1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Sorry about that Natasha. Some people seem to have a glaring blind spot when it comes to basic commonsense regarding actions that have grave consequences on the rest of their lives. I just can't believe people still think it's OK to take risks like those 2 did, despite the life-long ramifications anyone with sense over the age of 16 years, has a clue of.

I apologise for dragging the "debate" longer than it should have gone, but I just can't believe something so basic doesn't make sense to some people, and it has to be argued any further! The biological science is long since settled!

But you're the only one with the problem. Every time David (or Sophie's) name is mentioned you start the whole thing again. Stop making it sound like everyone else's issue.

Because of this I've noticed more and more people commenting that we should stop mentioning David and Sophie. I agree to a point. but it's not fair that we should feel we have to just because we know who is going to reply and what he's going to say (for the billionth time). ALL past characters should be allowed to be mentioned from time to time, it's the natue of this forum, and we should be able to do so without fear of a certain forum member turning the whole subject into yet another rant. I don't think it's fair to ask everyone to not mention these characters. It would be fairer to ask a certain forum member to not comment whenever those characters ARE mentioned. It's getting beyond tedious.

These latest episodes feel alot different to me, its like watching Home and Away version 3.0. So many of the old faces are leaving and we are seeing lots of new characters arrive in summer bay. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Yes, it feels like a new era with the new generation of teens, Irene's intergration in the Bay and the exits of previous characters. The new look credits also add to this. Thankfully we still have the piano underscores for a couple more years, providing that continuity to the original show. They used Carly's theme during a Finlay/Irene scene last week, which was really nice.

I cant wait for the episode that ends with Sally having a go at Fin for thinking she owns the place. They do it so dramatically for such a trivial story. She sounds like a teacher telling her off.

It's funny the random cliffhangers that we remember.

So, goodbye Blake, despite his insistence that he'll be back.(You're not on the opening titles, Blake.You won't be back.Fin knows it and we know it.)In conception, if not in execution, it's oddly similar to Simon's exit, with both of them giving up the lives they've built for themselves in Summer Bay to keep a family member on the straight and narrow, in a move that might be the right thing for said family member but probably isn't for them.Which means it's also the end of Blake and Fin, and again later developments mean I can't imagine an off screen reunion.Oh well, I suppose they both end up happy with other people.Maybe.

Nick talking Shane off the rock by threatening to jump with him is one of those scenes that's really stuck in my head, to the point I could quote half the lines.Well, vague paraphrases of them anyway. It's a nice bonding moment, coupled with the fact that for all his bravado with Tug and his cronies Shane does actually seem affected.I agree that with Blake and Sophie gone we are starting to see one of the classic teen groups settling in, with Shane, Damian, Tug and Sarah in place

and Angel arriving in about 25 episodes.

Irene's tenure at the store is quite decent comedy, especially the mounting disbelief on Ailsa's features.And Adam's conscience kicking in over Tug.

Archived