Most Popular Character 2014

Dan F

I'm very surprised to see Matty so high up.She didn't really do anything of note and left years ago.It's also fairly surprising to see Leah, Aden and Belle so far up.I know Aden and Belle were popular but I didn't think they'd do quite so well a few years on.On that note though, can anyone tell me if we've seen Jack?I don't remember.I know we've just seen Martha and she and Jack were very popular during their time.

Like you said, I think the fact that Leah was able to work at the school seemingly after 5 minutes of training and therefore get out of the kitchen contributed to her high score.

Charlie's popularity isn't surprising.She had a popular relationship with a popular currant character.

I was a Heath fan even though I didn't like his relationship with Bianca.I thought it was utterly ridiculous that she'd marry a man who slept with her sister and supplied her husband with drugs.I'm still glad he scored so highly though.He had the best character development of all of them.

I love Gypsy and I'm pretty sure I've voted for her in the past though she missed out this time.I only really have two spots available seeing I always vote the same for my top 3.The girl had attitude though so I think she'll continue to be a fave of mine.I'm glad she scored so highly.

I think Dex and Vinnie are very similar characters who will continue to do well for years to come.Vinnie's always been a fan favourite.He bought comedy to the show, as did Dex in a time when it really needed it.

My last vote went to Ricky so I'm done and dusted.She actually has a personality compared to most of the girls currently in the show.I like that she stands up to Brax though I don't think it's a spoiler to say I've found her slightly frustrating in the current australian episodes.She still continues to be one of the few current characters I actually care about, along with Oscar, Nate, Ash, Kyle, and Matt.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its got to Brax at number one. I'm quite positive. He'll be knocking Sally off her throne! After all some of us have nicknamed him King Brax

Thanks.He was never a favourite of mine but that's a pretty huge slip.People I didn't think were as popular during their time and have been gone much longer are doing better.

Oh Jack Holden. TBH I don't miss him at all. He was never a favourite.

2 of my 5 have appeared so far:

1. Aden Jefferies - 13

5. Erica 'Ricky' Sharpe - 11

Yay! 2 top 15s!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest to show up in top 5.

Thanks Dan, RR1 and anyone else involved in the poll. I am finding the character blurbs hilarious and spot on in most cases!

I don't think Sally will win this year. She has been number one in the polls for many years but I think Brax will win this poll. I hope Sally makes it to the top 5 at least. She's very popular in general as she's an iconic character and had been on the show for 20 years.

Great results Dan. Really surprised about Matt faring quite high. Bit disappointed Ailsa didn't get much votes but I know she was really popular in the old days.

That’s the last of my votes gone ......but was good to see Gypsy rebound after her 2011 stint.

Otherwise, intriguing that Maddie didn’t move from last time, good to see Ricky & Heath going so well and interesting that Charlie & Ruby are so close results/points wise!!!!!

From matters of deduction [i.e faves from previous polls etc], i can tell who is in the top 10 .......but the order, i'm sooooo not sure ....but i'll kinda give it a shot .....

I think Sally will win, with the others [not in order] being .......Fisher, Bobby, Alf, Brax, Casey, Pippa, Morag, Maz and Irene

I've got three in the Top 10! I think people are on the right track as to who the Top 10 are and who the missing six are (especially now we know Ricky placed), but the Top 5 might surprise people...

I guess time will tell whether Dexter maintains his high place, he might end up down where Robbie is in a few polls time.Or he might be one of those like Vinnie, Gypsy and Matilda who maintains a strong following years later.Who'd have predicted Nicole falling so rapidly and April, Angelo and others disappearing altogether?

Archived