2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Nik did have his own idea about who it was before he went storming off and I don't think Cash would be allowed to give any  clues as to who the suspect(s) may be. 

If Flick hadn't any sort of bad girl history it wouldn't be a problem, but Cash knows her better so of course she is worried about not having an alibi.  Anna, apparently her name even if we didn't hear it, wasn't that keen at first - I wonder why?  

Bernice was a sweetie wasn't she and I liked how Justin didn't think it wasn't  macho  to be seen walking along hand in hand with her. ?   Leah has got her way then.  Theo appears to be viewing staying at Leah & Justin's as a cushy billet, all meals provided, laundry done for him.  but he did to think on his feet when he went to hand Chloe the sunflower and Ryder suddenly appeared, sorry I still don't like him, Theo not Ryder.  I believe Chloe's version over Theo's any day, myself I think he was just bragging to Nik, but has he forgotten Ryder is Nik's friend he certainly didn't look impressed. Chloe wasn't either as we saw so maybe he doesn't get all he wanted.

I know some people didn't want Chloe and Ryder together but I thought he was good for her, her Jiminy Cricket, so I think it's sad she felt they couldn't go on as he wasn't sure about them as a couple.  I wonder what that means for their business, has is come to  an end or could they carry on together as just business partners? There is still the debt to pay back. 

It was Ari that cut ties with Mia when he went inside and maybe Mia thought it would be less painful for her and Chloe to not see the rest of the Parata family after.?  It was a mad idea of her thinking she could adopt just under her name, even if it had succeeded how was she going to explain Ari's appearance at a not so later date? 

Great introduction between Ziggy and Theo, yes I'm being sarcastic, has he really not seen or heard of her before? It was a super putting him in his place speech!?  

Lovely scenes with Ryder and his gramps, it has to be frustrating and worrying for him, Alf's not the most patient guy in the bay.  I'm guessing Roo was at home getting some sleep. 

I guess it's going to be a wait and see time for Martha and Tane, as I said Tane is a fit, young guy, but Martha is older, not that ought to have anything to do with it, but her health hasn't always been good. I hope TPTB ignore any - 'oh I'm bored, they're dragging it out' people and keep it real. They did and are doing it with Dean, it takes as long as it takes. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One good thing about the break was not having to see Theo's smug expression.  I was pretty much resigned to the fact he would be moving in previously and once Leah recovered yesterday thought it would be imminent.  I suspect Justin will struggle initially and regret allowing Theo to stay but it will be interesting to see how he deals with it going forward.

Another thing I'd forgotten was Ryder's birthday.  I remember grinning through the obvious awkwardness with him and Chloe, in particular how everybody else noticed it as well when they were sitting at the table.  And the awkwardness was still there when they first saw each other.  I have to say it feels very much like a cop out with her.  She obviously fancies Theo but is using Ryder doubting her as an excuse to get out of the relationship (Notice the difference in reactions from Chloe when she saw Ryder at the Diner and when she saw Theo at the hospital).  If it was the other way round and Ryder spent the whole night with a girl it would be reasonable for her to question if anything happened.

Like Tane, Nikau was out of line laying into Felicity like that.  From his perspective I can see why he think she's responsible but he was being an aggressive idiot and should just let the cops deal with it.  I did quite like  Felicity's conversation on the beach summarising, how even though it was a hookup, she liked Tane (Well really liked him) and was trying to understand how things got so bad.  Well the targetting of Tane didn't help from whoever drugged him and released the pesticide, but even before that she was a little obsessed with him and I guess Mackenzie didn't help matters.  Have to say, something about Felicity's mate bothers me.

I was quite enjoying Ryder and Chloe's amicable split but they really couldn't keep it up. So we get Chloe acting the victim while both she and Nikau are too dumb to realise that Theo's been stirring. I'm not sure how much I should read into Chloe saying Bella didn't like her stealing Ryder from her: Up until now, it's seemed as though Bella hasn't liked Chloe getting in the way of her spending time with Nikau. Given that no-one knew about the break-up, why did Nikau assume Ryder wouldn't be with Chloe when he invited Theo back?

