2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

On 19/01/2022 at 02:03, Dan F said:

They're monetised, so as with Youtube they get revenue from any ads that play before/during/after the video.

They've made it look particularly easy for a startup though, the algorithms on their site must be far more generous than Youtube ?

Thanks for that Dan F.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Alf's property that was vandalised and not a good look for other vanners to see first thing, they would have to have been walking around with their eyes closed if it was later in the day. Felicity managed to clear it all off pretty quick no sign of it when the cops turned up later. 

Felicity was being economical with the truth about how she backed off from Tane when he  first called a halt on their fling/thing/relationship - take your pick of whatever it was.  She did keep approaching him but he thought, mistakenly or not, she wanted more and he wasn't over Ziggy so called a halt.  Then it got all 'she won't leave me alone' and 'he won't leave me alone'.    There has to be something that is 'telling' Tane it isn't Felicity despite what most people and the evidence is saying.   Quick aside, I see Flick fell into the locals habit of leaving the van door unlocked when Nasser turned up to arrest her, he, after knocking, just opened it.?  It would explain how Anne got in too - twice. 

Cash is doubting Flick about the post from Jane_D being  from Anne and Nasser doesn't think it's that important but how hard would it be for them to check out who she is - Jane_D standing for Jane Doe of course. 

It hasn't been said but should we gather from their talks that Anne and Flick have known each other  a while? ? Along with Flick, we're no clearer as to why Anne is doing it, if it was just a drunken one night stand which I'm not saying is right, and Tane  couldn't remember what she looked like let alone her name, it  doesn't explain her Fatal Attraction actions and throwing her 'best friend' under the bus.   From what we saw when Tane and first met it was just that a first meeting no previous contact between them. 

I think the police let Felicity out pending further investigations, they were waiting for the tox report on the sedatives to come back and then they got them so hence them coming back  to arrest her.   

Tane has been the sanest out of all the Parata clan seeing as it was him that got drugged and gassed, his hiding the rose showed to me he didn't want any more blame put on Felicity.  Good bit of continuity by him having the gauze over where he had his trachy.  Relief that Mia can open up again, wasn't the best timing when they had only just set the business up - I'm not being mercenary honest and they do have to coax people back in to prove it is safe.  Not surprising Tane had a panic attack/flashback being a tough guy doesn't exclude you from those sort of things.  He didn't pick up on Nik's comments about he's got it sorted, but must have found out later  hence his talk with him.   Bella hadn't options left but to issue the it or me ultimatum. Fairly sure it's not going to be as simple as him posting he's done with it and closing his account, not going to stop the rest of them carrying on.  Look at the site Leah about abused women, that took on a life of it's own. 

This gas certainly has  a variety of side effects - Martha's kidney troubles, Marilyn's paralysis, Irene on the other hand hasn't had  any. Mac's suggestion helped Logan see more things clearly, maybe he was overthinking things. At first Marilyn seemed OK, a little confused, but otherwise quite with it even telling Alf to go be with Martha. Talking of whom he didn't have to be so cruel to John, ordering him out, seeing as later he defended him to Marilyn by saying he'd been by her  side all the time she was out.  Then a complete turn around by Marilyn asking why John was there, bringing up Susie no wonder Logan looked confused.  Could the gas really have had such a dramatic effect? 

OK we saw Marilyn still had no feeling in her feet or legs yet there she is in the Diner the next day(?) ordering a beef burger made with cow. ? That's some recovery!  

Given that an officer brought Detective Nasser the toxicology report while he was interviewing Felicity, I still don't see what changed for them to let her go and then try to arrest her again.

It feels as though Alf has been shunted out of the way because he's the one person Marilyn might listen to. Whilst there is an aspect of "Neighbours wants their Evil Harold storyline back" (right down to the vegetarian ordering meat to show they're acting out of character), Marilyn's behaviour is kind of enjoyable in some ways. I don't recall her ever being teetotal, so no idea why Mackenzie was unspiking her drinks, unless she was worried about her drinking right after coming out of hospital. Irene, Leah and Justin looked downright scared of her!

