2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Giving Theo the benefit of the doubt is a dangerous idea, but it does seem to be in his best interests to make this arrangement with Ryder work. His posting the video of Ryder ranting online isn't a great start, but Ryder will at least have some control over what they do this time.I'm not sure he's earned enough credit yet for Leah to pressure Justin into giving him the day off though.

So, yeah, the one suspect in the Whodunnit apparently did it. We still don't know what the heck Anne's motivation is.I'm wondering if maybe she's got some jealousy thing going on in that Anne was the more popular friend that all the guys went for: Maybe she made a play for Tane as Felicity's latest conquest, only to get annoyed when he dismissed her on meeting her. Cash and Jasmine's attitude kind of defied logic. Cash was so convinced Felicity was innocent that he destroyed the evidence against her, yet when some more evidence against her is found, he suddenly acts as though he thinks she's guilty? Does it not occur to him that if one piece of evidence was planted, then another piece might be as well? (He even pointed out that the receipt was a fairly weak attempt at a fit-up, yet doesn't seem to realise that this could be a stronger one!)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be dim but how is Ryder, Theo and maybe Chloe setting up these stunts going to bring cash in?? Do people sponsor them?  Ryder's got his head screwed on by making the proviso no-one gets hurt (and what they do is legal I guess goes without saying) and an even split, he & Chloe aren't getting anything from the deal.  Not been mentioned of course but what are Leah and Justin going to think about it when they find out?  I did get the feeling Theo has done this sort of thing before.  Maybe going against the flow but I want to see Ryder & Chloe back together, he's good for her  and keeps her grounded, while she has the initial bright ideas and gets them going. 

Anne certainly had everyone fooled by pretending to be Flick's bf and being there for her, the ducking out of giving her an alibi aside of course.  That was a bad slip by her posting on Nik's page when she knew Flick was continuously  checking her phone.  She didn't seem the least bit phased when Flick challenged her and her sneering "prove it" makes you wonder what was behind it all.   I don't buy her it was Tane being abusive to her at the club, because if that was their first meeting it was an extreme over reaction.  It wouldn't explain the sudden bombardment of roses and her throwing her so called best mate under the bus. Did she really intend to kill Tane? If the gas hadn't got into the air con system them upstairs wouldn't have been affected and the de-con team wouldn't have been called  out and Tane wouldn't have been found when he was. 

I didn't quite see Cash's behaviour as suddenly not believing her, but he's stuck between a rock and a hard place, he's been warned off by Detective Nasser as being too close and it being  a conflict of interest.  He must know she's not stupid enough to leave such incriminating evidence lying around in her van, she's the sister of a cop after all. I'm not going to ask about fingerprints because of course there won't be any. Of course it does raise the question of how Anne got both the receipt and bottle in the van.  Is it the age old problem of people not locking their doors??  We saw Flick telling Cash who the real culprit is and he  looked very dubious, but Jasmine is a witness to Anne the only one being in hearing distance when Flick blurted out about the burning of the receipt which is now of course on social media and will be seen by the cops at some point.  That will mean big trouble for Cash. 

I'm not talking about the latest batch of roses Tane received.  Shortly after Tane came to, he had a flashback of the attack and recalled the perpetrator dropping a rose on him.  As he received roses previously and assumed it was Felicity, he didn't connect it to her and assumed she wasn't behind the attack despite the fact that he adamant Felicity was the one sending them (Of course she's not responsible but Tane is not subject to the same info as the audience).

Didn't like the way Alf was banging on Felicity's door last week.  I haven't liked Alf at all as of late (regardless of Martha) although given that there were other people up perhaps it was late morning or early afternoon.  Anne did seem genuine when she was talking with Felicity, upset that dropped Felicity in it because as should couldn't provide an alibi as the Federal police were involved.  The way they were in that scene and some of the scenes previously I wondered whether Anne possibly had a thing for her although again (to reiterate the point made previously) that still contradicted Anne framing Felicity.  It's all rather moot now though.  Have to say Anne was playing a blinder up to the point she posted details of the burnt receipt online.  It will be interesting to see what the actual motive is for her trying to kill Tane although she's already kind of given that away (possibly insinuating something happened with them).

In the police interview initially, Felicity said that she moved on as soon as Tane made it clear.  Not sure I agree with that.  I quite like Detective Nasser's calm and collected approach.  Far more preferable to the detective investigating Susie's death.

I do sympathise with Cash as he's in an extremely difficult position.  From his perspective it looks as though Felicity's guilty and he feels as though he's made the wrong decision burning the receipt.  Jasmine I'm just finding annoying and objectively you can argue she's helping them to pervert to course of justice.

Wow...Theo has actually been..OK in the last couple of episodes.  I do wonder if he's one of those troubled kids that just needs guidance.  I recall saying how annoying he was re Ryder and someone made the point that Chloe was worse.  I do find I have to agree with this.  I still think he's a pr*ck and I don't like him but I don't think he has the spite Chloe does.  A lot of things he does seem to be out of impulsiveness and foolishness rather than malice.  In saying that when they got on I really liked the whole Chloe/Ryder/Theo trio.  I think it worked really well.  It's a shame their feelings for Chloe could potentially ruin it as I think it's a really good dynamic.  To me it's far better than anything with Nikau/Bella.

11 hours ago, H&Alover said:

I may be dim but how is Ryder, Theo and maybe Chloe setting up these stunts going to bring cash in?

It was kind of glossed over in half a line, but it sounded like people have to pay to watch the videos.

Well, we're still no closer to knowing why Anne did what she did. I don't think there's any genuine history between her and Tane, he acted as though he'd never seen her before at the club, I think she's built it all up in her mind. Cash seems to veer back and forth on whether he believes Felicity or not within the same scene, and is being a bit economical in what he's telling Darren. So, has Felicity done a runner? It wouldn't be entirely unbelievable.I'm not sure what had changed since that morning for the police to let her go and then go and arrest her again!

