Belle Taylor - Jessica Tovey

Foxy

I hope this storyline doesnt end with Ollie taking some of her pills (just leaves it in her bag and its on the floor i know she isnt thinking but she should see someone) people that would be sad

Dont be silly, as if Belle would leave them lying around and she wouldnt be that stupid leaving a substance in the reach of a three year old. Her bag isnt lying on the floor its always on the bench or her bed. Does Oliver even live with Irene? :blink: And before when you asked whether you were laughing at blame and rape it sounded like you were implying it.

umm yes it was on the floor when Nicole was there she went and got em but Belle got em befor nicole did

and yes she would be that stupid drugs do that to ya and she isnt really thinking straight is she

Edited by gazzalovesu

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ollie and KIrsty are currently staying with Irene.

Belle is too busy popping pills to worry about any thing. With Belle leaving her bag lying around and open it would be so easy for Ollie to get the drugs. If i was Nicole i would tell some one about the pills. Aden needs to know the truth that his girlfriend is a addict.

I agree with grumble bum and gazzalovesu here. I wouldnt be surprised if Ollie found the drugs and took some, probably thinking they were sweets. Belle left them visible in her bag which wasnt that close to her. If Nicole saw them then it could easily happen again. I agree that Nicole needs to tell someone about it. (Aden or Irene) Maybe if it did happen to Ollie it would give Belle the wake up call she needed. However it is very unlikely to happen.

Edited by Danni02

Aden needs to know the truth that his girlfriend is a addict.

I'm surprised Aden & Irene haven't worked it out for themselves that Belle has a problem. They have both experienced addictions first hand (Irene a reformed alcoholic & Aden's father has had a long term alcohol problem). Don't you think they'd be suspicious of Belle's behaviour by now?

I think maybe Irene and Aden are both a bit caught up in other things at the moment to put 2 and 2 together in regards to Belle. Belle needs to realize that her behaviour does not just affect her, it affects the people around her in ways that she might not even realize. When Nicole was saying to her that she doesn't want to see Aden get hurt after what happened with his dad, I thought I saw a flash of guilt in Belle's eyes, like she had a brief inkling of how devastating it would be for Aden to find out. But addiction has a way of overriding those sort of thoughts.

That's why I think if Ollie were to find them and eat them, it would be a good way of showing Belle that this is not just something that affects her and her alone. I also want Nicole to tell Aden. Of all the characters, she is the least likely to pussyfoot around tough issues, and she has no problem with saying things that need to be said, whether people want to hear them or not.

I think things are definitely going to get a lot worse for Belle before they can start getting better.

Yeah I agree, Irene and Aden are caught up in their own lives at the moment. Aden starting a new job helping joey deal with her problems. Irene with running the diner and now Lou. And I still dont agree Belle would be that stupid in leaving her pills around for a three year old to find. I'm sorry to those who think she would do that but I dont believe belle would do such a thing. Belle isnt always selfcentred you know, she does think of others. And I dont wanna hear you guys biting my head of saying "oh yes she is selfish and all she cares about is herself" because i believe she isnt like that. So dont jump down my throat. And someone mentioned earlier that Aden and Irene would see the signs of a drug addiction hopefully in the near future they will start to notice something is not right with Belle.

I don't necessarily think Belle is self-centred, but when you have an addiction it tends to take over all of your thinking and make you do things you would not normally do. She may INADVERTENTLY leave her bag/pills lying around. Then again, I think she is so caught up in making sure she is not caught out that she would most probably have the pills on her at all times.

The whole reason she got caught up in this mess was because she was chasing the truth about the development site which has nothing to do with her directly, so you can't really say she is self-centred in that regard. In fact, she sacrificed herself in order to get to the truth - look at her now.

Yeah the poor girl, she got into a car accident and beaten up by a man and then developed PSTD. She has also supported Jeans for Genes day, which raises money for genetic diseases and disorders. And If she was to leave the pills around that wasnt out of reach of children it would probably be because she was so out of reality that she wasnt capable of thinking about anything besides her physical sensations and mental state.

Unfortunately this is what any kind of addiction does to you: it turns you into a deceitful person who would stop at nothing to feed it. You end up spoiling not only what is good in your life (relationships, a career) but also what is good in the life of those close to you. You know what you are doing is bad and wrong but you cannot find the strength to fight it all by yourself. Drugs get the better of you.

So Belle would not deliberately hurt anyone but it's very plausible that it might happen.

As for Aden and Irene not having noticed yet, sometimes it's the people closest to you who are the last ones to know. Not necessarily because they are dumb or blind but because the addict is very good at deceiving and hiding the signs. To them, she could simply act (and look) stressed because she is stressed over her new job (which is indeed very demanding - the pressure to deliver a front-page article every other day when you really have no previous experience in journalism) and still suffering from PTDS.

In Belle's case, I think it is now only a matter of time before people other than Nicole start seeing the signs. And yes, maybe something really bad will have to happen to give Belle - and everyone else in her life - a wake-up call.