1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Even though they could probably lift right out of the show and I wouldn't really notice, I do enjoy Luke and Roxy's onscreen badinage. They are very likeable characters, even if not very significant in the overall history of the show.

Loved Ailsa pretending the bikini was hers and telling Alf she paid $130 for it. Very funny and good to see Ailsa having a laugh for a change.

I know it's done for the sake of contrast, but really, couldn't Sarah find a happy medium between shirts buttoned up to the neck and skimpy tops that make her uncomfortable? I'm sure there's plenty of stylish clothes she could wear that don't show so much skin, but then I guess the story wouldn't work if the characters realised this!

I always wondered why Damian and Sarah didn't get together in the old days and I'm wondering the same again now. They are both smart, kinda dorky but in a nice way, and they get along well. I guess they are in the "friends zone" but the writers could have made them a couple if they wanted to.

I agreed with Michael - Kevin didn't do anything wrong. There is a demand for that kind of cheap tat and Kevin supplied it for a fair price so he shouldn't feel bad. But I like that he's decided to go down the more meaningful route and study indigenous art. However, I did not agree with him ruining Shane's paintings. Shane can do what he wants, whether Kevin feels it's moral or immoral is up to him, but he shouldn't push those morals onto others. Shame to see the back of him though, he was fairly likeable.

I wish morag could have fostered duncan and alf and ailsa could have taken sam. just so duncan left before he grew up into that evil child. In fact Morag has paid more attention to sam than her own real nephew. We have not seen them together at all.

It was funny with Irene. Poor woman. But good to see her still going well.

It looks like Morag's scheme is working but Pippa is finally seeing the light. Looking forward to seeing how this is played out.

Luke and Roxy are growing on me. I really like their friendship and when they are with Nick its even better. Luke and Roxy make better friends than a couple.

Poor Sam, being bounced to one adult to another. No one wants him. :P

Having now watched all her (good) episodes (like until Home And Away "jumped the shark" or whatever the term is called) I can now already see early signs I'm not going to like her, long before I actually did in the original run. Her habit of calling little sally "toots" is getting very annoying.

Finally made it up to 1340.That was a very weird and abrupt departure for Kevin as he goes off to learn native art from...someone.Given how hard Roxy and Sarah campaigned to get him to go back to school, it was a bit odd that Roxy basically said "Good on you" while Sarah didn't even bother to turn up to say goodbye.

And Irene's back and is still there 20-odd years on.Fin might have jumped to conclusions about her but the fact that she wanted to help her shows progress and that she's basically kind-hearted, not so long ago she'd have just left her to it.And yes, these episodes were broadcast in October 1993 and Fin really has been back at school the best part of a year.It probably doesn't seem as long because a)we hardly saw her there and b)we hardly saw her but if you realise that was when Sarah started school, it's been a while.

Michael telling Tug about Luke subsidising him five minutes after Luke told him to keep it quiet felt a bit off and just seems to have caused trouble.

I never really understood why Damian and Sarah never happened, they seemed to be a step away from being a couple the whole time.I'm not even sure Sarah likes bad boys, more that she's too trusting and doesn't believe they are bad boys.I guess Damian's pigeonholed as the one forever overlooked and Sarah as the one constantly getting her heart trampled on.Fin and Nick would just be weird though, not least because in two years they've barely said a word to each other.And as for the weird tangent hating on a character who won't appear until 1996

I never really saw Barry as older than Fin; regardless of the actors' ages, they were written as though they were about the same age and, as we saw when Channel 5 showed those episodes, Fin looked a lot older by the time of her last appearance.If you think about it, Bobby would have been about the same age when she got together with Greg, who would have to be a good few years older to be Sam's father, but no-one ever thinks of his as her older boyfriend.

Morag is seriously starting to show her true colours and is being so two-faced that it's one of those occasions where she'd be exposed in minutes if people just talked to each other.

Archived