Most Popular Character 2014

Dan F

(As for Maddy, hey, my vote's as good as anyone's.But since it's been brought up, Chris and Denny also only got one point, as did current recurring guest Cheryl, and without trawling through the results to find out how many votes they got, there's five other current main characters and one current guest on two to five points.)

It would be interesting, but i imagine a statistical nightmare, to see how many people voted for each charecter ........[like, at least 22 people, of the 91 who voted, must have done so for Sally .......and l know that i was the only person to vote for Rosie and Lynn] ........

......and to see how that list varies from the one so wonderfully published etc by Dan and RR1 !!!!!!!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks to Dan for organising the poll and RR1 for his comments which made me laugh a lot!

My votes came 2nd, 3rd and 4th so not bad. Disappointed to see Miles down at 40 but he was not served well by the writers towards the end, especially after he had promised Roman he would look after Nicole and then had hardly any scenes with her during the Penn Graham/baby saga.

Merry Christmas to all reading this and I hope that 2015 brings you everything you wish for yourselves.

What would be interesting is to see a Poll Of Polls, adding up all the points over the past decade. Sally would walk it but I think you'd see an interesting Top Ten.

I've done an excel spreadsheet just now combining all the points of each poll into each character. Here's the top 10 but I do have the full scores as well if people want me to upload the full scores later on or ask me about individual characters specifically:

1). Sally Fletcher = 1156 Points

2). Irene Roberts = 981 Points

3). Morag Bellingham = 514 Points

4). Alf Stewart = 454 Points

5). Martha McKenzie = 436 Points

6). Jack Holden = 418 Points

7). Kit Hunter = 414 Points

8). Matilda Hunter = 385 Points

9). Belle Taylor = 363 Points

10). Vinnie Patterson = 360 Points

One thing to take into account is that 2006 had more voters hence higher scores from the likes of Jack and Martha for example.

Yes I did think about a feature showing the combined scores of the past 10 years (though I guess there's no need now), but it wouldn't really work because of the reason stated above. We had over 250 voters in 2008, and nearly the same amount for 2006, whereas in recent years we've only had around the 100 votes mark, so it unfairly skews the score.

We will be uploading the complete results table for the 2014 poll at some point by the way - just a bit of a gremlin in our publishing software which is preventing me doing so at the moment

No Rachel is the biggest surprise to me. She was hugely popular once upon a time (around the time she was with Kim), but pairing her up with Tony "the storyline vacuum" Holden just killed her.

In Tony's defence, he wasn't a bad character, just dogged by bad luck and pushed aside for his nephew's criminal activity plots.

Just seen the final results of this, not surprised Sally has topped the poll again. Sally was H&A and 6 years after she left is still much missed. Good to see Alf and Donald so high, Donald was one of my choices and the only male character i voted for.

What would be interesting is to see a Poll Of Polls, adding up all the points over the past decade. Sally would walk it but I think you'd see an interesting Top Ten.

I've done an excel spreadsheet just now combining all the points of each poll into each character. Here's the top 10 but I do have the full scores as well if people want me to upload the full scores later on or ask me about individual characters specifically:

1). Sally Fletcher = 1156 Points

2). Irene Roberts = 981 Points

3). Morag Bellingham = 514 Points

4). Alf Stewart = 454 Points

5). Martha McKenzie = 436 Points

6). Jack Holden = 418 Points

7). Kit Hunter = 414 Points

8). Matilda Hunter = 385 Points

9). Belle Taylor = 363 Points

10). Vinnie Patterson = 360 Points

One thing to take into account is that 2006 had more voters hence higher scores from the likes of Jack and Martha for example.

This is interesting Jezz, thank you. Great to see Morag 3rd with the results from each poll added up.

Here are the full results of the Poll of Polls for anyone interested. One thing to note is that 195 characters have been voted by posters in at least one of the polls in the past ten years since they started back in 2004.

