Most Popular Character 2014

Dan F

I was thinking the same thing with Colleen and Scruffy the dog. Re Melissa George, has she been slating the show again??

How can an iconic character like Ailsa, an original who was in it for 12 years get the same points as someone who's been in the show for 6 months. I feel like I should have voted for her now. Nice that Nancy Hayes got credited on the write up but Louise Crawford was left out of Selina's.

Hard to believe we have had Alf longer without Ailsa than with. Though he's not really Alf anymore.

And I agree, Fyn3. Melissa's acting was shocking to start with. But you can already see an improvement in the 7two run. You can really see her journey as an a trees throughout her time, which is why her attitude about the show stinks.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, the first guesses as to the missing six.I'd like to point out at this point that Sophie is a recurring guest character, not a main character, so whether she got votes or not, she's not one of the six.

If that's the case, then it's definitely the following:

Hannah

Evie

Andy

Nate

Josh

Spencer (unless he makes a very, very surprising appearance in the top 20)

Hello to those waiting in here :P

And so we hit the Top 20 at last! Today we've all those who reached places 11-20, receiving between 20-35 points.

With the exception of three characters at joint 17th, from now on all the characters have different scores and individual places.

http://www.backtothebay.net/features/most-popular-character-2014-11.shtml

Anyone willing to make any bets on the Top 5 yet, and in a specific order? If so put them in a spoiler tag, before we reveal 6-10 tomorrow, and we'll see who came nearest when the poll's over.

I am going to take a shot at it!

1- Sally

2- Irene
3- Bobby!!!
4- Brax
5- Alf!

Not a hugely surprising update

Charlie was always going to drop down but seeing how popular her and Brax were I am not too surprised to see her in this update (still a better police officer than Jack or Angelo)

Despite how much success Ryan has had over the years Vinnie still remains hugely popular with many fans! He has always had a great consistent score in these polls. Same with Gypsy and Matilda.

Aden and Belle's Love story is still fresh in the memory and I think that won a lot of votes as well (which once again says a lot about the stories in 2014!)

Dex may have fallen but I think he will be in the polls permanently now like Vinnie and Gypsy. Another unique character that tells us a lot about the show at the moment when he can do better than 6 regulars!!

Leah has finally left the diner and nearly made the top ten for once. I believe this is her best performance but I am hoping her 'new' son doesn't drag her down again by 2016 (could Leah become the new pippa? Lets be honest. Roo definitely isn't and leah has two dead husbands and a son which was rapidly aged just like Pippa!!!!)

Heath had such a huge character growth since 2012 that I'm slightly surprised he was not in the top 10. By far out of all the regulars (in my opinion) he had the best 2014 (character wise not in personal life sense) and finally won a lot of fans. Then left!

Ricky had had a good 2014 as well. She has finally won Brax and they work well together as a couple which is great to see ( I think only John and Maz are a better couple in the show!!) I hope Ricky and Brax are allowed to have there Baby and have a quieter 2015...

Tomorrow - 6-10. Can't wait!!!

Archived