Most Popular Character 2014

Dan F

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the updates Dan and RR1! I'm absolutely loving this poll and reminiscing on past and present characters on the show :)

In regards to the spots consisting of 21 to 29, there's a lot of good characters in that list that I like or have liked in the past apart from Ruby to be honest. I used to really like Ruby when she first appeared back in 2008 but after that she got gradually worse and worse as time went on and by the end of her stint she was unbearable to watch.

Great to see Matt, Robbie, Ailsa and Angie included in that list as well. All great characters in my opinion.

Now in regards to 11-20 it's great to see the likes of Aden, Belle, Mattie, Dexter and Vinnie all finish high up! All great characters and well-written during their stints. Gypsy was one of those divisive characters that you either loved or hated! I wasn't fond very fond of her but I understand why she would have a big following though.

I thought Heath would finish a little higher to be honest but he went from being just a thug to a family man so I thought his character development and progression was fantastic during his three years on the show. I like Ricky as she keeps Brax honest but her reliance on him is a slight weakness of hers though. Also nice to see Leah have a rise in the polls as well!

My prediction for the top 5 characters in order are:

1). Sally Fletcher

2). Darryl Braxton
3). Irene Roberts
4). Casey Braxton
5). Donald Fisher

Alf will finish 6th!

Thats the last of my votes gone ......but was good to see Gypsy rebound after her 2011 stint.

Otherwise, intriguing that Maddie didnt move from last time, good to see Ricky & Heath going so well and interesting that Charlie & Ruby are so close results/points wise!!!!!

From matters of deduction [i.e faves from previous polls etc], i can tell who is in the top 10 .......but the order, i'm sooooo not sure ....but i'll kinda give it a shot .....

I think Sally will win, with the others [not in order] being .......Fisher, Bobby, Alf, Brax, Casey, Pippa, Bobby, Maz and Irene

You put

bobby

twice, is one of those suppose to be

morag

?

I'm not even going to try guessing and I can only remember two that I actually voted for. What I will say is this...

- I'm a little disappointed that Heath wasn't the most popular Braxton, considering he has been the only one to have character development and come out a better man (apart from that horrible cameo by the grave <_<). Okay... so I am majorly disappointed.

- *sighs* It is nice to know Kit and Noah are still quite popular. Kit will always be my favourite female character, even though I was never keen on (in my opinion) her small character assassination in 2007.

- Ricky has been the only female character since Kit to catch my attention and keep it. I don't know why though.

Great to see my girl Ricky come in so high. I was hoping she might just sneak into the Top 10, but 11th is a great result. She got my votes because I love her as a character and I love her relationship with Brax. It is the most authentic on the show IMO and it feels so real that I often forget that it isn't. They are the perfect match in every way.

I love that Ricky can be both one of the boys and one of the girls. She feels equally at home surfing with the boys or chatting with the girls. But she is very much the maternal head of the household and the calm voice of reason in amongst the Braxton craziness.

I am really unhappy with where they took her character after Casey's death but overall I have loved watching her and she by far my favourite female character on the show.

I now have three of my favs in the top 10 - Brax, Casey and Don - and I'm feeling confident that they might all make the top 5.

My top 5 predictions:

1. Sally

2. Brax

3. Fisher

4. Casey

5. Irene

And onto the Top 10...

http://www.backtothebay.net/features/most-popular-character-2014.shtml

Interesting to see everyone's guesses at the Top 5 also! Obviously those of you keeping close tabs will now know who has made the Top 5, so no need to list them out, but I do think some surprises lie in store :wink:

Tomorrow, 4th and 5th place...

Archived