2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

It’s quite amusing that Flicks only friend is Tanes stalker and she planted the reciet in her van and Flick has no idea it’s her how dim are these people and Cash thinks a lot of his sister to suspect her that’s jolly nice 

What else oh yes Marylin 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind Siri: Much like Mackenzie before her, Marilyn apparently spent hours lying there fully conscious and unable to crawl a couple of centimetres to her phone.She even manages to touch the bag strap and it looked like she was seconds away from getting the phone, only to give up! Oh well, Mackenzie found her and got her to hospital, not that it's done her that much good as that makes three of them in there. I guess it sounds like Martha's improving but we didn't see her.

Cash seems to be swinging from one extreme to the other.I appreciate he did, finally, tell Darren about the AVO, although he didn't really have much choice.But even Felicity looked aghast at him burning the receipt.I hope he's at least going to pass on the information about where the pesticide came from so his colleagues can follow up on that.

12 hours ago, pembie said:

It’s quite amusing that Flicks only friend is Tanes stalker and she planted the reciet in her van and Flick has no idea it’s her how dim are these people and Cash thinks a lot of his sister to suspect her that’s jolly nice 

We don't know yet if Anne is the stalker/behind the pesticide attack. 

SIRI - oh hysterical. 

Marilyn may not have been conscious all the time  and she couldn't move her legs to help her crawl nearer and as I said before it's soapland law for things like that to happen. Mack actually brought up the fact the same thing happened to her but at last she was inside.  Once it was discovered what had happened to Marilyn shouldn't Irene be concerned considering, and not being ageist here, she is older and therefore could  be more vulnerable than Marilyn.   Logan was great with her, professional, but caring and trying to reassure her, not lying when asked if it could be the toxin.  Both her and Irene were fine when they were discharged. 

OK John obviously has done his three days which is why we didn't see him, but surely someone would have mentioned he's been told about Marilyn. ?   I liked how Alf went to see her and just at the right time as it turned out. 

I don't think Cash had a choice about telling Darren about the AVO either, he would have found out about it later at the station when looking into possible suspects behind the attack on Tane.  At last Cash did what should have been one of the first things to do, ring the supplier.  Didn't help much as it was an online order so the orderer could have just given initials.  I missed where it was actually delivered to.  Another thing wouldn't there be prints on the receipt aside from Jas', Cash's, Flick's as Cash handed it to her and whoever handled it at the suppliers??    Won't know now as Cash has burnt it. Shouldn't the supplier have queried why whoever it was wanted this pesticide if it was that toxic?

Cash burning that receipt could back to bite him on the bum when someone else at at Yabby Creek rings the supplier and are told oh 'one of  your guys rang already'.  He did give his name, well he would have had to. Darren seems a competent cop, patiently 'chasing' Flick for an interview, not coming on too heavy. As Flick still isn't a suspect Cash hasn't been told to back off.

No reason why Flick could think of anyone who would fit her up like this, she's a smart girl so no way would she have just left the receipt in her van, she would have put it into the general rubbish or burnt it.  Flick was having a full on panic attack there when she was on her own, more to her background story than that we already know about. 

Although we are back to a full week, and two months behind Aus, it's not helping that Aussie's are getting six episodes a week (three on a Thursday) so we're still out of sync weekly episodes wise.

I am feeling sorry for Felicity - Alf snapping at her re Cash, Jasmine doubting her and even Cash wasn't sure about her innocence.  Whilst I found Jasmine annoying even in yesterday's episode, her persistence with Cash does seem to have made him decide Felicity isn't responsible now.

I'm surprised Detective Nasser isn't suspicious of Felicity given how she reacted on the 2 occasions when he asked her for an interview.

I was taken aback when Cash burnt the receipt.  Can't really blame him and I am actually glad he's supporting his sister but when he finds out she's got a fake alibi, he's not going to be too happy about it.

Seems as though Roo is getting suss about Felicity as well - I'm assuming there's no way this storyline is going to progress without Felicity being a prime suspect at some point.  I just hope they don't drag it out like the existing Emmerdale storyline with Meena.

Not sure where to start with all that. John is one of the last to know about Marilyn, which at least explains why he was hanging around the surf club instead of going to see her. Logan gets the Head of ED job, so looks like he's got a reason other than Mackenzie to stick around. Martha seems in better shape than Marilyn on the surface but looks like she's far from fully recovered yet.

The main focus of Ziggy's disastrous surf lesson wasn't particularly enthralling and we don't even see the accident.After an episode of people encouraging Bella to make up with Nik, it ends with him demonstrating just why I don't understand what she's doing with him in the first place.

Despite the fact that Marilyn was at fault for their marriage breaking up, I can't really blame John for having a go at Irene not telling him about Marilyn being in hospital after she first found out.

