Most Popular Character 2018

Dan F

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not Implying that people who run gyms aren't interesting but my word Robbo how you have fallen from your gangster hitman undercop days everything I liked the character for not so much the cop thing that was lame Nearly won me around with that with the Ebony stuff but then you kind of forgot you were playing her and now his Highlight is that he runs a gym haha 

Another three of my votes have made it this high- three of my all-time favourites, Matt, Chris, and Robbo- and I am so happy!?

I'm also happy to see Maggie and Dexter receive a lot of votes, as ever since this year with the cancer storyline, Maggie is my favourite Astoni and Dex was my favourite Walker. 

It's also good to see Casey with a high amount of votes as well. There were times when I couldn't stand him, but overall, he was probably the most decent of the Braxtons. 

Hunter though... I did believe that a lot of people would vote for him, though I definitely wasn't one of them. Anyone who would have seen my posts on him would know that I wasn't a big fan of his character, and most importantly, I hated the fact that he got away with all of his crimes without any repercussions whatsoever. To me, there was nothing redeemable about his character really. However, Scot Lee did a good job with the acting though. 

It's nice but surprising that Gypsy got as high as she did. 

21 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

1 Jasmine

2 Irene

3 Marilyn

4 Willow

5 Alf

6 Raffy

I think the missing 2 will be Jasmine and Willow, and its shame as I think Jasmine and Willow are more likeable then most of the younger female cast that have arrived in recent years.

Yep I agree, I voted for Raffy, Alf and Irene and they haven’t appeared and Marilyn would have a lot I assume.

19 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I know it wasn't the ideal time but I think she'd have coped. Link to the fic is here, although be warned, it's a big ensemble fic and part of a lengthy saga and the Aden/Nicole stuff is only a very small part of it (Aden doesn't even show up until Chapter 14).And if you're not a fan of Ruby, you may not like her role in it: I started the series long before she left, but to be fair I'd write her the same now, I think she'd got over that weird brake-cutting urge by the end.

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out. Don't worry, I don't really dislike Ruby or anything, I mostly just felt sorry for her.

As for today's update: I can't for the life of me understand why Robbo is so popular, but I guess a lot of people like him, and that's okay. You do you Robbo fans, don't let my scepticism stand in your way. Another character I voted for on this update, Shannon!  I'm so proud of her for getting a lot of votes, she deserves it.

But let's talk about the most important part of this update, after I've had a moment to fully process it; Selina flirted with Nick Tilsley? I had no idea he'd been on Home and Away, that's so crazy :o. Was that in one of the episodes filmed in the UK or did he attempt an australian accent? 

He was in the UK episode, he played a guy called Geoffrey.  The actor looks exactly the same, I don't think he seems to have aged over the years at all.  I've watched the second half of the episode and didn't notice Selina flirting with him (though I easily miss these things.)  It's years since I watched the first half of the episode so possibly she flirted with him in the first half of the episode.

Selina didn't flirt with him - the phrase RR1 used was "getting chatted up by Nick off Coronation Street in Ironbridge" ?

He was shyly keen and had bought himself and Selina some tickets to the Greek Islands for when she was better, but realised he'd missed his chance when Steven rocked up.

31 minutes ago, Therese K said:

...did he attempt an australian accent?

As chair has said it was the UK episode in 1998 - and like most Brits that appear in the show, he couldn't have sounded more spiffingly English if he tried ?

(I hasten to add he was purposely in Victorian costume at the museum at in this shot, it wasn't a case of H&A's wardrobe department being a bit behind the times when it comes to British fashion...)

MakM9d.jpg

The biggest surprise for me is Maggie.  I had no idea she was that popular.  I found her fairly arrogant and self loving when she first came to the bay but didn't mind her during the cancer storyline.  I guess it must have endeared a lot of people to her.

Robbo being there really is a turn up for the books for me and I'm actually quite pleased with that.  I did consider voting for him but he hasn't quite had a sufficient impact on me yet.

Absolutely delighted Hunter  has finished so high.:D  I remember when he first came to the show, I absolutely hated him.  But over time my attitude towards him changed and I still liked him a lot despite him reverting back to sociopath mode and stabbing Andy.  I did seriously think about voting for him but just couldn't because of how he ruined Christina's life which really bothered me.

I accept that Chris was a good person, was always popular and was going to finish high but personally I couldn't stand the guy and quite a few times throughout his duration on the show just wanted to punch him.

Can't believe John has finished so high.  Don't find anything remotely likeable about him.  I hate the way he thinks the sun shines out of his ar*e, belittles people and I especially haven't liked him during the Raffy storyline.  I find him insufferable and don't enjoy his scenes at all.  Unlike some of the other characters I've disliked, I can see why they have gotten votes, I just can't with John.

Archived