Belle Taylor - Jessica Tovey

Foxy

Belle has been a real slow burner of a character for me....although her entrance provided us with some interesting new angles on Amanda, and her presence caused a dynamic amongst the teen group that was quite bold (shock horror - they didn't all get on for a few months!) she generally tended to fall in and out of relationships and faded into the background a bit during 2007. 2008 though has been an utter revelation - I feel like I've finally gotten to know the character and, though her storylines have focussed on a relationship primarily, it's nice to see some more adult problems being thrown her way, and also to see that she doesn't necesarily need to be paired up with another character to function. I very much look forward to seeing where the writers take her next!

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that it's Belle that have gotten the toxic waste storyline. She is doing a fab job with it and I wonder what will happen with the story and her character the next couple of weeks.

I have loved her from the moment she was introduced in the show, and she sure has had a lot to deal with with Amanda beeing her mother, and the whole Amanda & Drew story.

And she's been there for Aden when he open up about the abuse and through the court case and all.

I totally agree with you, i think her coming onto the show was the shake up that home and away needed, they didnt have a teen character which could be controversial and bring a new dynamic to the other teens on the show. I couldn't imagine anyone else trying to steal people's boyfriends and being as rebelious and stubborn as she was!!

I think thats all down to Jess Tovey though, cos i think the way she portrays Belle and draws you to her even if you dont necessarily agree with what Belle's doing is amazing, she's a great actress who i think deserves more credit.

Although I used to like her, now I can’t stand Belle. I lost all personal respect for her when she started lying, cheating and using. I thought I may still have some “professional” respect for her in her quasi-journalist/ detective role. But no, I felt the ends didn’t justify the means. She just leaves me cold.

I've always been intrigued by Belle as a character, I think she has to be one of my all time favourite characters, along with a few others. She has had some interesting storylines, yes a lot of them included lovelife issues, but they did bring some interesting and funny scenes. I loved the helicopter crash story line (except the ending was a little unbelieveable but meh its soap world) it showed a different perspective of Belle, and now the development story line as well. It really suits her character, as it gives her a purpose.

The only problem I have is the cheating, this has happened with her character twice now, you'd think she'd learn by now, although the saying once a cheater always a cheater does apply. So it isn't really out of character for her I guess then.

Belle's storylines have covered a wide range of emotions that Jess Tovey has portrayed brilliantly, I think she is an amazing actress and i cannot wait to see what the new year brings for her.

Belle's my favourite character, and the reason I started watching h&a. She's different and edgy and doesn't care what any one else thinks of her. She's done some stupid things, but she's a flawed character and I love the fact that she isn't trying to be the perfect everything. She does go in and out of relationships quickly, but I think that's built into her character. She's just craving that love and attention she must not have felt growning up, which is why she came to SB in the first place.

I'm loving her toxic waste storyline, it's about time she got something to do other than focusing on relationship dramas. Although she did a great job with the Aden/abuse storyline, Todd got most of the credit for that, but I don't think he would have carried it as well if it wasn't for Jess/Belle.

I also hate the fact that they have dragged out this love triangle, but I do think untimately that solving the toxic waste scandal is much bigger than Aden/Belle or Belle/Angelo, people are dying, and a person's life is much more important than someone's elses ego/feelings. It's not right, but it sort of justifies why Belle hasn't come clean yet.

Looking forward to the upcoming episodes, the toxic waste stuff is starting to get exciting.

I also hate the fact that they have dragged out this love triangle, but I do think untimately that solving the toxic waste scandal is much bigger than Aden/Belle or Belle/Angelo, people are dying, and a person's life is much more important than someone's elses ego/feelings. It's not right, but it sort of justifies why Belle hasn't come clean yet.

I disagree. Belle actions were expedient and with a little thought and imagination she could have achieved the same ends regarding the toxic waste dump, but in a more honourable manner.

Belle wasn't really a facter in my HAA watching when she first came on. I hardly bothered watching any of her storylines for quite a while...but then she was taken by Dom and I was kinda hooked lol. She was amazing during those scenes and from them I have really like Jess as an actress and have really grown to like Belle.

I think her scenes with Aden's abuse and everything after were amazing. Jess did a wonderful job during that storyline and I Belle quickly became one of my favourite characters. She grew up a lot after her break-up with Drew and I think it has really showed with the way she handled some of Aden's storylines. She was strong and supportive when she needed to be but knew when it was time to get herself out of something that could have pulled her down.

I don't particularly like her a lot at the moment. i think what she is doing with the Toxic Waste story is great (even though it doesn't interest me in the slightest) but the lying and cheating just isn't cool. It's a shame that they have done this to Belle again. You would think she would have learnt her lesson after hurting Lucas as much as she did but it would appear not. Though I like what someone else said, that she is a flawed character, she makes mistakes and is real. Well as real as someone can be on a soap.

I disagree. Belle actions were expedient and with a little thought and imagination she could have achieved the same ends regarding the toxic waste dump, but in a more honourable manner.

You're right, there are ways Belle could have handled this situation much better, avoiding this whole love triangle/sneaking around business. But I think it's gotten to a point now in her investigation where she needs the police support to bring down the developers and coupled with the fact that Angelo has become increasingly protective and serious about thier relationship, she knows that breaking up with him would no doubt jepordise her chances of stopping the development. The only reason Angelo has gone out on a limb to support Belle's cause because she's his girlfriend and he can see how much it means to her.

Belle should have never gotten involved with Angelo in the first place, seeing as she was still in love with Aden at the time. She should have broken up with Angelo as soon as she admitted to herself that she was still very much into Aden. She shouldn't have slept with Angelo out of guilt and after she had just declared her love for Aden to Aden. And she shouldn't have slept with Aden while still with Angelo. But that wouldn't make for interesting viewing if everyone did the right thing all the time and no one's heart gets broken... I guess we will just have to agree to disagree :P

I really don't like her with Angelo, i think it's a little out of character for her and i don't think she actually really cares for him. I think she's just trying to forget about Aden and everything with him, and being with Angelo is a way for her to do that.

Belle is one of my favourite females on H&A with Rachel. I love her don't care attitude, she's feisty and passionate about what she believes in, even when what she is doing is not necessairly right. I used to love her friendships with Mattie, Lucas and all. It's a shame they've all left and she has no one really to have fun with anymore.

I also love her scenes with Irene. Sometimes i think Belle needs a good mother figure in her life, and her relationship with Irene is very special and i hope they give them more to do together.