1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Poor Don. He's clearly not coping but maybe having Sam around will help.

And Tug being stubborn Tug but Roxy and Luke were being selfish and only thinking about themselves. I mean its Tug's home and they didn't even want him there at first. That really annoyed me. Really can't stand Roxy and Luke now.

Loving the war between Morag and Ailsa. :P

Regarding the war between Alsa and Morag. I know now that I have seen the Early Years that they used to be friends, now am I sure were they still friends when Danny ran her out of the Bay, was Alsa still feeling "pity" for her as a family member (being married to Alf)?

I still can't understand what the big deal is if she were to get custody of Sam.

Caught up to 1320.

Tug, no sooner than rejoining Year 11, is acting like a complete prat. The Saltwater thing is something I remember instantly from the first go-around. I love how in the freeze frame Luke didn't look too convinced.

Really felt sorry for Don but almost retracted it when he was lashing out to reinforce dominance.

Am I wrong for joining "Team Adam". (granted he KILLED someone but it was a accident and no-one will be able to beat him up harder than he's doing to himself? Greg's the widower, yet he's not coming off very sympathetic to me. Good on Pip for finally coming around.

Also, the Stick stunt and the impact was another memory jogger. If Greg was any kind of parent, he wouldn't have let Sam get away with that.

Was kind of irked that Kevin was getting those racist taunts but people were still kind of ignorant in the 90s (still no excuse).

T-shirt business is the only weak spot (BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING), just to a cheap plot device to facilitate a potential Shane/Angel/Damian triangle and Sally is back to being a spare part.

I like how Morag is using reverse psychology against Don and Ailsa.

Regarding the war between Alsa and Morag. I know now that I have seen the Early Years that they used to be friends, now am I sure were they still friends when Danny ran her out of the Bay, was Alsa still feeling "pity" for her as a family member (being married to Alf)?

I still can't understand what the big deal is if she were to get custody of Sam.

I think their friendship had been soured a bit by the time Morag left, the whole thing with Danny seemed to lose Morag a lot of sympathy, but Ailsa wasn't as hostile towards her then as she is now.I seem to remember Morag trying to tearfully justify herself to Ailsa shortly before she left and Ailsa was nodding politely while still not quite buying it.I dunno, maybe losing Bobby has left Ailsa spoiling for a fight, especially if it's on Bobby's behalf?

As for Morag getting custody of Sam being a big deal...well, the way she treated Bobby, the way she treated Roo, the mess she'll make of Duncan and the fact she pretty much emotionally abuses Sam by trying to scare him into going away with her without a fuss are pretty big strikes against her.

You're right they were friends for a while in 1989, but after Morag humiliated Danny and Bobby during a dinner party, she finally lost the respect of everyone in the Bay once and for all. Even Celia told her she was out of chances, as did Donald. Morag went to Ailsa for help saying that Ailsa was the only friend she had left, but Ailsa told her to get out and they were no longer friends. They parted on very bad terms.

It's also important to note that even though they were "friends" for a short time, Ailsa was never blind to Morag's evil ways. She just put up with them because Morag helped Ailsa through her post-natal depression, and so Ailsa gave her friendship for a while in return.

I loved Shane laughing at "Morag Bellingham - what kind of name is that?" :D And also wrongly assuming she was Donald's wife, this ties in with a few weeks ago when he mentioned to Angel that he doesn't know the name of the woman Donald married. Good continuity.

Caught right up to 1325 as of This morning.

The Lighthouse stuff was a good representation of how well the early years did teen dares. Kind of sad for Sam but relieved Greg is finally gone.

Alf was BANG out of order at the store. Fair enough, Adam caused your Niece's death, but it was an accident and it was a pretty effed up way to carry on. Also not really liking Sally's attitude. It's a pity neither Matt nor Maz are around anymore for him to at least be comforted by.

Finally, the tiresome T-shirt business has been extinguished. It was really, really doing my head in.

Archived