Ziggy didn't fare much better at trying to keep Theo in line. Is she really not going to tell Justin and Leah about him stealing from customers and throwing sickies? Most lads Theo's age would probably be pleased to have Ziggy as a co-worker rather than a burly bloke, but he seemed disappointed: I guess he was hoping for someone who'd join in with his scams.

I want to smack him too Slade. I think there is a decent guy in there somewhere, not just very apparent at the moment.   I don't see Chloe fancying Theo at all, he's different to Ryder so that may be why she's drawn to him, but she has a grown up  side to her that he doesn't have.  She'd never rip anyone off, and no  I haven't forgotten about her and Ryder using the Diners kitchen for their business but they weren't taking the money they made for themselves. 

OK Theo didn't come right out and say he and Chloe had slept together but the implication was certainly there with  his "I don't kiss and tell" remark and wink.  Ryder and Chloe had agreed their split as a couple shouldn't affect their business as it was more important than they were and they could work as friends, then Bella dropped that bombshell and the look Ryder gave Chloe seems to have put paid to that. 

There was a clash between Chloe and Bella when they first met as each of them thought the other was taking up too much of Nik's time.  I think Nik was surprised about Ryder being with Chloe was because the last he knew they weren't really speaking.

I was willing to give Theo the benefit of the doubt when he had his first migraine, but not this time, far too convenient it came on when  he saw Nik on his phone with Ryder, Bella and Chloe in the background.  Theo was a right idiot assuming someone who he's just met would be up for his scam ? I was wondering if she'd mention it to Justin, but she may ask if he is OK as he had to go home as he had a migraine and be told he didn't come home.  We know he turned up at the Surf Club, how's he going to explain that?

Btw how much of  a twerp, clean version, was that guy Theo was ripping off, he gives his card details along with the security number to someone he's never spoken to before!??

Good to see Dean back on his feet if only for a while until Bella knocked him flying.  He was impressed with  how well Nik had been doing and it must have done him good to get out of the house be busy,  It wasn't as if he'd be surfing just mostly sitting at the desk.   

It was good Roo managed to get Alf to go home, a proper sleep and a shower/bath would make him feel better.  Roo was right Martha would be behind telling him to get some rest. 

It's a shame Jai's not around.  Even though it was all sorted, again thinking back before the break found it quite amusing when Ziggy overheard him saying he only wanted it to be him and Dean.

I was a little surprised we didn't get a mention from Ziggy with regards to Tane being hospitalised.  I know she was in love with Dean the whole time they were together but I always thought she cared about Tane.  Dean did mention it but that was because he was working with Nikau and was obliged to ask considering the work Nikau had put in whilst Dean has been recovering.  I'm actually glad him and Nikau are getting on and the business appears to be doing well.

I wasn't sure Chloe and Ryder's had actually....broken up.  I couldn't understand why Ryder would want to square things with Theo and couldn't decide if he genuinely wanted to be the better person or he was doing it purely for Chloe's benefit.  I agree about Nikau falling for Theo stirring the pot but I was more bothered about Bella opening her big mouth although as Nikau said to her previously she is biased for obvious reasons.

Alf's episode count this week: Five! Tane was in two but was comatose throughout.

(And boy, does it feel for good to have the weeks actually be weeks again, even though they wasted the obvious end of week cliffhanger by making it the last but one scene!)

I dunno, am I expecting too much of Cash here? It feels as though he thinks Felicity did it but is sticking his head in the sand instead of following up on it. I mean, we don't really know what his status is on the case and we haven't seen him talking to any of his colleagues about it (he seemed to be chatting to the federal police today but we didn't hear the conversation), but there still seems to be something slightly disingenuous about his whole innocent "Did Tane have any enemies?" act. Anyway, assuming Felicity didn't do it, which I am, it would now appear she's actively being framed. I guess the elephant in the room is that Anne (who I think was introduced by name when she met Ryder and the others?) was at her caravan a couple of episodes ago, although I'm struggling to think of a motive. I wondered if she was going after Tane to protect Felicity, but then why frame her? Is it Felicity she has a problem with and Tane's just a convenient tool?

