2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Well despite what you said it didn't take two to break up as you acknowledge that the marriage ending was solely down to Marilyn.  She was the one who fell out of love with John.  Not the other way round.  John didn't want to end things as he was still in love with her but was effectively forced to as Marilyn was unhappy.

I agree about there being other cops but Cash has already destroyed a key piece of evidence.  If Detective Nasser had gotten his hands on it Felicity would have been arrested for sure.  I was pretty disgusted with Nikau.  I'm really not keen on people being made public and targetted online in that manner as any Tom/Dick/Harry can get hold of the information and decide to take matters into their own hands, especially given there's an ongoing investigation and how popular Nikau is i.e. the two girls who had a surfing lesson just to spend time with him (which presumably is remnants of his modelling days).

Didn't really like the situation Logan put Ari in.  He wanted to go through with the procedure but spelt doom and gloom for Tane should Ari have decided against it.  Very difficult for someone without a medical background to make an informed decision.  I'm glad it worked out though so fair play to Logan (Again!).

I also thought Justin was covering for Theo not to stress Leah out.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That episode reinforced my feeling that Tane and Felicity are probably the most sensible people in the storyline and it's everyone else choosing sides and attacking the one they've decided is in the wrong that are causing all the problems. (Well, them and the person with the chemical attacks, I suppose.) Tane's smart enough to realise that just because he and Felicity have argued a few times that doesn't mean she'd actually want to kill him. It'd be nice if Nikau listened to that instead of seeking validation from strangers who've never met Tane or Felicity...

Ryder and Chloe broken up doesn't seem that different to when they were together! And Ryder's little mistake ($1800 little) is probably going to give Chloe another reason to shout at him. Theo was obnoxious as ever with the other youngsters, but I actually felt a bit sorry for him when Justin had a go. It wasn't like he chucked the stuff out without asking, he just asked if they still needed it, and Justin could have explained more evenly(although it probably doesn't help that Theo isn't his favourite person). So I'm glad Leah got in there and put him straight and that he understood.

Marilyn did still care for John, but Marilyn being Marilyn she couldn't lie anymore, it wasn't fair to either of them, it was giving John false hope. 

Flick isn't an official suspect, just local gossip/rumours suggesting she is the one behind it, but Cash should still not be as close to it as he is, but that is how it goes in all soaps/crime dramas a close relative of the suspect or even victim is told to stay away but do they? Surprised Detective Nasser hasn't been to see Tane yet, he must know he's come round. ? 

Tane may have been pretty out of by the time 'she' brought the gas in, but he did somehow know it was a woman, like us maybe because of the size of their feet.? Even if it had been Felicity, she wouldn't have just walked in in her everyday clothes without covering up her identity.  As you mentioned Red, he hasn't automatically jumped to the conclusion it HAS to be her. 

There will always be hard decisions like the one Ari had to make with new innovations in medical treatments and at least Logan was honest, brutally so,  with him If Tane was left as he was there could have been the danger of brain damage.

Bella saying Nikau was behaving like a troll was right, it's effectively trial by social media, he's not physically attacked her, but only because Ari and Mia have kept him reined in. But now he's put it out there others could. 

Theo was trying to get in with Chloe again, but she just closed him down.  Despite their troubles Ryder and Chloe are being very adult in wanting to put their business first and liked how they effectively told Theo to shove off.  I'm guessing they let it slide after the chemical attack when both had more pressing things on their minds.  That obnoxious customer got off lightly imo.  Ryder got carried away with pressing the 0's, such an easy mistake but when you don't have that much money to cover it a big one. 

It didn't start off well for Theo once he got home, and he earnt himself a right tongue lashing from Leah.  He can't still just disappear  on  a bender and expect things to be OK when he finally pitches back up.  He did take it on board and apologised to Justin and he and Justin did watch a footie game together, but then Justin had to jinx it by saying "I think we've turned a corner".?  Theo did start off the next day well and actually had a hoover in his hand, he knows how one works.?  I think we must have all groaned when we saw MASON on the side of that box, not sure he'd even noticed that.  He didn't get as far as chucking it out without asking, but referring to it as junk wouldn't have best pleased Justin but he did overreact. Theo, obviously, hadn't been told anything about Mason and what had happened to him, so wouldn't have understood, now he has I hope he apologies to Justin for his slip.  Rather moving seeing Justin looking through Mason's mementos and that sad smile he gave, so hopefully he'll understand Theo didn't mean any disrespect and accept the apology but also offer one of his own. 

Seems the preview we had of Anne throwing Felicity under the bus was a bit premature, it happens tonight, not the only shock in store for her. ?

Excuses.  Although you've agreed Marilyn was at fault as I originally said.

I'm very surprised Ryder is still able to work with Chloe.  I must admit, I'd forgotten about their catering business.