I can't say I'm particularly bothered about Dean and Ziggy not having sex, although at least Logan actually came out and said the word after a series of gestures that were bordering on being more explicit... Dean's kind of taken him too literally: I don't think that being able to force yourself to walk up a flight of stairs in excruciating pain at every step would be a particularly good sign!

Maz does like the odd drink, it's just RARE we see her drink anything stronger than champers. We have yet for to make a move on some guy ala Harold/Izzy. Bet Emily's enjoying this brief run of "Bitch Mode" after 30+ years on and off playing a goody-two-shoes.

I can't say I'm particularly bothered about Dean/Ziggy per se at the minute.

I agree that Marilyn has been really funny but the best thing is not so much her but the reactions of the various characters she's interacting with.

Ziggy/Dean's bemusement at how bubbly she is after being paralysed and hospitalised with a very serious condition and inviting them to dine with her like nothing's happened.  Mackenzie making an excuse to get away when Marilyn ordered a cocktail, the subsequent snitching with the reinforcements turning up.  Best part was the Diner where she told John her issue with him was that he's breathing, complaining about the service then ordering a burger with meat.  It was brilliant seeing the sheer disbelief from Irene and Leah and the various changes of Justin's facial expressions.  I'm really curious to know if Marilyn actually goes through with eating the burger and if she will regret it at some point afterwards.  Regardless of how much alcohol Marilyn drinks her behaviour partly resembles someone that's been drinking in the sense that there's little self restraint and diplomacy when talking to people.

Found the Ziggy/Dean stuff like watching paint dry although I did quite like the chat with Logan and Dean.

Oh yeh, you spotted my deliberate mistake.   I will say even with his doubts Cash must know Felicity is a smart cookie and no way would she have left another piece of incriminating evidence in her van, she would have dumped it in a waste bin somewhere. 

Alf was the only one Marilyn was nice to, though who knows how she would have been later, she turned on Irene in The Diner.  No explanation of how she suddenly got the feeling in her legs and feet back overnight.  The hospital couldn't stop her leaving, it's not a prison, and as long as she had signed a disclaimer she could go. This behaviour can't all be down to the poisoning can it?

We have seen Marilyn without make up before but it still seems odd, another indication that all is not well, she did seem overly bright when she was talking to Dean & Ziggy and they looked askance at her too. 

Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't recall her being teetotal, but even so ordering a Bloody Mary in the morning was not her at all, enough for Mac to ring Logan and to dilute it, luckily as Maz had never had one before she didn't cotton on.   

Marilyn has been through  a bit during the years, had a miscarriage, lost her & Don's son, lost her memory when Hunter rigged the electrics at The Diner, burnt in one the fires John had set when he had his brain tumour, taken hostage.  

She has had her moments when she's been snippy with her friends, but this behaviour is way out there.  As an aside does it say something about The Diner's menu when Irene remarked Marilyn knows it off by heart??  Her snide little comment about how long does it take to get served in here and the dig about them all looking at her.  The way she spoke to John was downright cruel and he didn't deserve that, they have had their ups and downs but before this they were back to being friends.  The best bit was her ordering a ? made from ?!  The only other time she's eaten meat was when she was suffering from amnesia.  Logan was right, he can't force her to go back to Hospital.  Be interesting to see how she gets on with Ryder when she gets home, I'm  guessing she hasn't been there yet. 

I must admit I enjoyed the Ziggy/Dean/Mac scenes. Tad embarrassing for Mac to hear about Ziggy fretting about how she and Dean hadn't been - um - close? since they had got back together due to his injury.  I do have to say those gym scenes were pretty steamy, no wonder Dean had to go and get some fresh air. ?    Blokes do tend to be more reticent about talking about - sex - or lack of - and it took a while for the penny to drop with Logan.   Of course he couldn't give a definitive answer, everyone is different, but yes the if you can walk up a flight of stairs without pain you can get back back to business was odd.? ?  Oh and we found out what that dressing on Dean's arm was for, he's due to have a skin graft, burns from the crash I'm guessing. 

Archived