Most Popular Character 2014

Dan F

I was hoping that Casey might just sneak into the top 5 but it seems I underestimated Alf's popularity.

I'm so pleased that Casey performed so well. No doubt his tragic death played a part but I'm glad to see him get the recognition I believe he deserves. For most of his stint on the show he was living in Brax's vast shadow but he was a special character in his own right and a valued member of the community. Casey often bridged the gap between his family and the rest of the town. He was loved by many. And I think Lincoln was one of the best actors on the show and he brought so much to this character. But it was his relationship with Brax which made his character for me. I completely fell in love with their brotherly bond and the connection they shared both on and off screen was special. Brax is my number 1 but I doubt I would have loved him half as much if it hadn't been for Casey. Casey's death has left a irreplaceable hole in the show for me.

Can't wait for the next update. I think we will see Irene or Alf or Don come in next. I would be shocked if Sally and Brax aren't in the top 3. I think Sally has the top position in the bag.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No surprises in the latest update and 3 of my votes are in there (Morag, Bobby and Marilyn) Bobby is before my time but I voted for her because I've been watching the early years eps and she is one of my faves from that time, I have enjoyed seeing her development over the years from being the original teen tearaway to loving wife and mother.

Morag is another firm favourite of mine, even before I had seen the 1989 episodes so I definitely had to vote for her. Great to see her in 6th. I always enjoyed when Morag turned up. Hope to see her back again soon as I believe its been 2 years since her last appearance?

Glad Marilyn is so high, the unit of Marilyn/John/Jett is one of the best things about the show. Where did she come in the polls before she returned?

Great to see Pippa in the top 10, I grew up watching Debra's Pippa so she is my favourite, but I've seen Vanessa's Pippa recently and I liked the Tom/Pippa eps from the early years. Hope to see Pippa back again one day.

Thought Casey might finish in the top 5 but 9th is still a very good finish, like with Bobby I enjoyed his development and transformation over the years and it was sad when he was killed off.

Well all my favourites are there so that's something at least.

Can't believe Matt has finished so high (Personally I can't stand the guy). Ruby too.

Good to see Charlie still has some supporters.

I was expecting Casey to finish in the top five. Looking forward to seeing who they are although I'm sure I can guess at least four of them.

Thanks for the updates!!!

Happy that Aden (and probably Belle and Mathilda) reached top 15. But none of my favourites are in top 10, so I really wish they were.

Leah was better a few years back, I don't think she has been quite herself since 2011. But I really loved her from 2002-2009.

Still a mystery to me that Heath is still the least popular of the three original Braxton brothers. He has been the only Braxton character I have liked to watch.

Dexter still that high... I never found him interesting, and his relationship with April dragged him down.

Gypsy Nash that high.. Maybe people have now forgotten about her nonsense comeback in 2010. I thought originally that she was an ok character but nothing more, I used to like Will much more.

Ricky at place 11.. I guess she is still popular. But for me she is not the great character I thought she would become.. She had a good start in 2013, but I think that the strong woman we saw last year has disappeared. She became Brax dog when she went back to him after his prison stint. And that has destroyed her for me.

The top 10-6 reflects what I think is wrong about H&A fans and the vibe around H&A... It is a fight between the early years fans (H&A up to 1993) and the fans of the Braxtons.. and all the other great characters and great H&A history through 28 years are fading into the background.

I don't quite like Marilyn, she is really dragging John and Jett down for me... like she did with Fischer! Would have liked to see some other characters in top 10...

But she can have her good moments, but I don't like the writing of either her, John and several other older characters (esp. Roo).

I have recently seen some episodes from the early years and I don't think Bobby is great at all... But she reminds me about what I thought about what I thought about the characters in the early twenties some years ago.. They were really portrayed like much older people, and Bobby is like a 35-40 year old. And now the characters in 20-30's (except Leah) are portrayed like teens.... That's quite weird!!

Casey is (he is still on here In Norway) a crappy character.

But really happy to see that Morag is in top 10. She was an awesome character in the 00's. I didn't like her in the nineties, though. But she was so great until she left in 2008, and in my opinion H&A is lacking that kind of a woman. I voted for Morag in 2012 and 2010. But I understood that she was going to collect some votes, so I voted for other favourites instead this time. But I still love her a lot. A great character, and she is played really well!!

Pippa was ok, but not great for me. She was probably too weak. I like female characters with more edge.

Quite interesting list, I guess it reflects what people thinks about the show. But for me a lot of great characters are longer down on the list, around 30-90...

Well, as promised, today we reveal who came in 4th and 5th place!

Though I didn't say they'd be revealed at the same time.... :wink:

So now we reveal who came in 5th, and to create a bit of tension, we'll reveal who came 4th in about 12 hours time. :P

http://www.backtothebay.net/features/most-popular-character-2014.shtml

DAN!!!!

But still this is a shock...

I think jodlebirger is right about a divide between the early years gang and the current era. Brax and his family does seem to sum it up! I doubt since the Sutherlands arrived in 2000 have we seen such consistent focus on such a group of family members. I'm still unsure about Brax as a character. Yes he is well acted but his storylines are inconsistent especially after Casey's death which didn't work for me. But it could be worse I suppose. He could be a Barrett (unless Andy and Josh are first and second of course)

But the fan base Brax has made me think that he could win or come in the top 3. Not anymore!!

Only 11 hours 52 minutes until the next update!!!

I guess, the fans of the early years won the battle.

It is a shock to me that Brax is only at fifth place, though. I thought I saw many people voting for him, and I thought he was going to win or be in 2nd place.

I don't like Brax and I don't think he is that well played either, as I have said before I think he is played too hard and it doesn't always fit with the "hero" Brax we are supposed to see.

I think it is 4 early years and long stay characters on the top.

My guess is the same as JamesC10's.

Thanks for the update Dan F. !! :)

Archived