2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Even though Irene was looking out for her I could understand Marilyn getting annoyed and having a go at her.  I was practically cheering when Marilyn called Jasmine out on her choice of men.  I made this point a while back but good to see someone in the show actually say it.  Yup, she only mentioned two out of four, leaving out Robbo and the stalker.  And yes, out of that quartet the stalker is the only one (as far as we're aware) who hasn't killed someone.

Similarly, I like how Jasmine tried to hide the fact it bothered her when Nasser told her about Cash disappearing for almost a year when Felicity went missing before.  I quite liked the way he asked her for an 'informal' chat - "I'd like to get your take on things".

Again, there is potential with the Ryder/Theo/Chloe trio but it looks set to be ruined by Chloe temporarily putting her feelings for Theo aside.  I quite liked Justin getting involved in their ideas.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing Irene meant the slices were from an actual block of cheese as  opposed to slices  of Dairylea or their equivalent in Australia, they are/were pretty plastic looking. ?  Maz went back to her usual chic look but but that is all that is recognisable about her.  Making tactless comments was part of Colleen's character, this is totally new for Marilyn.   If you wanted gossip spreading you told Colleen, but to be fair to her, if you told her not  to say anything she didn't. That  casually mentioned headache definitely must have more meaning to it. Wonder Irene didn't have one by the end of the day. Irene was maybe being OTT but Marilyn had only come out of the hospital, if that had been someone else she would have been the one hovering.  Really not Maz to reduce a till operator to tears just because she was serving her quick enough.   Did chuckle at her moan about the lumpy mattress - definitely wouldn't make for a good nights sleep - perhaps it is and no-one else has mentioned it to Irene before. 

Ouch, poor Jas didn't deserve that!  Though she does have a track record of dating guys who have a complicated background.  It all started with David, her ex turned stalker, then Mason, Colby then Robbo.  More recently of course Lewis now it seems Cash has things he hasn't told her about. 

I guess you were referring to Robbo's killing of Novak which to me was self defence.  

Good compromise suggestion by Leah, Irene backs off a tad but Marilyn agrees to letting Irene continue to keep an eye on her.  

Has Marilyn been holding in all these thoughts all this time and her accident has triggered something to say what she has been actually thinking?   But she has had head injuries before and nothing like this has occurred. 

Seems there is more of Maz in Emily than there is the other way round ter06.

It is debatable whether Cash should have informed Darren about going back to his home town rather than ring the local cops, but it could be argued they could spook her and she'd run off again, plus he'd know better than them where to look.  I'm not sure what Darren was hoping to gain about telling Jasmine about Cash dropping out of his training to go look for Felicity for 11 months but it didn't work.  I see they adopted the someone lurking in the background ploy with Cash, Jas and Darren. ? Odd to them, but not to us, that Anne hasn't heard from her.  She was ding her own bit of lurking. 

Good try Theo, but nowhere good enough. Borrowing the Pulsar would have got them in trouble, effectively stealing and if they had had an accident and/or damaged it that would be the insurance down the gurgler.  I think he may have blown it with Chloe.  Inspired idea by Ryder of having a cocktail making challenge that is something he would win hands down.  Who are they going to get as an independent guinea pig taster? 

Maz bringing grog into the beach house ??‍♂️?

What I am also enjoying with this story is that Marilyn and Irene’s friendship is at the centre of it. They have known each other for 30 years and while they always have scenes together it’s usually at work. Marilyn tends to pair up more with Roo and Irene with Leah so to see them at the beach house (where they lived together in the 90s) and having all these non work related scenes is lovely.

The singing bowl bit was hilarious (not so much for Irene and Jas) however, The Brandy was over the line. That's pretty much Irene's ONE house rule. I like a drop as much as the next person but wouldn't flagrantly disregard house rules as a  houseguest.

I guess Ryder and Theo are two challenges away from "Whose is Bigger?"

Marilyn just seems to have no filter: It's like she's being brutally honest and doesn't understand why no-one appreciates it.  She opened up a bit to Irene and Jasmine during the night but then it was on to breaking the no alcohol rule. I hope she hides it away in her room.

