2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

44 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Der der der der der der der der... The Ring of fire...

(Ghost Peppers are nothing to play with)

Alf will probably call Ryder a Galah (minumum)

All Marilyn needs now is a Black Jacket and to be slapping people asking "Who's Bad?"?

Just spat my drink out ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alf's episode count this week:Three. Another fairly sparse week: The only other ones to make three were Irene, Leah, Marilyn and Justin.

Did I blink and miss it, or was that "You've never ordered a burger before"/"I've never thrown a punch before either" exchange in the promo and the recap but not actually in the episode? Some of the reaction to Marilyn is a bit misaimed. It's not that long since she got drunk on Ryder and Chloe's cocktails, so I don't see why her ordering a bloody mary was taken as a sign she'd been abducted by aliens or why Mackenzie felt the need to slip her a tomato juice instead. And Irene saying Marilyn's been a vegetarian as long as she can remember suggests she's the one that needs to get checked out, because Marilyn wasn't a vegetarian when she first knew her in the 90s, it was something that happened prior to her 2010 return. But the real fun was from seeing some of the reactions, especially Justin who was clearly absolutely loving the "new" Marilyn and egging her on. ("It's even better with bacon.") His reactions to Irene offering her a paid holiday were great as well.

Absolutely no interest in, shock horror, Dean and Ziggy haven't had sex today. (Okay, it's been more than a day, but the way they were going on...) The pay-off of them deciding to do it in a hospital bed with a curtain closed was rather crass, although given that their first time was under a tree, it's probably classy by their standards.

Ryder is making a perfect straight man to Theo's rather obnoxious showmanship. He sort of claimed a win with the chillis, but might have been better off slowing down... It's hard to tell what Chloe made of that kiss. Mixed feelings perhaps but she took her time pulling away.

Hey

Been a while since I've been looking for a song from H&A and this one goes back a few months (just catching up now as we've just got back from a long overdue vacation). Episode 7627 I believe: What is the song that plays at the very end in the 'next time' trailer. The only lyrics in the snippet were "We never thought that we'd ever make it this far"?

I hope (and presume) Dan is going to figure this out for me as he always has done in the past :)

My thoughts you could just say Marilyn has changed because  she’s just annoyed with life I can releate there 

Now I have taken part in the ghost reaper chill challenge and it’s only the one chill trust that’s hot enough and you eat the ice cream afterwards not while eating the chill ?

Dean you don’t have to climb stairs to have sex just saying But my word Ziggy boxing was very cringeworthy 

And I’m not sure why Flick thought it was a good idea to run off 

I had forgotten about Maz getting smashed on Chloe & Ryders's cocktails, but she still isn't a regular imbiber so actually it is a surprise seeing her  ordering an alcoholic drink in the morning.  I think someone mentioned she had just come out of hospital that morning so would still have whatever drugs she would have been given in her system  so another reason for Mac not to put the vodka in it.  Was this 'new' Marilyn flirting with Justin when she told him he was quite good looking. ?  I was unsure how long Maz had been a vegetarian, she certainly wasn't when us oldies first 'met' her but couldn't remember she did become one.  She did appear to enjoy her beef burger and am I being picky or just confused when Irene later referred to it as a hamburger? Don't quite seeing how Maz staying with Irene and Jas is getting away from it to have a break and recover? Methinks the tension will be be pretty high. 

It will save Ryder from having to look after her, especially as he is now on her hit list, reminding him he owes her money and when is she going to get it.  True he will be rattling round the house on his own but someone has to be there.  

Did smile at the look on Ryder & Chloe's faces when Maz kicked off her high heels when walking home.  She's also had a change of wardrobe as well, no make up, hair au natural. Everyone walking on eggshells round her,  who's going to be first to crack?

I wondered if Maz wanting her loan repaid is what prompted Ryder into accepting Theo's challenge.  Luckily that neither of them are allergic to chillis.  Ryder couldn't afford to slow down, could he? Theo is really pushing my tolerance buttons.   Urm that kiss, Chloe may not have pulled away right off, but Theo must have had some chilli breath!?

On 22/01/2022 at 01:15, Red Ranger 1 said:

Alf's episode count this week:Three. Another fairly sparse week: The only other ones to make three were Irene, Leah, Marilyn and Justin.

Did I blink and miss it, or was that "You've never ordered a burger before"/"I've never thrown a punch before either" exchange in the promo and the recap but not actually in the episode? Some of the reaction to Marilyn is a bit misaimed. It's not that long since she got drunk on Ryder and Chloe's cocktails, so I don't see why her ordering a bloody mary was taken as a sign she'd been abducted by aliens or why Mackenzie felt the need to slip her a tomato juice instead. And Irene saying Marilyn's been a vegetarian as long as she can remember suggests she's the one that needs to get checked out, because Marilyn wasn't a vegetarian when she first knew her in the 90s, it was something that happened prior to her 2010 return. But the real fun was from seeing some of the reactions, especially Justin who was clearly absolutely loving the "new" Marilyn and egging her on. ("It's even better with bacon.") His reactions to Irene offering her a paid holiday were great as well.

Absolutely no interest in, shock horror, Dean and Ziggy haven't had sex today. (Okay, it's been more than a day, but the way they were going on...) The pay-off of them deciding to do it in a hospital bed with a curtain closed was rather crass, although given that their first time was under a tree, it's probably classy by their standards.

Ryder is making a perfect straight man to Theo's rather obnoxious showmanship. He sort of claimed a win with the chillis, but might have been better off slowing down... It's hard to tell what Chloe made of that kiss. Mixed feelings perhaps but she took her time pulling away.

I also picked up on that line not being in the actual episode! It was bizarre! And it was so funny in the promo, I was waiting for it!! 

Not sure why Irene felt the need to point out to Marilyn that the burger had real cheese.  I thought Marilyn pretty much carried the episode on Friday.  I also loved Justin egging her on.  And I liked the change of appearance.  I'm not sure how long she's going to be like this but you would imagine it can't be indefinitely.  Although they did have Coleen frequently making tactless remarks throughout her existence so........

After 33 years, you would think we have seen every side to a character but Marilyn Chambers is the gift that keeps on giving!! I howled through most of that episode!!! Shoplifting in Yabbie Creek (wait till Madge Wilkins hears about this) ????? and I can completely understand her reasoning!! Her comments to Jas were hilarious (and true!) Irene’s expressions were brilliant!! This is such a breath of fresh air. 

My only wish is that Emily had as much fun playing this as we are having watching it but she hated it and spent most of her time apologising as she was mortified!

Yep, Irene was in over her head dealing with a Marilyn who really shouldn't be allowed out on her own. I'm guessing her headaches are going to be significant at some point. (If you're on television, a headache is never just a headache...) She did seem completely oblivious to Jasmine's reaction: I'd actually forgotten about Lewis! Hmm, dating two murderers, arguably three, is not really a good track record...

Talking of which, while I'm not expecting Cash to have any literal skeletons in his past, he does seem to have set up a rather one-sided deal with Darren, leaving Jasmine to pass on information to him.

Ryder uncovers one piece of foul play by Theo at least. It's hard to know what to make of his interest in Chloe. I don't think it's solely about Ryder, but it's hard to see anything really deep about his feelings.

Archived