Maybe Bella should have got her facts straight, but she had no reason to assume Nikau was misrepresenting what he'd been told, so I don't have a problem with her saying what she did, even though the episode seemed to treat her as having been in the wrong.It was nice to see some interaction between her and Ziggy: Chloe's never really worked as a female friend for her, so her collection of surrogate big pictures are the best she's got. Ziggy chatting about wanting to visit Tane was a bit weird: It's all right for her to say the split's amicable when she's the one that cheated, but I'm not sure he'd be that pleased to see her!

And yep, Marilyn decides to wait until she's on the floor with her phone conveniently (or inconveniently from her point of view) out of reach before trying to call for help...

Yes, it is good to have full week back that matches the Aus weeks.??

Dean finally managed to get a word in edgeways to tell Ziggy he'd been hurt but she immediately jumped to the wrong conclusion, it had nothing to do with him going back too early, he just got in the way of Bella.  Maybe Ziggy has mentioned Tane in an off screen moment?  Does make it a moot point anyway about her going to see him as not even family are allowed into Tane's room and not sure how welcome she would be if she rocked up. 

Nik appears to have done too good a job in drumming up business for the surfing lessons and Dean is struggling to find enough teachers to cover the customers.  On one hand a good idea from Ziggy she covers weekends, as she does know what she is doing, but is she insured to teach people who are actually paying money, not the same as teaching friends or people she knows for free. 

Chloe and Ryder did finish or rather Chloe said they should and just be friends for the sake of the business, though that could be in doubt now Ryder looked as if he doubted her saying nothing happened between her and Theo after what Bella said. I certainly got the impression Theo meant Nik to get the implication he'd slept with Chloe by what he said so not surprising that Nik did.  

Officially Felicity isn't even a suspect yet, so far all we've got is Cash suspecting her and as for evidence is Jasmine finding that receipt from the chemical company  and her putting two and two together.  If/when Flick does become a suspect others in the force would or should deal with it. First call is contact Alchemy whatever  and ask who placed the order when and how did they pay.  The Feds being involved may just be  because toxic chemicals were used which is more the weapon terrorists would use not a spurned lover or someone accused of being as stalker.  That is if it was intended to hurt others and not just Tane.  Well Tane does have a few people he's upset.   

Seems those who appeared less affected by the gas are now getting side effects if that is what is behind Marilyn's collapse.  It's another one of soaps cliches Red that of course a phone has to be just out of reach when someone collapses when they are alone, didn't that happen to Mack a while back when she collapsed at the farm? 

That was much better with Ziggy asking Bella about Tane and even wanting to go and visit him at the hospital.  Felicity did seem genuinely concerned for him when she was asking Jasmine about Tane and even wanted to see him herself although luckily Cash was able to talk her out of it.

I've found Jasmine annoying but I do have to admit, I found it funny when she discovered the receipt, clearly looked uncomfortable when she sat down to dine with Felicity, ate her food quickly and tried to make an excuse to leave (although it didn't work).

I do agree that logically given that the receipt for the pesticide was found in Felicity's caravan and it seems as though from what the audience has seen if Felicity isn't responsible for the pesticide being released and her mate went round to the caravan to see her, it does indicate Anne could be responsible for putting it there.  I can't really think of a motive either.  Whoever sent Tane the roses obviously tried to kill him and that started several weeks before he even first encountered Anne at the nightclub.  And if Anne's doing it to protect Felicity, there's also a big question mark over when she even knew about Tane because I got the impression, Felicity only mentioned him after he started to become aggressive towards her.  Although if Anne's not doing it for protection, it could be a jealousy thing so Felicity could have mentioned she was seeing Tane previously I guess.

Archived