Rachel/Tony

Cal

My only hope is that what ever the sex of the baby is, that Rachel want say to Tony that the baby will be a replacement for Jack. Jack will always be a part of Tony's life.

I feel that Rachel will try to force Tony to forget Jack and focus on the baby.

Like Kirsty said, that is a bit absurd. Why would she try force Tony to forget about Jack? She knows more than anyone how close they were, let alone Jack being his son. There's no way anyone would force someone to forget about their dead child, especially not the wife of the person. And especially not a physciatrist. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really think Tony (and probably Martha) needed professional counselling at the time to deal with the shock loss of Jack, especially given the circumstances in which it occurred, and Angelo's involvement

I was shocked that Rachel didn't suggest Martha and Tony "talk" about their grief and actually go and see a counsellor instead of bottling it all up.

Oh and I just thought of something I said earlier Rachel likes to give advice to people etc but sometimes she butts into people's business and offers advice when its not her place to play "doctor". Sure if someone like Martha wants her advice on something then I don't find that annoying, what I find annoying is when she offers advice to people who haven't ask for it and that portrays "Miss Right" to me. Sorry if this makes no sense.

really think Tony (and probably Martha) needed professional counselling at the time to deal with the shock loss of Jack, especially given the circumstances in which it occurred, and Angelo's involvement

I was shocked that Rachel didn't suggest Martha and Tony "talk" about their grief and actually go and see a counsellor instead of bottling it all up.

Oh and I just thought of something I said earlier Rachel likes to give advice to people etc but sometimes she butts into people's business and offers advice when its not her place to play "doctor". Sure if someone like Martha wants her advice on something then I don't find that annoying, what I find annoying is when she offers advice to people who haven't ask for it and that portrays "Miss Right" to me. Sorry if this makes no sense.

i kinda agree with that comment. as much as i like Rachel , sometimes she is to much of a doctor. and also when she talks to people she can sound more like their counselor then their friend /partner. i know she means well and all, but it can get pretty annoying at times. espescially when she talks like that to Tony.

and i also think tony need counselling , but i dont think he sees it himself....

I think it would have been a great idea for Tony to talk to someone professional if he'd been willing to talk. You can't force someone to open up if they're not ready and i think at times Rachel pushed him too much when she should have let him deal with things by himself. She cares too much sometimes and with Tony she was far too emotionally involved. Not to mention newly pregnant as well, which is a lot to deal with.

But i think she was just scared of what he'd do if he didn't talk about how he felt, especially with her professional experience. And watching somone you love and deeply care about in so much pain is never easy. There's no right or wrong way to deal with these situations.

I think sometimes she doesn't know whether to be a doctor or a friend. When you have such a high powered, stressful job it's difficult to shake it off when you're no longer in that environment.

Edited by KirstyEkua

I do sometimes think that really its none of Rachels business when she gives people advice/tries to help them, but I think because that is what she does when she is working, it will be hard to switch off and not take some of the doctor into her personal life. I wouldnt say she was playing 'Miss Right', she is trying to be a good friend/neighbour and help the people that she cares about, but sometimes I think she comes across as saying things like this is what you have to do other than this is what I can suggest as a friend that you should do.

I really think Tony would benefit from counselling. Especially now Angelo is back, its kinda threw him back a bit. But as Kirsty said he would have to be willing to talk, which at the moment, I dont think Tony is.

Edited by Danni02

^Ironically, I think the only person Rachel's really given unnecessary advice to is Tony.Normally, it's a case of her giving advice to someone like Aden or Miles who's deliberately sought her out for advice or told her about a problem and she's given her opinion, or her going to see someone like Belle when she was on drugs who's not dealing with their problems and offered to help.But with Tony she often crosses the line into badgering him because she thinks his way of dealing with things is wrong and he needs to do it her way.

I agree that Rachel has been pushing Tony far too much over Jack, I guess it's just because she's worried about him and wants to be able to help with him but she should have given him some space, tried to detach herself from being emotionally involved (near impossible I know.) Actually today's episode was the first time she actually just sat back, made sure he was ok and told him whatever he needed to do to deal with Angelo, she'd support him 100%

I doubt she would have said that if she knew what he was actually planning!

instead of telling him how he should be dealing with it. She defended him when Alf was having a go and tried to get Martha to calm down and leave Tony alone and then stayed back to make sure he was ok.

She was the only one that supported him today while everyone else was having a go at him! I feel bad for her as well, everyone's coming to her with her problems, Martha, Aden! Aww Tachel :)

P.S - Did anyone noticed there were new photos put on Tachel's fridge? There was a wedding pic of Leah, Martha and Rachel, I couldn't tell what the others were though!

Edited by charmed60

I thought it was really nice to see Rachel supporting him so much and just making it clear she's there for him. And i love how she defended him in front of Alf and Martha. It's clear she's really worried but i guess she's finally realised she has to let him do things his own way.

But, i do think it's about time someone was there for her. She's coping with an awful lot right now and offering support to so many people.