Belle Taylor - Jessica Tovey

Foxy

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a lot of backlash at people who dislike Belle right now. It's not just in this thread, but it's across the forum. Just because she's got PTSD doesn't mean people have to like her.

I think Jess is doing a very good job at it, but I'm disliking the character. That may not be a bad thing because I've always liked Belle. It would be good for me to dislike her for a time so I don't get bored of her.

Belle i am finding boring at the moment. She is always winging and is tired all the time. What happened to fun Belle?

.x. a car crashed into the kitchen she was in, setting the building on fire and leaving Belle trapped beneath metal shelving

.x. she suffers from PTSD

.x. she's become addicted to painkillers and is now allowing herself go on drugs, to try and up her energy levels

.x. her job isn't going as planned, with lots of stress attached to it

.x. and, a policeman that she's known since she got to the bay was recently killed by her own ex-boyfriend

Sooo .... take your pick, I'd say Belle has all the reasons in the world not to be "fun" anymore :)

Belle i am finding boring at the moment. She is always winging and is tired all the time. What happened to fun Belle?

I just want to say that when you have a condition like that you are tired all the time. Well, it's either super tired or extremely alert and that is a bitch :lol: !

I'm not keen on Belle at the moment, but then I think it is because I find it hard to see this played out. I will say that I think Jess is doing a fabulous job at portraying a sufferer of PTSD and I hope that the writers don't just jump from this storyline and back to the fun Belle. It has to be gradual, with a little lapse here and there.

I'm not keen on Belle at the moment, but then I think it is because I find it hard to see this played out. I will say that I think Jess is doing a fabulous job at portraying a sufferer of PTSD and I hope that the writers don't just jump from this storyline and back to the fun Belle. It has to be gradual, with a little lapse here and there.

I agree with this. I want to see Belle become more fun and fiesty again. It's what made me love the character in the first place. She seemed to have lost that for most part of last year. But I hope, if it does happen, it doesn't happen to soon. So far the writers have been doing a lovely job with this storyline. And I want to see it played out properly rather then her suffering one minute then suddenly cured. And once she starts getting help I want to see her slowly work to get her life back on track and not just have everything go back to normal. Little moments of happiness inbetween all this is okay though. The writers have been doing a good job at keeping things realistic in this storyline so far and I hope it continues that way. Jess is amazing in this role.

It was good to see a little of the old fiesty Belle back in that scene with Freya recently. That was some quick thinking on her part. Even if it was for the wrong reasons and didn't last for long I'm just glad we got to see it.

All this Belle storyline better finish really fast and not go for haf a year becaused people will get sick off it

Edited by gazzalovesu

I think this storyline with Belle is really interesting, although I wish she would stop popping pills!! Grr. I feel sorry for her, Aden is pulling away from her, he has no idea what is really going on with Belle. I admire that he is protective and looking out for Joey but I wish he wasnt avoiding Belle. Belle has always been there for him, I dont understand why he isnt being there for Belle. Some simple advice via the phone (when Belle calls him stressed out) is all Belle needs.

Anyway, I do miss the fiesty Belle I can't wait until she reutrns to our screens. But I do understand why Belle isnt reaching out for help. She a very determined, headstrong and indendent person who wants people to believe she is alright. The reason she knocked over her coffeee on her laptop (which was a really stupid move) is because her mind is racing a million miles an hour. If she is apparently suffering from anxiety it can feel like you have several radios inside your head. She is still very panicky and when people become panicky they act fast, they dont take time to think about what they're doing. Sometimes it feels as though your in a dream state, like your a wake and everything but you dont feel like reality is real. I know that sounds kinda crazy, but its true. And I think the only way she is going to cope and heal from this PSTD is to seek some help by seeing a counsellor. And the pills arent helping either, the side effects from the pills may also be contributing to her anxiety.

Anyway that probably made no sense whatsoever but oh well. That's just my opinion lol.