1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Sadly, this is Morag's longest break, she won't be back until Episode 3073. She will be away for close to 8 years. A very heavy punishment for what isn't even recognised as a crime on the statute books. She was sending that little boy to a school, not a university of crime? Why does everyone think that that school would turn him into a monster???

She had a busy 8 years off-screen though.

During that time she would have cared for her and Alf's father with Alzheimer's until he died.

She also would have dated, fell in love, and eventually broken up with Ross Buckton during this time.

We learn both of these things later and this is the only time period they could have occurred in.

She also (somehow) makes her way back to being a judge again.

I'm not sure why they didn't bring her back for so long during the 90s. I can only assume that as the show evolved, her character was simply lost and forgotten about, and they probably weren't aware how popular she was with viewers.

She also would have dated, fell in love, and eventually broken up with Ross Buckton during this time.

We learn both of these things later and this is the only time period they could have occurred in.

Eh? Okay, it's a long time ago and maybe I've forgotten the details but I thought the Ross thing is meant to have already happened? I seem to remember Morag said it was shortly after she broke up with Richard, which would suggest it was very soon after she left Summer Bay in 1989 or maybe even going on off screen while she was on the show.(He was married at the time so she'd have kept it quiet.)

Eh? Okay, it's a long time ago and maybe I've forgotten the details but I thought the Ross thing is meant to have already happened? I seem to remember Morag said it was shortly after she broke up with Richard, which would suggest it was very soon after she left Summer Bay in 1989 or maybe even going on off screen while she was on the show.(He was married at the time so she'd have kept it quiet.)

I specifically remember them mentioning in 2008 it had been 12 years since they last saw each other, this would be 1996. This doesn't mean they necessarily broke up at this point, but I'd imagine that was why it was put into the script otherwise why put it in there?

She was still in love with Richard and keen to get back with him towards the end of her 1989 stint (after Danny sent her a bunch of flowers pretending to be from Richard) so I strongly doubt she was seeing Ross at this point, although she did admit she wasn't fully over Richard when dating Ross, and also that their relationship lasted 2 years, so it could fit between her leaving at the end of 1989 and her return in 1993, except for the fact she told Alf in 1993 that she hadn't had any relationships.

She does state that she first met Ross when she "cross examined him" during a case. We know she wasn't working in this field during 1989.

I've rewatched the early part of 2008 many times :) I guess there are arguements to support their relationship being both before and after 1993 but personally I just think after fits better.

Also, David Dixon's teeth (I'm remembering and have recently seen a couple clips)... Man!

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who find DD's teeth vaguely repellent. He just looks vile.

I can't work out why most people seem to be accepting him courteously, when he's clearly a stereotypical thug, with an ongoing criminal record.

LOL today's episode was funny. We have two grown men playing arcade video games obviously Nick and Luke have too much time on their hands. How can they still be single? Surely two elible blokes like them shouldn't have any trouble finding a girl:/ is there a girl shortage?

Anyway then Irene cheekily tells Ailsa Don needs a salad sandwhich more than a chicken mayo sandwhich :P

And now begins the filth that goes on between Nathan the rockspider, and Sarah the so-called virgin "wait till I get married" type, whose father is the Catholic Archbishop of Summer Bay. Alf tries to stop it, but that seems to only make her dig her heels in further, while Nathan brags about his exploits and his fantasies to his new mate Adam. At least the end of today's episode does hint on his hidden agenda, about him knowing how to get what he wants. He is still a villain, which is where he belongs.

It's a pity Sarah never sees anything really wrong with him, even long after his time is up.

Archived