2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/11/2021 at 15:36, Dan F said:

Don sold it to Alf in 2001, though I think he already had a financial interest in it anyway.

Ah, okay. But I think he was already running it in 2000.He employed Will as his assistant around then.

Alf's episode count this block:Four. (And boy, am I looking forward to finally getting proper weeks back in January.) Felicity was also in four, but she wasn't credited on Friday and didn't appear until the last few minutes, so I'm guessing those scenes were moved from today.

It's a shame Mackenzie wasn't in the episode (to the point of inexplicably being absent from the event at her restaurant that she was meant to be organising, and specifically turned down a ticket for on the grounds she was working at the event), to witness the disastrous consequences of her childish "stand your ground" tactic. I think she's behaved a lot worse than Roo, although I agree that Roo telling Cash that Tane caused a scene was unfair at best, given that Felicity approached him and there was already a scene before he got there. I can understand Tane being angry, but him being served an AVO should at least serve as a circuit-breaker.Except, yeah, big UK finale cliffhanger coming up.

It does seem more than a little bad taste to have a mental health awareness fundraiser get gassed, even by accident. That's not going to do much for Martha's mental health, or anyone else's for that matter, and it seems unnecessarily harsh after all the effort to organise the event.

So yep, Cash and Jasmine on John's table.I'm guessing Leah's unhappiness at Justin wanting a room set up for Ava is down to him refusing to do the same for Theo.Objectively I can see her point, but I'd rather have Ava there than Theo.(Not that we've seen Ava at all this season.) Did I miss something about Bella moving into Colby's old room? Isn't that where Mackenzie was sleeping, or has she taken Dean's old room? (Thinking about it, she did seem to go in the room nearest the door last week?)

So, that it's it for 2021 in the UK! The show finishes on Thursday in Australia, which will put us the equivalent of nine weeks behind when we pick up in January.

Six of one and half a dozen of another, depending whose 'side' you are on.  Neither of them - Felicity and Tane - are innocents.  Both are hot headed and they seem to just wind each other up even from a distance.   Leaving part of the truth out, either cos you don't know the whole truth or do and chose not to reveal it,  can be just as damaging as outright lying, as people can fill in the gaps with their own versions.  Roo, and nothing against her for it, has always been a bit of a feminist so would, until she knows different,  defend a woman. 

It could all rebound on Mia's business if women clients say they don't want to have him as their trainer, because of gossip.  That woman jogging by completely  ignoring him which he brushed off to Nik and Bella. 

I wouldn't have thought  it was proper police procedure for Cash being the one handing Tane the AVO, he's far too personally involved.  OK with one of the restrictions, Tane doesn't go to Felicity's place of work, no skin off his nose about that, but the part where he doesn't go near anywhere she may be visiting i.e. Salt, The Surf Club - eh?  He works in the gym so that is his place of work, is he supposed to keep away in case she decides to pop in and if he's there and she comes in, is he supposed to hide in the gym until she's gone? Totally unpractical.  What about them just walking about the bay, does he turn round and walk in the opposite direction if he sees her in the distance, how about when they both turn a corner and bump, literally, into each other?  Does it mean Tane is banned from the Caravan Park?  Credit to Tane for not wanting Ari involved.

Who helped Bella move that double bed into Colby's room, would have been a giggle shuffling it up the steps outside, along that quite narrow corridor.?  Bella did her best to stop Nik approaching Felicity, but he was defending his uncle and that is what families do. 

Mack did seem to just disappear from the scene, she was there in the afternoon then poof, she'd gone.  But never mind her not being there, why no Ryder, with or without Chloe - you would think he'd definitely be there for Grumps and Martha. ?  They all scrubbed up well.  John seemed to have got over his obsession about the fact 'his' table' should be next to Alf's. Good for you Irene, slapping him down when he was making those insensitive remarks about Martha.  

Had Martha been where Alf found her all day, surely not, someone would have seen her long before.  He may not be into a lot of flowery words, but Alf said the right things. They did well, going back to  the Caravan Park, showering, changing into their glad rags and getting to Salt for her speech and the unveiling of her painting.

Who was that Celebrity guest?

Forgive me if I'm remembering wrong but wasn't Ava supposed to be visiting on a regular basis? Even long before Justin had his original accident we didn't see much of her. Whoa Leah, it's only a suggestion and anyway she is still a child whereas Theo is, allegedly, an adult. If he has to be there, there is the shack in the garden, be more his style, can leave it in a right mess if he wants, come and go as he pleases, as long as he doesn't upset Buddy. 

I don't think I'm sticking my neck out when I say it's not Felicity who drugged Tane and then released that whatever it is into the air, not anything nice that's for sure, I know we don't know that much about her, but it doesn't seem her style. Was whoever it was still hanging about after 'they' drugged Tane's drink, if so it was planned, but not well thought out, hence another reason for it not being Felicity, if 'they' were familiar with the place they would know how the ventilation systems works.  Besides Felicity knew Cash and Jasmine were going to the Fund Raiser and wouldn't put them at risk.  Definitely a woman going by the size of the boots and decidedly  creepy that stroking his cheek with the rose and leaving it by his side. ?

