Most Popular Character 2018

Dan F

How has Sally been ‘tarnished forever’ because of Pippa’s illness? The writers didn’t ruin her imo.

Sally has been absence since her 2013 guest appearance but she’s hugely popular so I don’t know why there’s resentment for her topping the polls? She was the second longest original character and was a huge part of the show for 20 years. 

Alf is number one but it’s about time :) and I really enjoy his recent storylines. At least the writing for him is consistent and he hasn’t been ruined. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/12/2018 at 03:28, Red Ranger 1 said:

A quick shout-out to Matt for his work in compiling the results and of course to Dan for doing his usual excellent job of turning my ramblings into a professional-looking presentation!

I concur!

My favourite part of the BttB poll is always the little character summary for each ranking. They continue to be witty and truthful, with a faithful wink-nod towards the cliches that our show loves. I don't know how you do it each time and for it not to just be a re-hash of what was said two years ago!

Some highlights for me, include:

• Alf - has been haemorrhaging relatives lately
  • Billie - I know she told a nasty lie about Nate but that seemed pretty disproportionate…
  • Charlie - Another one of those formerly by-the-book cops, who somewhere along the line seemed to forget where the book was and how to read it even if she found it
  • Dean - Plus he’s clearly Colby’s true love.
  • Matilda - She also had a twin brother that she forgot about, but then everyone else forgot him too.
  • Geoff - going from a very straight-laced Christian boy with old-fashioned but strong morals to sleeping with girls and punching people like any other young male character. He did leave to become a missionary though, so that’s unusual.

?

• 3 weeks later...

Bit late to the Party. But good too see my current Fav Ziggy rank at 34. She is much maligned. But I Enjoy her spunk. And has really grown. Top ten. Good too see Matt Page come in at 15 too. Was my fav character before he left. The Hunter King Bio,  that was Red Ranger right? LOL

10. Raffy: Yip she is one of the strongest teenagers on the show

9. Good too see my all time Favorite Teenager from this show Aden Jeffeires still polling high. Was at his peak with Belle in the late 2000's. But still popular

8. Marilyn

7. Good Ol Brax

6. Pippa: Good to see the original Matriach of the show still polling high

5. Irene Roberts

4. Donald Fisher

3. Morag Bellingham

1. Sally Fletcher and Alf Stewart

Right list. 

Archived