Nikau's job doesn't seem that bad at all if he gets to hang out with hot girls.  Funny how Ziggy previously had a chat with Bella about being honest and she wanted Nikau to hide one of the girl's having an accident from Dean.  I do wonder if this will come back to bite Dean although the way the girl Nikau rescued was acting, I wasn't sure if she did it on purpose.  Ziggy said the girl hit her head so I'm assuming she just took advantage of the situation rather than planned it.

Really not keen on the idea of Nikau going after Felicity.  I was actually very surprised he didn't say anything about her being a possible suspect when John and Irene were talking about who could be responsible towards the end of the episode.  In spite of that he did make valid points about Cash which have been echoed in this thread since the investigation started.

Justin covering for Theo was just ridiculous. I'm not even sure what his reason was, unless he thought Leah wasn't in any condition to deal with more stress. (This was apparently her first day back at work following the chemical attack.) So I'm glad that Leah wasn't as blind as the episode was painting her and she knew exactly what was going on.

So, after all the angst, turns out Ziggy doesn't mind being fired at all! Not sure John really had the authority to tell Dean to do it, although he didn't put up much of an argument.

I wasn't expecting Tane to come round so quickly, apparently with very little in the way of ill-effects, although I guess he's already spent one week unconscious! Ari did a relatively decent job of talking Nikau down, but it didn't take long to turn him back into the town sheriff. Yes, they can't trust Cash to be honest, but Cash isn't the whole of the police.Nikau isn't interested in justice, he just wants to make someone suffer and doesn't even seem bothered about the facts. Once again, I'm left hoping that Bella does the smart thing and just keeps on walking, but given that this isn't even the worst Nikau's been this season, she'll probably keep on going back.

We would feel sorry for Flick as we know she's not guilty, but she hadn't done herself any favours by arguing with Tane in public the way she did, true he gave as good as he got, but she's not the one in hospital.  I suppose Darren is being neutral like a cop should be, not immediately suspicious of just one person  like someone else we knew. ?  The case will, as in real life, take as long as it takes.  Depends on who else could be a suspect and what the motive could have been, personal, his previous dodgy dealings.  Not a fan of the Meena storyline then Slade, I've found it fascinating, she's been playing it like a true psycho, hiding in plain sight.  

Flick may come across as a tad flaky but no way is she stupid - sending red roses to Tane when he's in the hospital and what do you know Nik just happens to be there when they are delivered!? If it had been anyone else they may have handed them into the cops, the florists contacted, the handwriting analysed, matched with Flicks or not. But no Nik came over all hot headed and wanting revenge.  Bella has tried to get him to see reason, but he's got the Parata mind set.  One thing about it, it's taken focus off the various groupies turning up and drooling all over him making Bella insecure again.  He wasn't at all phased by it and just posed  while probably inwardly ?

He seemed genuinely interested in learning to surf whereas the bimbo just wanted tons of selfies with Nik in the background.  Surprised they were actually willing to get their bikini's wet.? Ziggy did well holding her temper for as long as she did.  Fine her saying my dad just chucked me in and let me sink or swim,  but Ben is  your dad, they are paying clients!  May only have been a bump on the head, but could turn out to have repercussions so John was right to get an incident report done.  Ziggy seemed very relieved to be fired, isn't John President of the Surf Club again, so it is his ultimate responsibility to make things run smoothly? 

I think it took two in the break up of John & Marilyn's marriage break up, she loved him, but wasn't in love with him any more.  She tried to pretend things were OK after he had his stroke but he realised her heart wasn't in it and she was acting more as his carer than his wife.   As he, in no uncertain terms, told Irene he still cared a lot for Marilyn. so no wonder he was angry about only just finding out.  

Logan doesn't sugar coat things does he, he didn't deny the fact Marilyn could die now her breathing has been compromised.  Guess when you have been on the front line niceties like fogging an answer doesn't come into it.  I wonder how as a previous restless spirit like Christian, he'll settle down to a steady position with responsibility.  Martha still does need to go on dialysis so still a way to go for her. She was definitely feeling better ordering Alf to stay in town and look after Marilyn. 

It was an unorthodox suggestion by Logan but luckily it did work. Tane has only just come round so we don't know what affects the toxin has had on him.  Ari was being rather pushy asking him what he could remember, good for Mia ushering him out so he can remember at his own pace.  Nasser will be next through the door once he finds out Tane is awake and talking.  His 'memories' seemed hazy which they would be, he'd already been drugged. 

Leah had me fooled, I thought she'd fallen for Justin (and Ziggy's) covering for Theo. I think her recovering after the chemical attack was the reason he lied. He didn't want her fretting about him.  Ziggy played along nicely without hardly saying a word.   Justin's been very patient so far and if it wasn't unpc I'd give Theo a clip round the ear. He's in his 20's not  a teenager.

Not looking good for Flick going by the preview!?

Archived