My first thought was when Cash spotted the vapour/gas coming through the vent was why don't they open the doors to the balcony? ?

Amongst the scenes of chaos TPTB teased us with I did spot Logan!  He is well able to handle situations like that.  Will he be rescuing Mack who it will turn out was there after all.

34 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

Leaving part of the truth out, either cos you don't know the whole truth or do and chose not to reveal it,  can be just as damaging as outright lying, as people can fill in the gaps with their own versions.

That woman jogging by completely  ignoring him which he brushed off to Nik and Bella. 

Who was that Celebrity guest?

Yes thank you ^_^

That woman was Jasmine and it actually made that scene worse. She knows him and was his boss at one point yet is willing to just take Felicity’s side because she is dating her brother that’s not fair to Tane!

Sam Mack, weather man on Sunrise down here in Aus.

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get with Roo! It wasn’t long ago she was campaigning for people (including her dad!) to give her violent alcoholic brother a chance and here she is pointing the finger at Tane with absolutely no evidence. And I bet she won’t apologise either, the little flamin galah! 

On 23/11/2021 at 14:40, H&Alover said:

Leaving part of the truth out, either cos you don't know the whole truth or do and chose not to reveal it,  can be just as damaging as outright lying, as people can fill in the gaps with their own versions. 

Yes, thank you. :wink:  Whilst it depends on the scenario outright lying isn't the same as leaving something out, correct!

The last couple of seasons I've kind of been OK with the break as it felt like an anti-climax.  Not so happy here.  Well at least the stalking has finally escalated rather than Tane just getting roses in various places.

I have to admit, I did find it slightly amusing when Jasmine blanked him.  Given what happened I would be more surprised if she didn't.

Roo very much reminded me of how she was with Keiran after he threatened her before they reconciled.  I didn't really have an issue with her speaking to Cash previously but wasn't too keen on how off she was with Tane and supporting the AVO.  I also didn't like it when Roo said "How can she do this to us again?" re Martha when Martha went missing before the exhibition.

I think Cash should have just warned Tane first and was actually quite satisfied Tane threw the paper at him.  I will say though Tane was lucky he didn't get arrested but given how Cash has been on the show, I would say he's very fair, almost too lenient.  Unfortunately Tane has brought this on himself.  He didn't make a statement with Cash when he first started having issues with Felicity, he was too proud to ask Ari to go to the club instead of him when Nikau texted him and even after Cash served the AVO, he got annoyed again supporting the claims other people were making.

I'm glad Justin was trying to be objective about it.  Bit disappointed with John, given how well he knows the Paratas but he's always been judgemental so it's to be expected.  Nikau wasn't the right person to defend Tane.  Like other's, I also wanted Mackenzie to be there but as backup for Tane to have some sort of parity and it wouldn't have been as bad for her defending him as she's a woman so would have been seen as less of a threat.  I also think she can make life easier for Tane by banning Felicity from Salt.  So at least that's one place he can go without breaking the AVO.  I actually quite liked Bella's approach (and much preferred her in that episode to how she usually is).  Not being overly critical of Tane like some people but reserving judgement on the situation.

I was glad Justin made his mind up about turning the spare room into a bedroom for Ava as Theo doesn't get it.  Leah obviously didn't like that as she wants to move Theo in.

The thing I'm curious to know the most is why Tane is being targeted and whether this may be something in his past that has finally caught up with him.

Have you not heard of the expression lying by omission?

Ouch, Tane getting roses in various places.??

Roo was put on the spot when she had to thank Tane for offering to carry those boxes upstairs. 

I really didn't spot it was Jasmine, I thought she was a lot fairer than that.  It is still only hearsay that Tane is guilty of stalking, no actual proof. 

I don't think it had anything to do with pride that stopped Tane asking Ari to go to the club, he wouldn't know Felicity was working that night and just answering Nik's call for help. 

John does tend to swing to and fro with his opinions over people, but is he forgetting the flak he got  when he was setting those fires and he's been in the bay for years and not a relative newbie.

Just the way the cookie crumbled that it was Nik there and not Ari. 

Thanks for that Christine, some seemed in awe of him others not so bothered. 

There's at least three, possibly four, empty rooms at the Morgan house, so Justin putting one aside for Ava wouldn't necessarily preclude Theo moving in there. I think Leah was annoyed that Justin made a big thing about not being ready to see someone else in his family's rooms only to quickly contradict himself.

On 25/11/2021 at 21:50, H&Alover said:

Have you not heard of the expression lying by omission?

Thanks for that Christine, some seemed in awe of him others not so bothered. 

Yes people have ended up in jail by people lying like that! But hey nothing gets in the way of a good story right?

No worries. I have a feeling it wasn’t the characters reactions to him but the RL actors reactions to him instead  ^_^

Archived