Belle Taylor - Jessica Tovey

Foxy

I'm loving Belle at the moment, not that I didn't before. I like the way that we are exploring her character in detail, her acknowledging her addiction, seeking help and trying to recover. She was so feisty when she came to the Bay and, looking at her now, so vulnerable, you wouldn't have thought that it was the same character.

Jess's acting is amazing. She is doing an awesome job. She is getting some hard scenes to act, but she is doing them so birlliantly and, I, for one, applaud her. I totally believe Belle's addiction, but, had that not been acted so brilliantly, then I don't think that I would have.

Edited by becky_lacey

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question is DIRECTED at the Belle fans (but I guess anyone can answer it): Why is Belle so attracted to bad boys lol :P

Also when that girl in rehab said that you don't need a guy for your self estem it got me wondering, is Belle really insecure when she's not with a guy? Does she feel better about herself when she's in a relationship?

This question is DIRECTED at the Belle fans (but I guess anyone can answer it): Why is Belle so attracted to bad boys lol :P

Also when that girl in rehab said that you don't need a guy for your self estem it got me wondering, is Belle really insecure when she's not with a guy? Does she feel better about herself when she's in a relationship?

Don't know why she always chooses bad boys, maybe she just needs it to keep her interested.But the self-esteem thing is interesting.She's probably no different to several other characters but she just seem to jump into relationships feet first.She seemed to fall in love with Aden incredibly quickly, one minute she didn't even seem to like him then as soon as she realised he was interested in her she just let him into her bedroom with barely a protest.Same with Drew, she'd been scheming to get Ric back then as soon as Drew said he liked her she moved onto him without so much as a hesitation.When she broke up with Aden last year, she said she was going to do something for herself...and then started dating Angelo.Even the cheating on Lucas started because she was feeling insecure and thought he didn't like her.Maybe getting back with Aden as soon as she gets out of rehab isn't a good idea if she's finding it hard to stand on her own two feet.

Oh why didn't I think of that LOL :D:D:D , no seriously why is she so attracted to them.

Sorry, that last post was a bit rubbish.I've been at work since then so lots of time to think and here's me trying to psychoanalyse Belle.[Feel free to snort in amusement.]Why is Belle attracted to bad boys? Her attitude is broadly similar to that of Cassie, another otherwise intelligent person who admitted to liking guys with a "dark side", but Cassie was an abuse victim and Belle wasn't so it's probably not the same thing.There's a tradition among Home and Away fans of portraying Belle as having a strict, religious upbringing.If that were true, being attracted to bad boys could be a sign of rebellion, choosing someone that her adoptive parents would object to.But I'm not sure she does have that sort of background.From what I remember, her parents were a couple who weren't really interested in her, only took her in because her grandmother paid them, pretty much let her do what she wanted as long as it didn't affect them and, when she ran away, were quite happy to let her stay away.So...could it be attention seeking?Dating bad boys because she wanted her parents to sit up and take notice?As I mentioned several pages back, her attitude when she was seeing Ric was interesting. She was genuinely surprised that he was supporting her and caring about what happened to her while she was searching for her mother.So I suspect up till then her boyfriends had been deadbeats who hadn't really been interested as a person.The whole neglected child thing could well have left her with low self-esteem, which would explain why for all her feistiness she seemed genuinely upset that the like of Cassie and Matilda considered her easy, her insecurities in the early days of her relationships with Lucas and Aden and her habit of clinging on to any guy that shows an interest.And the fact she went for bad boys when she was younger might be why she gravitates towards them when she's faced with a choice.

For me i think its pretty simple why Belle is so attracted to bad boys! Its just more exciting for her, Belles character come across as this fiesty chick who doesn't take crap from anyone. She (when i see her) comes across as someone who constantly likes to be challenged, i can't imagine her character settling down with a dude who always takes the easy way out and i think thats where Drew and Aden come in. Lucas and Angelo were the opposite to both of them...actually come to think of it, i cant remember Belle argueing with them the way she argued with Drew and Aden :unsure:. So if anything i think, Aden brings out the passion in her, meaning he makes her want to challenge not only their relationship but also her life in general, he brings excitement into her life!

Does that make sense? :huh:

Edited by bailey4

Yeah, that kinda makes sense.Although ironically, even though they didn't argue that much when they were going out, I think Lucas did challenge her at times.The scene, some time after they broke up, where he forces her to befriend Annie is one of my favourite moments between them.