Rachel/Tony

Cal

Are you guys hoping Tony and Rachel become next Alf and Ailsa ?.

Quite clearly you are somehow obsessed with Ailsa and old H&A characters and like to post about the old times a LOT .

I hope Tachel don't turn into Alf and Ailsa personally. I think actually that is the most random question ever !!

Well you got to remember old days and remember classic characters like Ailsa as she was Summer Bay's heart and soul.

Ailsa died but she's not forgotten.

Oh yes I love old timers like Ailsa and Pippa because they are adult characters and they are played by actors that can act.

There's nothing wrong with liking old timers. I never forget classic characters like Ailsa and Pippa.

I agree - there isnt anything wrong with it at all! I do think the show misses the dynamics both Alf and Ailsa and Pippa and Tom/Michael prodived the show - they really gave it a core and warmth and sense of continuity that is lacking these days.

But, I dont think Rachel and Tony could be anything like Alf and Ailsa - Leah on the other hand could be one half of a classic couple if they ever give her some happiness (that lasts years rather than months or weeks).

Rachel and Tony - they are a unconventional couple; I haven't really been able to really buy the relationship, it wasn't very well developed imo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they had to make it a boy to make Tony's anger/grief more real and to make the story work better. I'm not disappointed, it's going to be so lovely to see them be a little family and see Rachel with her own child. And i've always thought Tony was an amazing dad. The little guy is lucky, let's hope he gets his mums brains :lol:

And on Tony i think he just needs a real wake up call to trigger him being able to finally move on.

Am I really the only one who thinks that Tony is not annoying at the moment and he's not that selfish? I think he has his own reasons, he's good in heart, he wishes only good and he doesn't hurt Rachel on purpose. Maybe I'm crazy. :D

No, you're not. after everything he's been through in his life, i am not blaming him for doing what he is. i do feel sorry for Rachel, but i think Tony is doing he's best. and he is trying to move on, but its not that easy.

and i dont think he is annoying , because i think this storyline is very good :D

Good to know, Holden. :D You're right- he is trying his best and it's not that easy.

And I agree with you, Kirsty, that this little guy is so lucky to have parents like this. And he's going to be so hot ! :D Well, look at Rach and Tony- they're both gorgeous !

Ok this whole age thing really confuses me. Tony said he was teaching when Jack was born, and that he was 28. That has to make Tony nearly 50!! Yet he was just 40 a few years ago :huh:

Anyways i felt really sorry for Rachel today. It was so sad when she said 'i just need Tony,' and then he didn't answer :( She looked pretty ill at the start when she was talking to Hugo, all worried about Martha. And bless Miles he was so sweet with her.

As for Tony, part of me thought at first he was trying hard to control himself. And i guess being at Jack's grave was just too much. And he's gonna regret now answering the phone when Miles tried to call him for Rachel.

Edited by KirstyEkua

i dont think we are supposed to notice the age-thing.either they have sorased Tony alot, or Tony started teaching when he was very young.

I loved todays episode, i will be honest and say that i didnt care much for the Rachel parts. but that was just because i found the Tony/Angelo smackdown so intresting! Jon does evil (or whatever he is) very well.

I liked that he talked about Kate alot, he just dosent talk enough about her, since they pretty much were "soulmates" :P

But the age thing is just so ridiculous. It's not hard to keep track of someone's age. :lol: And he said Jack was baby when Kate died..lol this is really bugging me becasue it's just crazy.

Awww i loved the Rachel/Miles stuff today. Although i find it strange she was sitting clearly not well and all the docs just ignored her. :lol:

Tony seemed very emotionally detatched today at times. But he's technically not done anything wrong to Angelo. It was sad he missed Jack's birth, let's hope he doesn't miss his new son's birth!

Edited by KirstyEkua

So either Tony's been seriously aged to about 50 plus or he was a fully trained teacher at 14 :lol: How can they get it so wrong?? I did however like hearing Tony talk about the past, we learnt a bit more about Kate and it's interesting how he didn't listen to his pregnant wife back then either :P To hear him so guilty about missing Jack's birth makes you wonder how he's going to feel when he finds out about Rachel and the baby!

Wow Tony has actually lost the plot hasn't he? It's going to be difficult to recover from this I think.

It did look in the promo and sneak peek like Angelo fell rather than be pushed by Tony, it actually looked like Tony was ready to let him go after Martha said about Rachel and the baby...or it at least made him think. So I guess there's not really anything they can charge Tony with is there?

Amy did a good job with the feeling ill look today! She made ME feel dizzy! I liked the way she was all tired and breathless when she was talking to Hugo in the morning because it was hinting towards the collapse later on!

I really really hope this whole experience is going to put Tony and Rachel's relationship back where it was when they first found out she was pregnant.

Edited by charmed60

Yes, charmed, Amy did really good job. And I liked when Rach asked Miles if he could help her up. Tony's crazier than I thought, but I still like him. When he gets over it (and I sure he will), he's going to be superdad and husband.

And the age thing is confusing for me too. :D

The age thing is confusing me too especially as he said Jack was only a baby when Kate died. I was sure it was Lucas that was the baby cos I remember whent they first came to the bay it was said Lucas was only six months old. Tony cleary said jack would have been 28 and i am sure lucas is around the age of twenty so that just cant add up. If Tony is in his mid forties then that would have only made him sixteen when Jack was born so he couldnt have been teaching either.

Come to think of it, the age difference between him and Rachel is alot bigger than I thought it was, I dint realise he was married to someone so close to Jacks age