Rachel/Tony

Cal

The age thing is confusing me too especially as he said Jack was only a baby when Kate died. I was sure it was Lucas that was the baby cos I remember whent they first came to the bay it was said Lucas was only six months old. Tony cleary said jack would have been 28 and i am sure lucas is around the age of twenty so that just cant add up. If Tony is in his mid forties then that would have only made him sixteen when Jack was born so he couldnt have been teaching either.

Come to think of it, the age difference between him and Rachel is alot bigger than I thought it was, I dint realise he was married to someone so close to Jacks age

Tony only had his 40th birthday a few years ago so technically he's still meant to be in his 40s, 43 I think...the ages were really messed up in tonight's ep so I'm trying not to think about it :lol: Lucas was meant to be the baby, I'm sure they said Kate was pushing Lucas in his pram when she was knocked over by the guy on the motorbike trying to mug her. I think there's meant to be a 13/14 year age gap between Rachel and Tony but after tonight's episode all their ages is anyone's guess!

If were going by the actors ages in real life, I think Paul O Brien (Jack) is actually older than Amy Mathews (Rachel)!

Edited by charmed60

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the age thing is just so ridiculous. It's not hard to keep track of someone's age.

I totally agree. The age-thing is really annoying. The writers of the show should have each character blackboarded so they can keep things like age consistent. Then as they write, they can refer to the charts on the wall and see a timeline of things like Jack's birth, etc in (this case) Tony's life. Why is it so hard? Or worse, why don't they bother? It always makes me feel insulted as a regular viewer that they don't get these things right. We're expected not to care.

i will just try to forget about it , it will never make sense anyway.

I thought it was sad today that Tony said that he felt like he had let Jack down from the begining :(

everything is so sad... i want some happines!!

Again, I agree with you. It doesn't make sense anyway, so I hope they don't mention Jack's age again. Or anything what's connected with it.

Happiness would be great. We'll see it after the Angelo stuff is over, I hope :)

i will just try to forget about it , it will never make sense anyway.

I thought it was sad today that Tony said that he felt like he had let Jack down from the begining :(

everything is so sad... i want some happines!!

Again, I agree with you. It doesn't make sense anyway, so I hope they don't mention Jack's age again. Or anything what's connected with it.

Happiness would be great. We'll see it after the Angelo stuff is over, I hope :)

We have to. Its been what 5/6 months of unhappiness from Tony's part anyway. [Well apart from a few weeks during wedding time]. They cant possible have him being all sad, angry, unhappy - whatever you want to say - for much longer, because to be honest its really boring me now. Once the baby is born, if that doesnt make Tony even the least bit happy, then I'm struggling to think any thing else ever will.

Edited by Danni02

The scene were Tony came to the hospital today was aww :wub: even if it was supposed to be sad i just found it very cute

That was the best episode in a while, Jon and Amys acting were amazing! its good Tony finally seemed to have got som closure, the scene at the grave was sad and beautiful at the same time. and i hope Rachel forgive him soon, even if i am not blaming her if she dont.

I think she pretty much implied today she'd forigven him and they'd work past things. :wink:

Well, it was all kind of an anti climax after all that we read in TV Week turned out to be pretty much false!! :rolleyes:

But i did very much love that he ran to be with her and he was comforting her in the hospital and being all reassuring. That was lovely and i think it shows more than anything how much he truely does care about this baby and his wife. And it was nice for once to see Rachel in a vunrable situation and him being there for her.

I liked their talk and think it's good they're not just gonna brush this away (although they've always pretty much talked about their issues and stuff) It was very sweet he told her she'd made him realise he could move on and have a life without Jack, but Angelo put him back. And this was his wake up call.

Very impressed with their communication today :P And it seems he's finallly got some closure, which is great and i hope now we can get the Tony back we had during the wedding period etc.

The problem though is not entirely Tony's. Rachel has to ask herself why, despite all her offers, Tony didn't feel able to confide in her. There are real issues in that relationship.

That's what I've noticed too, if Rachel and Tony have such great communication in their relationship then why didn't Tony feel comfortable with sharing with feelings, Rachel saw it was getting to a point where it was affecting his daily life. I believe that their relationship has been like this even before Jack's death, but hey thats just my opinion....that's all I say for now at the risk of having my head biten off.

The problem though is not entirely Tony's. Rachel has to ask herself why, despite all her offers, Tony didn't feel able to confide in her. There are real issues in that relationship.

That's what I've noticed too, if Rachel and Tony have such great communication in their relationship then why didn't Tony feel comfortable with sharing with feelings, Rachel saw it was getting to a point where it was affecting his daily life. I believe that their relationship has been like this even before Jack's death, but hey thats just my opinion....that's all I say for now at the risk of having my head biten off.

You're entitled to say what you think and I might have agreed with you had Tony confided in somebody else. But the fact is, he wanted to cope with it on his own because like he said last night, he didn't want to burden her with it. When the wedding occured he felt he had moved on and maybe when Angelo came back and all his anger came back he was afraid to admit it to Rachel because everything was perfect between them and he didn't want to ruin things. It's not like he confided in somebody else because he trusted them more than Rachel, he didn't talk to anybody.

I think Tony and Rachel have always had great communication, they're always talked through their problems and Rachel particularly has always encouraged him to speak about his feelings (and I actually noticed a role reversal last night when Tony was the one asking her about what she's feeling and begging her to talk to him) which they're usually really good with. But the fact is, Tony lost a child. His son died. It doesn't get any worse than that and I don't think anybody can expect them to have amazing communication when Tony doesn't even understand what he's feeling. I think Rachel pushed him to talk about his feelings at first to much and when she realised she was smothering him, she backed off and instead just let him know that she was there for him and she'd support whatever he chose to do.

I think the fact that they're still together and haven't seperated once during this whole ordeal, but rather struggled along and at appropriate times spoke about what was happening proves they are a strong couple and can get through things but obviously it's not perfect, as no relationship is, though if they can get through Tony losing his son they'll be able to get through anything.

I loved yesterday's episode between them because it was nice to see Tony have a huge wake up call and realise that the way he's been acting has affected his whole family and that he can get help with what he's feeling. I loved that he ran straight to her when he found out about the baby and comforted her at the hospital as seeing him supporting her is what I've been waiting to see for a long time! It was sweet that at first he didn't want to tell her because he didn't want to worry her after what had just happened but it was good that he admitted it straight away because it showed great communication, that he was willing to open up and deal with his problems :wink: He acknowledged Rachel was the reason he has felt able to have a life without Jack and it might take a while but I'm sure they'll be able to work through their problems, as they usually do!

^

well put charmed - i agree 100% and yesterdays episode was so oooh,

just before tony entered rachel was being so strong and as soon as she seen tony she broke down - that made me all teary too!

and when tony confessed i was blubbering a fair bit too

i hope we see some talking, and hopefully some happy tachel before bubs is born