Most Popular Character 2014

Dan F

I think Brax is about right at 5. I'm a Brax fan but for me popularity has a component of longevity about it and Brax hasn't been around all that long. The most popular characters tend to be "stayers".

I do agree with jodieberger that there is a now a divide in the audience and an even stronger divide among the members of this Board who I'm not sure reflect the feelings of the audience in general.

That is partly down to the very intense negative campaign waged by some members of this Board against the Braxton family, the writers, script executives and producers of the show. I think that has tended to produce a reaction among supporters of the current show, the Braxtons and by association the writers etc.This reaction has been stronger than it would normally have been to counter the strength and persistence of the negative campaign.

The showing of the Early Years episodes at the same time as the current show has also helped with this.

Nobody is showing "The Middle Years".!!

The result of this has been a polarization of opinion at both ends of the scale leading to a neglect of some excellent characters in the middle. I know I loved Gypsy and Will, Rick, Belle and Aden, but I don't think I voted for them. I'll have to look back and check.

Note: Before anyone tells me, I know people are entitled to their opinions!!!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pippa was one of mine, so I've got two left in the top 5!

Looking back to the 2008 poll, Marilyn came in at No.58.

Wow quite an impressive rise for Marilyn then, i'm guessing in 2008 she'd largely been forgotten about. I thought she was on her 3rd stint as a regular? 1989-92; 1995-99; 2010-Present, though do correct me if i'm wrong. Two of mine in the top 5 too.

Wow quite an impressive rise for Marilyn then, i'm guessing in 2008 she'd largely been forgotten about. I thought she was on her 3rd stint as a regular? 1989-92; 1995-99; 2010-Present, though do correct me if i'm wrong. Two of mine in the top 5 too.

Marilyn left for a while in 1989 before returning at the end of the year. She wasn't reinstated in the opening credits as a regular until May 1990.

Marilyn left for a while in 1989 before returning at the end of the year. She wasn't reinstated in the opening credits as a regular until May 1990.

Ah thanks for explaining that one Dan. Looking forward to the top 4 being revealed

Thanks for the update Dan :)

I actually expected Brax to finish slightly higher but finishing at number 5 is appropriate and reflective of the popularity and dislike of the character. Brax has polarised viewers in ways I couldn't imagine were possible when he first appeared in early 2011. I'm a fan of Brax because I think there's many layers and complexities to him but I agree that lately his character has been going around in circles and grown a little stale especially with Heath and Casey no longer around.

The divide between early and new viewers seems somewhat over the top. I consider myself an older viewer of the show but I also like what the Braxtons have brought to the show and I understand that the day will come that they will no longer be around and other characters will eventually become the forefront of the show.

Looking forward to number 4 now!

Thanks for the update Dan :)

I actually expected Brax to finish slightly higher but finishing at number 5 is appropriate and reflective of the popularity and dislike of the character. Brax has polarised viewers in ways I couldn't imagine were possible when he first appeared in early 2011. I'm a fan of Brax because I think there's many layers and complexities to him but I agree that lately his character has been going around in circles and grown a little stale especially with Heath and Casey no longer around.

The divide between early and new viewers seems somewhat over the top. I consider myself an older viewer of the show but I also like what the Braxtons have brought to the show and I understand that the day will come that they will no longer be around and other characters will eventually become the forefront of the show.

Looking forward to number 4 now!

I don't think the divide between parts of the audience is about age or length of time watching the show. I'm certainly no new teenage viewer!!

I was surprised that Brax was not 1st or 2nd (but not unhappy that he did not make the top 3). Brax has always been my least favourite Braxton - I had hoped either Heath or Kyle would perform better than him, as I have felt both characters have had more character progression since arriving on the show. But I think that people are always going to have polarised views about the Braxtons - either they are the best family in the show or their introduction was the start of H&A's decline. In the same people, some people are always going to have the early years of H&A on a slight pedestal - I know I did vote for some of the iconic characters, and may have neglected some other characters that I also loved from the early 2000s as a result.

Archived