomber.  I guess they will take Jett's statement of what he recalls then interview the other survivors to get their account and then make their decision as to what happens next. I know nothing about military procedures but I like to think that they will take into consideration it was Jett's first command so he wouldn't be as experienced as another longer serving officer.

Justin did absolutely the right thing by sending Ziggy home - she was in no state to work, if she had been more seriously hurt he would have, as her employer, been liable.  Plus Justin would have jumped up and down on him. A part of her knows she's doing the wrong thing but for her, it's the only way to stop her hurting so bad. Still not in the mood to listen to any reasoned argument from Ben.  She went off on one at Maggie when she asked if she had done the graffiti, wrongly, as it happened, blaming Simone for putting her name in the frame.  When in fact as we know when Maggie suggested it Simone didn't believe it was her but a pupil.   That'll be a shock for Ziggy that her enemy was on her side should Maggie get the chance to explain it to her!   It has been her using the term homewrecker.

Raffy didn't exactly deflect any suspicion she may have been involved by her taunts and snide remarks, so no surprise Maggie hauled her in and she does have history for breaking into the school. Haven't made the place any more secure since last time have they? Bella snubbing Simone was part of Bella's plan to make Raffy 'like' her again and agreeing with her comments.  Ryder was playing the voice of reason again and it was very astute of him to work out who had actually did the 'artwork' though her 360 degree turn in her opinion of Simone may have been a bit of a clue. His quite word with Bella, along the lines of 'we both know Raffy didn't do it and a real friend wouldn't let her take the rap' spurred her into confessing, though I like to think she would have done so anyway.

Both Simone and Maggie acted very professionally, Simone could have easily have gone home right there and then, but didn't, she held out until the afternoon.  Whatever we may think of her private  life she had guts. What was a fairly secret affair - no pun intended -  is now known throughout the whole school.  The kids may think it's cool, but I don't think some of their parents will.  Maggie too, whatever she thinks of Simone and her actions outside the school, and she voiced that, told Simone she wouldn't tolerate that sort of behaviour toward any member of her staff.  On the subject of the break in and the graffiti were the police called in at all?  Will Colby be questioning his own sister?

Brody was right he and Simone hadn't ever been on a proper date.  We only caught the end of their talk, but he'd obviously told her about the WP episode in their lives. We still don't know much about her history though. 

Btw Justin just for your info Brody isn't an ex addict he's a recovering addict, always will be.

Really enjoying the show at the moment. I'm even watching most episodes twice.  Great performances all round.

I actually felt sorry for Simone.  Bella was genuinely sorry for her actions though.  I liked how R&R came along to help her clean the graffiti off.

Dean was the perfect gentleman to Ziggy.  I like their friendship.

I felt they kind of botched the resolution of Raffy and Bella's storyline here.The focus on Bella and her realisation of what she'd done was good, and Ryder put up a good showing in his opening scene, again being straight with Raffy and making pointed remarks about how Bella thought she'd be pleased and she was.But I'm not sure how we got from Raffy going back to giving Bella the cold shoulder at the Diner to turning up to help her with the cleaning.The moment felt unearned and undeveloped, and then the episode really screwed up the message by having Ryder there as well, so it wasn't about Raffy owning her part in what had happened but about them still being friends.Or something.

Anyway, it's goodbye for Simone as far as Summer Bay High's concerned, and possibly as far as Summer Bay's concerned, and possibly for Brody too.Although I'm not as against them as I was, I still think it would be slightly unsatisfying to give them a sunset ending and have the other Morgans continue to refer to them as being together while they're still around.The show really hasn't convinced me this was anything more than Brody getting the seven year itch seven years early.

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but since when has Colby been obsessed about getting Willow and Dean together, seemingly without bothering to check if it's what either of them wants? Given his similar over-involvement with Robbo and Jasmine, I'm tempted to wonder if having screwed up his own marriage, he's transferring by trying to pair up everyone else.I'm yet to be convinced by Willow's out of nowhere "love" for Dean, which feels like a panic at not having him available as an option anymore.Her waiting for him in bed was as awkward as when he did the same to her a year or so ago.

Marilyn: "Now, I'm not sure if you know but our Jett is just out of hospital" - No Marilyn they couldn't possibly have known that.

Ziggy made me laugh when she was all hyper as Justin came in to open up and she was already working.  I thought for a split second she had gone down Brody's route but realised she was still under the influence of alcohol.  I actually ended up feeling quite sorry for her, firstly when Maggie thought she was behind the graffiti and then when she went to confront Brody at salt.

Interesting listening to Simone talk about how she was struggling financially in Uni as I always had the impression she was reasonably well off (Or at least had parents that were).  Whilst Raffy had nothing to do with the graffiti slating Simone, I think she probably enjoyed it too much.  I haven't really liked her attitude even though it is very understandable.  I don't particularly like Simone but I did feel really sorry for her when saw what was written about her.  I felt even sorrier for her when she found out Bella was responsible.  She looked pretty devastated.  You can argue her and Brody leaving is probably a good thing and probably the fairest thing to do with regards to Ziggy.  The only thing I would say is I can't help but think the way Brody's acting, if things don't work out with Simone then he could go back to drugs again.  Thought Maggie's 'Good luck' scene to Simone was very professional although she's probably over the moon Simone's going.

Archived