Jasmine challenging Nikau would have carried more weight if I didn't suspect she did it partly because his accusing Felicity of something she didn't do has provided a platform for Cash to be accused of something he actually did do. Bella was more rational and almost got through to him, although I'm still not sure why she bothers with him. Unfortunately, Darren's jumping of the gun has left him feeling he's got a license to carry on: His latest stunt could see Felicity attacked in the streets.I really hope there's some charges waiting for him at the end of this...

23 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It was kind of glossed over in half a line, but it sounded like people have to pay to watch the videos.

They're monetised, so as with Youtube they get revenue from any ads that play before/during/after the video.

They've made it look particularly easy for a startup though, the algorithms on their site must be far more generous than Youtube ?

I remain pretty annoyed with Nikau.  It's actually very frustrating despite Bella trying to reason with him multiple times throughout that episode, he continues the targeted campaign.  I'm sick to my back teeth of him and actually hope he gets charged too.  If he was smart he would steal Theo's ideas and use his online popularity to make vast sums of cash.  However, we have another case where he's clearly in the wrong but says something that is essentially truthful.  Jasmine's main motivation behind protecting Felicity is that she's shagging Cash.  It's also worth pointing out she's more concerned about these trolls than the fact there's is a potential killer on the lose.  Although I guess it's to be expected as if she had her way, Tane would be in the mortary, so the sex must be good.

Good to see Tane out.  One benefit is that as the emphasis is on him it nullifies the Ari/Mia stuff a bit.

Anne seemed to imply something happened with Tane previously.  I wonder if it was a one night stand where he was so drunk he didn't remember her and perhaps that's why she felt she was doing it for herself and Felicity.  Still doesn't explain her planting evidence on her supposed best mate.  When Felicity questioned Anne about it, Anne seemed surprised she hadn't figured it out.  I'm assuming Felicity hasn't departed Summer Bay permanently.

I was very pleased with Tane's attitude here.From the last few episodes, I thought that remembering the rose had caused him to change his mind and decide Felicity was guilty after all.But no, he's sticking to his guns and insisting that he doesn't think it's her and she shouldn't be subjected to a factless trial by social media.That said, him hiding the rose was ridiculous: We know it was probably Anne that did it, but it means either the person behind the poisoning is still around or there's a copycat, either of which the police need to know about.Mackenzie, typically, seems convinced of Felicity's guilt (it'd be nice for her to remember that she was accused of blowing up the food truck for similar reasons), but at least she gave Bella a good ear to bend. When Bella told Nikau to choose between his social media campaign and her, I was actually hoping he'd choose to carry on and they'd break up, but I guess I'll have to settle for him being a bit less of an obnoxious twerp for a while.

Talking of, I didn't actually mind the way Alf spoke to Felicity last week, but him snapping at John here seemed completely uncalled for, even if he is worried about Martha and Marilyn. Mackenzie acted as a surprisingly good sounding board for Logan. By the end, Marilyn's awake but not as we know her. Although her being rude to John isn't that out of character...

6 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I was very pleased with Tane's attitude here.From the last few episodes, I thought that remembering the rose had caused him to change his mind and decide Felicity was guilty after all.But no, he's sticking to his guns and insisting that he doesn't think it's her and she shouldn't be subjected to a factless trial by social media.That said, him hiding the rose was ridiculous: We know it was probably Anne that did it, but it means either the person behind the poisoning is still around or there's a copycat, either of which the police need to know about.Mackenzie, typically, seems convinced of Felicity's guilt (it'd be nice for her to remember that she was accused of blowing up the food truck for similar reasons), but at least she gave Bella a good ear to bend. When Bella told Nikau to choose between his social media campaign and her, I was actually hoping he'd choose to carry on and they'd break up, but I guess I'll have to settle for him being a bit less of an obnoxious twerp for a while.

Talking of, I didn't actually mind the way Alf spoke to Felicity last week, but him snapping at John here seemed completely uncalled for, even if he is worried about Martha and Marilyn. Mackenzie acted as a surprisingly good sounding board for Logan. By the end, Marilyn's awake but not as we know her. Although her being rude to John isn't that out of character...

I think Tane is a great character. He has really matured since he first arrived and has shown great development. He also handled the Ziggy break up really well.

Marilyn was hilarious in the promo! If not a bit shocking as it’s so out of character! 

I actually felt sorry for John in that episode and it's reached the point where I find very little remotely likeable about Alf.  He's just a miserable, grumpy old man.  I was actually quite annoyed with Marilyn until I saw the preview.  I did find Irene taken aback at her outburst to John quite amusing.

More positively, I did like the scene with John and Nikau when he was egging Nikau on to open the thank you card from one of his admirers.  Very surprised Nikau's agreed to completely quit social media as it's so ingrained into youngsters nowadays.

Whilst I also like Tane not believing Felicity is responsible, I'm not sure why he's so adamant.  He says he spent time with Felicity which was essentially them meeting up and having sex.  Not sure they really connected on any level.  The only time Tane opened up was when he was in her van hiding from Cash and revealed his issue with the police.  Not sure that's really enough time for him to know her, especially when you have Cash who thought she was guilty initially who has known her a lot longer.  All the evidence suggests she did it and if you factor him believing she sent the roses with her absconding, I find it hard to understand.

I don't actually blame Mackenzie for thinking Felicity is responsible.  As Detective Nasser said there are no other leads.  Irene said Felicity wasn't responsible because Jasmine said so.  Not sure about Bella.  She's not really giving an opinion so she's probably reserving judgement.

Archived