I do think Justin was a bit out of line but I find it very hard to have any sympathy for Theo because I find him so annoying.  I'm assuming he and Chloe are going to get together so it will be interesting to see if Ryder and Chloe can continue their business.  And that's assuming they can survive their current financial issues.  The way Chloe was with Ryder earlier on in the episode she obviously still cares for him.  I wonder if she dumped him because he's a nice guy but Theo is more of a bad boy, so to her is more exciting.

So Tane doesn't believe Felicity is responsible for the attack.  I'm assuming he saw how scared she was just before she took out the AVO and when she tried to talk to him before Mackenzie stirred the pot so didn't think she had it in her.  He hasn't made the connection about the roses yet so maybe he will change his mind or accept that Felicity wasn't responsible for sending those either.  It does still make me wonder given that Cash has known Felicity a lot longer and a lot better than Tane but he had doubts about his own sister whereas despite what has gone on Tane doesn't.  Well not yet!

Alf's episode count this week:Three. Marilyn's turn to spend one of her two episodes comatose. A fairly sparse week: The only other characters to make three episodes were Irene, Leah, Justin and Logan.

Nikau is now managing to annoy me in episodes he isn't even in. Cash is right that it would be a conflict of interest for him to warn him off in his capacity as a police officer, but someone needs to. Unfortunately, the complaint against him got kind of lost against Felicity's alibi unravelling, and I suspect there'll be no consequences for him yet again. Anne doesn't back Felicity up but she's not suspicious about that yet. Cash gets the answer to his question of why someone would just drop a receipt in Felicity's van: Turns out they did more than that!

Theo was again okay in the scenes with his family, and I'm glad he and Justin had that chat, but not so much in the scenes with the other youngsters, although he was less objectionable than he usually is. Having maxed out the business (but yes, why was Chloe using the business account to pay for a juice?), Ryder is forced to do a deal with the mini-devil in order to make money...

Spoiler

Not that I’m blowing my own trumpet but I think they should hire me as the town cop it’s so obvious Flick is being set up by Anne Flick even believed Anne’s flimsy story of not sticking to their story of baking cakes dim just dim 

I could also tell Ryders it’s a incredible dumb idea to post pranks with Theo obliviously his going to make Ryder look like a wimp to Chloe to impress her 

Dispointing not to see Marylin this week 

2 hours ago, pembie said:
  Hide contents

Not that I’m blowing my own trumpet but I think they should hire me as the town cop it’s so obvious Flick is being set up by Anne Flick even believed Anne’s flimsy story of not sticking to their story of baking cakes dim just dim 

I could also tell Ryders it’s a incredible dumb idea to post pranks with Theo obliviously his going to make Ryder look like a wimp to Chloe to impress her 

Dispointing not to see Marylin this week 

You must have either watched the 5Star ep or have been reading articles, as there's been no mention of what Theo's moneymaking idea actually is at Channel 5 pace - hence the spoiler tag now added to your post.

As such, you'll likely know who the stalker is anyway ?

8 hours ago, Dan F said:

You must have either watched the 5Star ep or have been reading articles, as there's been no mention of what Theo's moneymaking idea actually is at Channel 5 pace - hence the spoiler tag now added to your post.

As such, you'll likely know who the stalker is anyway ?

Oh right sorry 

As much as a pain in the bum - his words - Theo can  be, that was a genuine apology to Justin and Justin responded with his own apology.   Leah slipped off to feed Buddy? leaving them to it. He also knows how Mason died and why his belongings mean so much.  Sadly he reverted to type by winding Ryder up later.  I'd be very wary of anything Theo suggests to boost their finances.   OK Ryder slipped up with overpaying their supplier but can he refuse to hand back the overpayment - is that even legal? ?   

Totally with you Red paying for a juice by card - WTF? Are the young 'uns now so dependent on them they can't pay for anything any other way, how much would a juice be -  $ - less? Theo carried actual cash though so was able to bail Chloe out. 

It did look like  Ryder was going to ask Alf for help or maybe an extension on the loan, but when he saw how worried he was about Marilyn and Martha, he didn't bring it up which is why, he's reluctantly, willing to listen to Theo's ideas. Chloe and Ryder are in a bind, they haven't got the dosh to buy food for their business to  make money to pay back the loan. 

Whoever spray painted Felicity's van has got good eyesight seeing as they did it in the middle of the night.  I don't think our prime suspect - would be that blatant, more like - imo at least - someone spurred on by Nikau's on line posts.  Anyways, it's vandalism so whoever it was could/should  be charged with the same.  It isn't Felicity's van, it belongs to the Caravan Park. 

OK so not only does Flick leave a very incriminating receipt in her van she also leaves a phail of the drug that was used to knock out Tane- yeh right.?  Betting there's no fingerprints on it Not how far ahead it is but it did look like like Flick makes the all important connection.  Referred to them in an earlier post, but she needs to see someone about those panic attacks, does Cash knows she has them? 

Tane doesn't know about the latest delivery of roses, Nik dumped them, once again though, a missed opportunity for the police to find out who ordered them, they aren't cheap, well I'm guessing they aren't in Australia, they aren't here. 

Archived