Most Popular Character 2014

Dan F

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since my dad asked me what was wrong when I shouted my response it says a lot about it!!

Morag has always been a fan favourite since her early days on the show to her last appearance at Roo's wedding (Her and celia should get a spin off show!!). She is about to reappear on 7two early next year but make the most of it because it will be for a LONG time before she next appears!!! I am slightly surprised she is above Bobby though!

I do wonder about Maz and which direction her votes came in! Since Maz hasn't been on 7two for a while it has made me think quite a bit about where they have taken her on the recent show. And I believe they have taken her in the right direction now. The John Jett and Maz trio works really well and I hope it continues for a while!!

Casey is the only one in this update who is unlikely to ever be on 7two (ask me again in 25 years). Most characters death do leave them as immoral characters who are beloved by many people! (maybe too much! Yes I am looking at you Sophie (1992). I still think the Barrett story was awful though!!

Pippa may have been helped by a great but very sad story on 7two recently with baby Dale's death and I believe Debra has overtaken how many episodes Vanessa did as Pippa by now!! If the 7two run continues I think Pippa may remain a top 20 characters remember we have 1994 and 1996 to come with more brilliant acting moments from Debra!)

But I now think Bobby has reached her peak in these polls. Her stint on 7two is very nearly over she has less than 20 episodes to go until she goes into a coma and then about another week after that before she dies! Its a pity but it was sadly coming and I suppose we all knew that!!

only 23 hours to go before the next update!! Can't wait!!!!

Since my dad asked me what was wrong when I shouted my response it says a lot about it!!

Morag has always been a fan favourite since her early days on the show to her last appearance at Roo's wedding (Her and celia should get a spin off show!!). She is about to reappear on 7two early next year but make the most of it because it will be for a LONG time before she next appears!!! I am slightly surprised she is above Bobby though!

I do wonder about Maz and which direction her votes came in! Since Maz hasn't been on 7two for a while it has made me think quite a bit about where they have taken her on the recent show. And I believe they have taken her in the right direction now. The John Jett and Maz trio works really well and I hope it continues for a while!!

Casey is the only one in this update who is unlikely to ever be on 7two (ask me again in 25 years). Most characters death do leave them as immoral characters who are beloved by many people! (maybe too much! Yes I am looking at you Sophie (1992). I still think the Barrett story was awful though!!

Pippa may have been helped by a great but very sad story on 7two recently with baby Dale's death and I believe Debra has overtaken how many episodes Vanessa did as Pippa by now!! If the 7two run continues I think Pippa may remain a top 2 characters remember we have 1994 and 1996 to come with more brilliant acting moments from Debra!)

But I now think Bobby has reached her peak in these polls. Her stint on 7two is very nearly over she has less than 20 episodes to go until she goes into a coma and then about another week after that before she dies! Its a pity but it was sadly coming and I suppose we all knew that!!

only 23 hours to go before the next update!! Can't wait!!!!

With Bobby and Pippa it was a very close call, just one more vote from an early years fan could have had them both overtake Casey, knocking him down to 10th which would have been surprising.

I do agree Bobby will have reached her peak though (certainly not a bad one), but of course had we run the vote only a couple of months later it could well have been a different story!

So characters that didn't make it from 1993 are Greg, Nick, Luke and Roxy. Not surprising, but there does seem to be a lack of votes for all characters around that age group. Grant, Ben, Travis, Rob, Donna, Lucinda, Jude, Charlotte, Lachie, James, Stacey, Kelly, Alex.

The only Sutherland to be left out is poor Shelly. And typically, none from a whole generation of teenagers. Aaron, Justine, Tiegan, Liam, Stephanie, Casey and Joey. Will that ever change if they get re run. And strange to see Curtis left out of the mid 90s gang. Bet he'll be in the next one though. I guess Emma and Viv, Floss and Neville have long been forgotten. Why did Matilda and Belle get so many votes when Cassie didn't get any!

There were so many great characters that have been left out all together. Dodge, diana Fraser, Alison Patterson, Saul, Martin Dibble- doesn't seem right to have Lance there without him. I might vote for Diana next time. Though her 2005 stint was a lot more one dimensional and a little too nasty.

Also, did no one vote for Carly! That's crazy.

There are characters that I voted for because I loved them. Such as Morag, Celia and Donald. But I feel that recent stints in the show spoiled then slightly. I might take that into consideration when I vote next time.

Thanks for the latest update Dan :)

All characters between 6 to 10 are superb characters and have been judged accordingly by this forum!

Morag is a classic character and it's a shame that we haven't seen her since very early 2013! I really loved how her character was rejuvenated and softened up in the 2000s but she didn't lose that hard edge that her made prominent in 1988, 1989 and 1993 as well.

Marilyn's a great and well-liked character because of her bubbly and quirky personality! She hasn't lost that entirely but has definitely become more mellowed as she's got older in my opinion.

Casey was a great character for mine as well and his ending was extremely sad but will probably endear him to his supporters for years to come. I'll be interested to see where he will sit in these polls in the next few years.

Bobby epitomises the greatness of the Early Years! A truly superb character who was a troubled person at the start of the show and turned into a respectable and mature woman throughout her time on the show. Her death is still widely remembered after more than 20 years now.

Pippa's a part of the original family unit that pretty much created the show in some aspect. I always preferred Vanessa Downing over Debra Lawrence but Debra did a good job portraying Pippa as well and I can't ever see Vanessa returning to the role as Debra is too well-known in the role now.

Looking forward to seeing the top 5 unveiled soon!

Archived