The show seems to be getting confused as to who believes or knows what. We've been told that Jasmine has been telling Irene that Flick didn't do it, yet this episode it's as though Tane's doubts were the first they'd heard of anyone not thinking she's guilty.Also, did Cash not tell Jasmine that Felicity had said Anne was behind it? I'd have expected her to be a bit wary at being approached by her but she was completely casual. It feels like we're being drip-fed Anne's motivation: There does seem to be an element of jealousy, given her "if only he'd looked at me the way he looked at you" comment, and Tane didn't question her claim that they'd met a few times, when we've only seen them meat once before. And it ends with Tane and Felicity in a situation that Adam West's Batman might have had trouble with...

The challenges thing is okay, but I'm finding it hard to empathise with Theo's "Chloe doesn't like me" moping. Still, I did like Justin in the role of a literal agony uncle!

The way Marilyn is acting at the moment I wouldn’t be surprised if she tries hitting on Justin. 

Of course I understand it would ruin friendships but it would make good drama and I always think it’s exciting when a person you least expect does something out of character. 

^ Maz in this mode would probably twist it and saying he was staring down her cleavage or something or be intentionally flirting and telling Leah to lighten up.

Also, I'm amazed Emily DIDN'T relish this fter having played Maz as a certain way for so long.  Usually actors who play Goody-Two-Shoes get a tad bored and want a shakeup

Just before Irene told Marilyn the burger had real cheese, she said it had real meat.  This implies that Marilyn doesn't eat either.  Marilyn is a vegetarian so she can have dairy products.  I suspect Irene confused being a vegetarian with being a vegan.

I did feel sorry for Marilyn when she woke Jasmine/Irene up and told them her fears about going to sleep and not waking up.  Although it was literally a jaw dropping moment, when she brought the alcohol and couldn't understand why Irene would have a problem with it.

Again, Jasmine gets and takes the credit where it isn't due.  I'm surprised she was so civil to Tane when she saw him.  If Tane's going by his gut with Felicity that's fair enough, despite the evidence.

It's confirmed Anne is a fruit loop.  She did play a blinder again.  So convincing.  I really liked how worried for Felicity Tane was and vice versa.  And I loved the scene where they apologised to each other.  I was hoping for a reconciliation.  So hopefully they will be friends.

Wow, role reversal - Justin defending Theo and Leah being the cynical one.  Again I liked Justin's involvement in the Theo/Ryder challenges.  Seems as though Theo is effectively becoming a replacement for Mason.

On 22/01/2022 at 14:13, FrancoPabloDiablo said:

Hey

Been a while since I've been looking for a song from H&A and this one goes back a few months (just catching up now as we've just got back from a long overdue vacation). Episode 7627 I believe: What is the song that plays at the very end in the 'next time' trailer. The only lyrics in the snippet were "We never thought that we'd ever make it this far"?

I hope (and presume) Dan is going to figure this out for me as he always has done in the past :)

I don't keep copies of the UK promos unfortunately, so can't help on this occasion!

Well, brothers to the rescue! I did wonder how Anne was going to spin this one: A murder-suicide might have convinced Summer Bay's finest, although even they may have realised Tane and Felicity had both been tied up. Her motivation (basically being upset she wasn't considered totty-worthy) was paper-thin but that was the point. I thought she acted as though she'd never seen Tane before when he came to pick up Ryder, which is a bit odd if she's meant to have been there while he and Felicity were hooking up. (I seem to remember Felicity approached him with a "My friends" line: Might that have been genuine?) I almost wish Cash's five minute retirement had stuck, but maybe the Paratas will get on better with this senior constable than they did the last one!

So if Emily Symons didn't enjoy this storyline, does that mean she's perfectly fine with Marilyn being nasty to John the rest of the time? Her brandy didn't last long but Irene really should have pulled back on the lecturing.

Chloe's father: He hasn't been mentioned at all up until now, with her acting as though Ari was the only father figure she'd known, so that's a blank canvas to explore.

Archived