Most Popular Character 2018

Dan F

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is for the top 3: 
1. Morag Bellingham or Alf Stewart

2. Sally Fletcher, Alf Stewart or Morag Bellingham, and same for 3.

I don't think Sally will leave the top 3, but I do think she might not be number 1 anymore. I think either Alf or Morag, Alf because it's the 30th and he has been around since the pilot, and Morag at least partly because of Cornelia Frances' Death. I think maybe she could be number 1 in memorial of Conelia. Sally hasn't been on the show for a while, and while Morag hasn't either, she was brought back to everyone's minds.

Absolutely wonderful to see Raffy being one of the highest! She was one of my favourites this whole year and has all the kind, friendly, independent qualities that I like in a character, and she was involved in the most interesting storylines this year. 

Also good to see Brax in the top ten as well. He was far from perfect, but then again, who is? It was his loyalty to his family that really made him a favourite of mine. 

Kind of surprised to see Aden in the top ten, I knew he would get a lot of votes, but I didn't expect this much. And also not as much for Marilyn either, whom I expect to drop in popularity recently.

And of course Irene (who will always win me over with her stubbornness) and Don were going to be in five and four, respectively. So that would leave, almost definitely, Alf, Morag and Sally in the top three. Unless there's another character that we all forgot about that beat them all! ?

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone! ??

Well that's it, our Top 3 are now posted, and the result is certainly something new for this poll!

MPC18-1-5.jpg

It just goes to show how a single vote really could make all the difference...

You'll also find a list of characters not voted for at the bottom of the main index.

Happy Christmas everyone!

Thanks for all the hard work that went into putting the results together. I've enjoyed waiting for the results each night and will miss reading them.

I never expected Alf and Sally to share the top spot! I thought it would either be one at top spot but I wasn't sure which person. Did Alf get top innings just on alphabetical order?

Archived