Most Popular Character 2018

Dan F

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chair said:

I loved the comments about Jett - is he really meant to be a year older than VJ?! I thought they were just meant to be the same age with the actors being completely different ages.

Oh yes: One of the more bizarre plot twists of recent years was when Jett found out that his mother had got his age wrong and he was actually 16, a year older than he thought, possibly to make him old enough to go to military school.

Of course that Dean was going to get a large amount of votes. I'm glad that he did because I really like his character, though I had my problems with him at the start. 

Billie...Well, how do I talk about her without stirring up a hornet's nest?  While I won't pretend that I commend the way she did things during the pregnancy, you have to feel for her with all the things she went through. And also Tessa De Josselin did a fantastic portrayal of her. So I think it's right that she gotten as high as she has, though I expected more. 

Seeing VJ, Jett and Ryder getting as high as they have is great to see as well. I agree with the comment on Ryder, while he may be annoying, he does have a good heart. 

I didn't expect either Tori or Leah to get as much votes as they have, given how much people have gone off them on the forums recently, but as still a fan of both of them, I'm glad to see them. 

Like Billie, I expected, and kind of hoped for, to see Kyle higher up on the list. He's my favourite Braxton (despite me not voting for him), though as the commentary on him says, the way he left was the worst. 

Seeing Charlie, one of my all-time favourite cops, and Ruby high on the list is very welcoming, as is the appearence of Ziggy, my favourite Astoni, Vinnie, and Miles. 

Tori is more popular than I thought.  I guess people recognise how caring she can be.  I like to think people can also see her comical side which comes out from time to time.

I hadn't thought about Ziggy but not really surprised she's finished so high.  I was little surprised with Ryder (until Ty was mentioned).  Whilst I don't dislike him I do find him childish and immature for the most part.

Also surprised Leah's finished quite low relatively speaking.  I did initially think it was because of the breakup with Zac then VJ leaving so she's effectively playing a support role but it hasn't affected Irene.

Had completely forgotten about Jett so am again little surprised he's finished so high.

No real surprises with Kyle/Miles.

Unlike most people (I'm guessing), I most certainly did not feel sorry for Billie.  Although I wasn't happy they killed her off because it felt like they effectively martyred her and would have preferred if she had just left with the baby.  Actually surprised she didn't finish higher.

Charlie...one of my favourite characters at one point during the show.

And probably my favourite villain from my favourite era Angie Russell puts in an appearance...

On 19/12/2018 at 18:09, Red Ranger 1 said:

No, I get what you mean. I wouldn't wish George out of existence after everything Nicole went through to get him back (Marilyn and other people's children again...), Penn's out of the picture so that's not an issue.I was happy enough for her and Angelo to leave together at the time, after everything she'd been put through I was just happy for her to get any sort of happy ending, but as time's gone on I find it harder and harder to imagine they'd have lasted.I did write a story once where Nicole was still living in the Bay with George, with Angelo nowhere in sight, and Aden came back and they ended up leaving together and getting married, I think I've got a version of that in my head as a possible fate for her.Either that or she's living in sapphic bliss with Ruby, I've written a story where that happened as well...

Well now I feel bad for not including George in my ideal ending for Nicole... I know she loved him a lot, but I guess I just didn't feel like it was the right time for Nicole to have a baby, and Angelo of all people being her love interest plus the mess with Marilyn didn't exactly help. I love the idea of Nicole having George and meeting Aden later and getting back together (so link me to that fic), but I don't know how realistic I think it is. Maybe it could work when they're older and more mature. As for Nicole and Ruby... I like the idea of Nicole living her best fashion designer life with a nice girlfriend, but Ruby turn into kind of a psycho and I wouldn't wish her on anyone, especially not one of my favorite characters (that I probably should have voted for...) :lol:

Nice update today! Billie is the second of those characters I think I voted for, and Leah is a character I always want to vote for, but never quite have space for.

1 Jasmine

2 Irene

3 Marilyn

4 Willow

5 Alf

6 Raffy

I think the missing 2 will be Jasmine and Willow, and its shame as I think Jasmine and Willow are more likeable then most of the younger female cast that have arrived in recent years.

I think the top ten will be Alf/Donald/Pippa/Kat/Sally/Brax/Raffy/Irene/Marilyn/Morag.

I like Raffy and Kat  but I don't think there   characters are  good enough to make the top ten, as they not going go down as memorable as characters like Alf and Irene etc. 

Only the Top 10 to come and I've still got four yet to appear!

6 hours ago, Therese K said:

Well now I feel bad for not including George in my ideal ending for Nicole... I know she loved him a lot, but I guess I just didn't feel like it was the right time for Nicole to have a baby, and Angelo of all people being her love interest plus the mess with Marilyn didn't exactly help. I love the idea of Nicole having George and meeting Aden later and getting back together (so link me to that fic), but I don't know how realistic I think it is. Maybe it could work when they're older and more mature. As for Nicole and Ruby... I like the idea of Nicole living her best fashion designer life with a nice girlfriend, but Ruby turn into kind of a psycho and I wouldn't wish her on anyone, especially not one of my favorite characters (that I probably should have voted for...) :lol:

I know it wasn't the ideal time but I think she'd have coped. Link to the fic is here, although be warned, it's a big ensemble fic and part of a lengthy saga and the Aden/Nicole stuff is only a very small part of it (Aden doesn't even show up until Chapter 14).And if you're not a fan of Ruby, you may not like her role in it: I started the series long before she left, but to be fair I'd write her the same now, I think she'd got over that weird brake-cutting urge by the end.

1 hour ago, DialMforMorag said:

Wow, Raffy is nowhere to be seen yet so I'm guessing she will be in the top 10. She must be the highest new entry ever?

Well, Brax debuted at Number 3 in 2012 (Jack and Martha also debuted in the Top 10 in 2006) so...not necessarily.

Archived