Belle Taylor - Jessica Tovey

Foxy

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm growing to dislike Belle as a character these days, not because of her PTSD - she's doing a marvelous job acting with it [Jess is], but -

she's just changing so much; becoming neurotic, going on drugs, stressing, etc. I know that much of that can be attributed to the PTSD, but Belle was changing even before that.

Like with Melody, how she got her to go into the Nursing Home even while knowing that her Mum might be in there. But she also used Aden to get her information on the development site, and to back her up when she needed it. And she used her 'contact' with Angelo for her own benefit also in that storyline, knowing he'd do close to anything for her.

Belle's turning into a user [of people, not just drugs ;)] and I really hate to see that happening to her. She usedn't be so shallow, or - so easy to dislike, and I sincerely hope the writers turn her around and make her a person to like again...

I'm growing to dislike Belle as a character these days, not because of her PTSD - she's doing a marvelous job acting with it [Jess is], but -

she's just changing so much; becoming neurotic, going on drugs, stressing, etc. I know that much of that can be attributed to the PTSD, but Belle was changing even before that.

Like with Melody, how she got her to go into the Nursing Home even while knowing that her Mum might be in there. But she also used Aden to get her information on the development site, and to back her up when she needed it. And she used her 'contact' with Angelo for her own benefit also in that storyline, knowing he'd do close to anything for her.

Belle's turning into a user [of people, not just drugs ;)] and I really hate to see that happening to her. She usedn't be so shallow, or - so easy to dislike, and I sincerely hope the writers turn her around and make her a person to like again...

Yeah i like Jess but hate Belle i used to love her when she first came into it

Posted this in the Aus Discussion Thread the other day but,thought I'd post it here as wellI don't know if this helps at all,but in a fairly recent interview with Jess (in "Inside Soap" - UK magazine) it says,

It hasn't been a great year for Belle,and things get worse in 2009. She's about to go through one of the most dramatic stages of her life. In what I'm filmig now,she's making the slow climb back to being who she use to be. So I'm presumming that her feistiness/edginess comes back soon,so maybe there's hope for her yet as a character before people write her off for good

And this was the first week of January this year,so I assume that it should be happening within the next couple of months or so :).

Posted this in the Aus Discussion Thread the other day but,thought I'd post it here as wellI don't know if this helps at all,but in a fairly recent interview with Jess (in "Inside Soap" - UK magazine) it says,

It hasn't been a great year for Belle,and things get worse in 2009. She's about to go through one of the most dramatic stages of her life. In what I'm filmig now,she's making the slow climb back to being who she use to be. So I'm presumming that her feistiness/edginess comes back soon,so maybe there's hope for her yet as a character before people write her off for good

And this was the first week of January this year,so I assume that it should be happening within the next couple of months or so :).

Actually, the interview was done last week of December, so it should air end of March.

Actually, the interview was done last week of December, so it should air end of March.

Wasn't published until week begining 3rd Jan so it would have either been just before or just after christmas.

Edited by cutiepie379

I think Belle is one of the more realistic characters at the mo, normally if someone is going through a rough patch they'll be depressed one minute, then happy as larry the next, so i'm really glad they're dragging it out abit and no matter how annoying she may be at times, it's what would happen. So i actually applaud the writers and Jess for doing such a great job with it!

So glad there's finally a storyline to be interested in!

^I agree.

I like Belle's storyline at the moment. The writers are really focusing on the effect that all these traumatic events of the past year (supporting Aden through his hardships, being held hostage by Aden, her car accident, being threatened by the developers, being attacked by the developers, the school formal disaster etc.) have had on her. Like LAURZY! said, though it can be kind of annoying the reality is that the things that she's going through now like taking drugs, stressing out, and constantly ringing Aden for help and reassurance (and needing reassurance from other people like Geoff and Irene) are things that real people who have had PTSD do actually go through.

I think Jess is doing a fantastic job of portraying someone who feels like they are losing control of their life. I know some people think that Belle's being mean and some of her behaviour is out of character but, again that is what happens when someone thinks that they are losing control. They don't realise what effect their behaviour has on others. They are very focused on their own troubles. I hope that the writers continue to do this storyline justice.

Edited by drama_girl

Some comments from this thread have been reported as inappropriate and as such have been deleted or edited as required.

It is fine to not like or even hate certain characters. it would be boring if we all like the same thing. But, please be aware that severe comments wishing characters would 'kick the bucket' without any justification or posting in an abbrasive tone are not acceptable.

Happy discussing.

Oh boy was Belle jealous of Joey lol. Aden's only trying to help her out. I think Belle is becoming pariond. And her mood swings are becoming more frequent. I dont like the idea of Belle taking drugs at all. But I dont hate the character. I can understand why is she acting the way she is. But that doesnt make it right. I think Belle is also becoming very insecure and clingy to Aden, because she's afaird of losing him. Poor Belle! I do miss the old Belle.

Some comments from this thread have been reported as inappropriate and as such have been deleted or edited as required.

It is fine to not like or even hate certain characters. it would be boring if we all like the same thing. But, please be aware that severe comments wishing characters would 'kick the bucket' without any justification or posting in an abbrasive tone are not acceptable.

Happy discussing.

Yep thanks for that. If theres one thing that puts me off coming on this thread/website altogether its stupid az comments like that!

ANYWHO....I too am liking, not really loving, Belles storylines. I think we're wanting too much from her character all at once, we have to remember that although her "constant dramas" is not something we hear or see everyday on H&A and even in real life doesn't mean its not happening! And whether we like it or not we have to become aware of issues like PTSD and depression etc. The only way we can educate our youngens on these issues is to bring it up in shows that attract the younger generation like H&A! They're doing a wicked job at making it believable and I love the different kinds of responses we're getting from fans of Belles both negative and positive.

I love it purely for the fact that Jess is acting it out in such a superb and artistic way but hate the fact that Belles having to go through this! Personally I cannot wait for this storyline to finally have its ending not cause I want it over already but mainly for the fact that we get to witness what PTSD is really all about, when the person is in deep decline and what it takes for them to have to get back to being themselves again. I hope the writers approach it well and deals with it properly instead of having her forget she even had it in 1 week or whatever!

Edited by bailey4