1). Sally Fletcher 1156

2). Irene Roberts 981

3). Morag Bellingham 514

4). Alf Stewart 454

5). Martha McKenzie 436

6). Jack Holden 418

7). Kit Hunter 414

8). Matilda Hunter 385

9). Belle Taylor 363

10). Vinnie Patterson 360

11). Kane Phillips and Noah Lawson 311

12). Gypsy Nash 300

13). Kirsty Sutherland 297

14). Angie Russell 286

15). Ric Dalby 261

16). Donald Fisher 227

17). Pippa Fletcher/Ross 218

18). Aden Jefferies 206

19). Robbie Hunter 202

20). Peter Baker 199

21). Bobby Simpson 179

22). Marilyn Chambers 173

23). Tasha Andrews 170

24). Hayley Smith/Lawson and Leah Patterson 164

25). Shannon Reed 163

26). Charlie Buckton 145

27). Colleen Smart 142

28). Amanda Vale, Darryl Braxton and Selina Cook/Roberts 136

29). Flynn Saunders 129

30). Lucas Holden 128

31). Barry Hyde and Rachel Armstrong 126

32). Ailsa Stewart 121

33). Angel Brooks and Dexter Walker 112

34). Dani Sutherland 107

35). Josie Russell 98

36). Eve Jacobsen and Ruby Buckton 96

37). Casey Braxton 86

38). Kim Hyde 83

39). Beth Hunter and Chloe Richards 80

40). Nicole Franklin 78

41). Tony Holden 74

42). Sophie Simpson 73

43). Cassie Turner 67

44). Miles Copeland and Will Smith 66

45). Shane Parrish 58

46). Geoff Campbell 55

47). Nick Smith 53

48). Roman Harris 50

49). Sam Tolhurst 48

50). Jade Sutherland 47

51). Dan Baker and Drew Curtis 45

52). Paris Burnett 44

53). Sarah Lewis 43

54). Heath Braxton, Jesse McGregor and Joey Collins 41

55). Edward Dunglass 39

56). Jazz Curtis 37

57). Ricky Sharpe 35

58). Celia Stewart 34

59). Bianca Scott and Max Sutherland 33

60). Rocco Cooper 32

61). Peta Janossi and Sasha Bezmel 31

62). Rebecca Fisher 29

63). Johnny Cooper 28

64). Angelo Rosetta 24

65). Steven Matheson 23

66). John Palmer 22

67). Jules Munroe 21

68). Brad Armstrong and Tamsyn Armstrong 20

69). April Scott, Pippa Saunders and Scott Hunter 19

70). Adam Cameron, Blake Dean and Kyle Braxton 18

71). Jude Lawson, Lance Smart, Romeo Smith, Shauna Bradley and Xavier Austin 17

72). Michael Ross, Sid Walker and Matt Page 16

73). Annie Campbell, Harry Reynolds, Jonah (Michael) Abrahams, Liam Murphy and Tug O'Neale 15

74). Meg Bowman and Roo Stewart 14

75). Hugh Sullivan, Lynn Davenport and Shelley Sutherland 12

76). Carly Lucini, Duncan Stewart, Gina Austin, Jack Wilson, Joey Rainbow, Sam Marshall and Travis Nash 11

77). Hugo Austin and Lily Nelson 10

78). Brian "Dodge" Forbes, Corey Henderson, Frank Morgan, Justine Welles and Melody Jones 9

79). Charlie McKinnon, Georgina Watson, Indigo Walker, Seb Miller and Tamara Kingsley 8

80). Josh West, Tom Fletcher and Jett James 7

81). Damian Roberts, Eduardo Bearo, Finlay Roberts, Floss McPhee, Tiegan Brook and VJ Patterson 6

82). Alex Bennett, Freya Duric, Kelly Watson, Lachlan Fraser, Lara Fitzgerald, Nathan Roberts and Robert Robinson 5

83). "Rabbit", Curtis Reed, Darcy Callahan, Henry Hunter, Karen Dean and Oliver Phillips 4

84). Charlotte Adams, James Fraser, June Reynolds, Martin Dibble, Robert Perez, Tracy Thompson, Rosie Prichard and Sarah Thompson 3

85). Alex Poulos , Ben Lucini, Dom Moran, Dylan Russell, Jai Fernandez, Lisa Duffy, Narelle Smart, Ryan Barker, Scruffy the Dog, Harley Braxton, Oscar MacGuire, Phoebe Nicholson and Zac MacGuire 2

86). Brendan Austin, Cam Reynolds, Dean Silverman, Felix Walters, Haydn Ross, Joel Nash, Judith Ackroyd, Julie Cooper, Luke Cunningham, Matt Wilson, Matthew Lyons, Milco, Mitch McColl, Nico Pappas, Ryan Lee, Saul Bennett, Scott Phillips, Viv "Guv" Standish, Viv Newton, Cheryl Braxton, Chris Harrington, Denny Miller, Elijah Johnson, Maddy Osborne, Peta Bradley and Rhys Sutherland 1

As it's been pointed out characters who have been on the show for longer than present characters are obviously going to poll higher and the 2006 poll resulted in very high scores due to a higher influx of voters.

Archived