Most Popular Character 2018

Dan F

1 hour ago, Slade said:
Absolutely delighted Hunter  has finished so high.:D  I remember when he first came to the show, I absolutely hated him.  But over time my attitude towards him changed and I still liked him a lot despite him reverting back to sociopath mode and stabbing Andy.  I did seriously think about voting for him but just couldn't because of how he ruined Christina's life which really bothered me.

Hunter ruined Christina’s life - it was the other way around wasn’t it?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pippa's another one of mine, which leaves me with three in the Top 5!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Not really, although she had a bit of a go. Christina wanted him to quit uni and start somewhere else in order to save her career, Instead, he reported her and, when she tried to blame him, made sure the uni knew the truth, fired her and left her with nothing...then he quit uni and left town. So basically, he'd have been no worse off if he'd done what she wanted and instead chose to wreck her life for nothing.

It will be bittersweet if Cornelia's death may have made Morag stick in people's minds and she gets her highest placing ever. Hopefully it's not Sally again. Not offense to the character, she's iconic and i've voted for her in the past but she's had her moment in the sun on top.

17 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

So basically, he'd have been no worse off if he'd done what she wanted and instead chose to wreck her life for nothing.

Well, given how many other lives he ruined with his actions previously on the show, which the writers conveniently ignored, it's not much of a surprise that he ruined another just before leaving.  

22 hours ago, chair said:

He was in the UK episode, he played a guy called Geoffrey.  The actor looks exactly the same, I don't think he seems to have aged over the years at all.  I've watched the second half of the episode and didn't notice Selina flirting with him (though I easily miss these things.)  It's years since I watched the first half of the episode so possibly she flirted with him in the first half of the episode.

22 hours ago, Dan F said:

Selina didn't flirt with him - the phrase RR1 used was "getting chatted up by Nick off Coronation Street in Ironbridge" ?

He was shyly keen and had bought himself and Selina some tickets to the Greek Islands for when she was better, but realised he'd missed his chance when Steven rocked up.

Ah sorry guys, I must have misread. Thank you for all your information, this is one of those eras of the shows I don't know a lot about. So I didn't realise it happened during Selina and Steven's relationship (or if they weren't exactly together at the time, while they were having some kind of thing), but that makes sense. So Nick Geoff flirted with Selina then? Sound like a very full on guy if he bought tickets to take her to Greece, when she wasn't even flirting back. At least he found some happiness with Leanne again.

22 hours ago, Dan F said:

As chair has said it was the UK episode in 1998 - and like most Brits that appear in the show, he couldn't have sounded more spiffingly English if he tried ?

(I hasten to add he was purposely in Victorian costume at the museum at in this shot, it wasn't a case of H&A's wardrobe department being a bit behind the times when it comes to British fashion...)

I appreciate that you added an explanation for his costume, because otherwise I would genuinely just have thought to myself "oh, that's what Australians think British people dress like?" Because he does look like he should be on an episode of Heartbeat (the ITV (?) show, not the Melissa George one) :lol: And I agree with @chair, he hasn't changed a lot since 1998. He just has grayer hair!

22 hours ago, Matt said:

Christina was definitely the first to initiate things between them and you can argue she was in a position of trust but I personally didn't see Hunter as an innocent party in this particular scenario.  Strictly speaking he's an adult and made a choice to engage in a relationship and sleep with her.  I didn't like it when Christina lied about Hunter harassing her when he wanted another mentor but the way I saw it, Christina felt backed into a corner and had no choice.  To me, it was obvious she cared for him but in spite of that he reported her anyway.  I felt Hunter ruined Christina's life rather than the other way round because Hunter could have always gone to another Uni.  By reporting Christina he guaranteed that she would never be able to work in education again, is unlikely to get a reference and will probably find it very difficult to get another job, especially to the level she is qualified.  The sad thing is Hunter quit uni anyway but is free to resume his studies if he gets fed up of living abroad.  If I had been in Hunter's position, I'm not sure I could have gone through with it, especially if I cared as much as Hunter apparently did for Christina (The love of his life Olivia left a few weeks before and he wasn't too bothered because he had moved on).  Rather than reporting her I think Hunter and Leah should have come to a more amicable solution with Christina.  Possibly concoct a story that they could all agree on.  Or alternatively just blackmailing her into quitting would have been better than what he did.

Aden and Brax - Well both characters are still very popular.  Wasn't sure what the general consensus was with those two.

Amazing start for Raffy.  Perfectly understandable why she's finished so high.  She's loving, selfless, a good friend, a nice person, intelligent, witty, attractive - What's not to like?  It will be really interesting to see how her character progresses because if the writers get it right she may potentially challenge for number 1 spot eventually.

Archived