1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Barlow Thompson. How long did he get in jail for shooting and killing his wife in front of his daughter?! Not to mention the impact of the siege, and stealing a police revolver straight off the person. 20 years at least?! And the shooting death was "accidental"??! He should have got 50 years, and he's out already???

Barlow Thompson. How long did he get in jail for shooting and killing his wife in front of his daughter?! Not to mention the impact of the siege, and stealing a police revolver straight off the person. 20 years at least?! And the shooting death was "accidental"??! He should have got 50 years, and he's out already???

You're mixing up the two characters played by the same actor.

Based on what Sam did in 1988 my guess is that he would have been charged with manslaughter, threats to kill and various other offences. From what I know of the laws in NSW some of these offences carry sentences of 25 years if found guilty by a court.

Diff characters but I think Jeff Truman deliberately portrayed them similarly.

He's not the first actor to reappear, we had John Adam just a few days ago.Not sure who the first would have been, possibly Denise Roberts who appeared as a random store customer in 1988 before turning up as Martin's mum a year later (I'm pretty sure the characters had different names).

Up to Tuesday's episode. It was funny watching Irene trying to keep up the charade of having quit smoking. Was anyone else astounded that Michael/Pippa allowed her to smoke in the house?

I will kind of glad to see the back of Sophie. I didn't dislike her so much, but she became very annoying towards the end.

It was strange to see her smoking in a house full of kids, but in those days there wasn't quite as much awareness of passive smoking, and also as Michael said, she is having a hard enough time beating the drink, so to ask her not to smoke too was maybe a bit much to expect.

I haven't seen this week's episodes yet but I have a strong memory of Sally catching Irene smoking whilst hiding behind some sheets on the washing line :D :D

Archived