1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I can see Michael's point of view, he doesn't want to undermine another guardian by negating Shane's "punishment".I can see why Nick threw Shane out:As Alf said, if he'd backed down Shane would never have respected his authority again.Unfortunately, it seems Shane isn't willing to back down either and the situation is rapidly spiralling out of control.

Karen, on the other hand, is just a selfish brat utterly devoid of redeeming features.And it's another storyline that isn't going anywhere, it's just a case of marking time until she leaves again.Except that this is Blake's exit storyline, which seems absurd since the audience are all willing for him to realise Karen's not worth it and sends her packing.This week, Bobby seems to flip between being naïve about her and realising she's trouble.

Sally's reaction to the situation with Irene is growing interesting, she's obviously affected by seeing Fin and Damian bond with their birth mother and knowing she'll never have that connection, it's a mixture of jealousy and wanting them all to realise how lucky they are.Fin's brief pleasure when she thought Irene would get the job is another interesting character beat.

Luke seems to have well and truly replaced Nick as Roxy's go-to guy.I thought Nick did have some small involvement in the Max storyline but he barely seemed aware it was going on.

Has anyone enjoyed having a break from Pippa?.

I have enjoyed having a break from Pippa as in the last year or so I have found Pippa has become so bland and unfazed.

So, hopefully when Pippa returns shewill have some life in her and be more upbeat again!.

No I have personally missed Pippa during the last few weeks. I have missed the "Mumsy" Pippa being around. I think the house seems a bit empty without her.

Pippa "bland and unfazed" again I disagree, 1992 may not have been her strongest year but the Sophie/David and subsequent pregnancy storyline showed Pippa to be anything but "bland and unfazed". I think she's a great Mum / Foster parent. Sure she has her moments, on her own and with Michael when she does make wrong decisions but what parent doesn't?

When Pippa returns her and Michael are going to have a helluva couple of months, involving one of the show's all-time best and saddest of storylines. So as for having a bit of "life in her" probably, "upbeat" at first yes then definitely not !!

Looking forward to seeing the next couple of months again, will have the box of tissues ready this time round ?.

As much as Karen got on my nerves, I nearly PMSL at her singing "Another One Bites the Dust" when she "accidentally" knocked Ailsa's vase down and Ailsa's reaction was brilliant, I was expecting another slap (Not that Karen *wouldn't* have deserved it) ala the one she gave her in '91!

Has anyone enjoyed having a break from Pippa?.

I have enjoyed having a break from Pippa as in the last year or so I have found Pippa has become so bland and unfazed.

So, hopefully when Pippa returns shewill have some life in her and be more upbeat again!.

I think she just comes across as very 'human' and imperfect, which is realistic. She makes mistakes and is flawed, but also caring and warm - same as Michael. I like that.

Archived