1994 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Love the way Ailsa stood up to Nathan in the Diner and when he told her to mind her own business she told him it is my business and I do not want any fighting.

Imagine what Ailsa would have thought of the river boys then. Nathan was harmless compared to some of the stuff they did.

I am going to enjoy this Angel/Dylan storyline. I can remember it all back in the days.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm up to date now and really enjoying the season so far! Loads of feel good moments, a great bunch of characters and building up to some interesting storylines.

You can tell that the producers had cottoned onto the popularity of Shane and Angel at this point and from here onwards it just builds and builds. Irene really is a well written and interesting/likeable character, I wish she was still like that. She's got loads of funny lines, Lynne McGranger plays her with so much enthusiasm and she's not one dimensional like she is in 2015.

I've gotta say that I was happy that the Fin storyline was just going to be completely upbeat, but I should have known better haha. However that has successfully made me feel really sorry for her now that she feels like she's failed and doesn't have the score she needed to get into uni.

I've gotta say that I was happy that the Fin storyline was just going to be completely upbeat, but I should have known better haha. However that has successfully made me feel really sorry for her now that she feels like she's failed and doesn't have the score she needed to get into uni.

I thought they might have developed a Fin/Luke romance storyline from that scene on the beach, as they always seem to have had a soft spot for each other. It could have been controversial with input from Pippa/Michael/Don which would have been entertaining...

I thought they might have developed a Fin/Luke romance storyline from that scene on the beach, as they always seem to have had a soft spot for each other. It could have been controversial with input from Pippa/Michael/Don which would have been entertaining...

That would have been very interesting and controversial. I would have liked to seen that. :P

No one likes Nathan. Why can't Sarah see that? It was different with Tug, because almost everybody ended up liking Tug.

I reckon Finn and Nick would be a good couple.

That has been suggested here before, but not sure how plausible it would have been - there seems to be too wide an age gap, though not quite sure how old Nick is supposed to be (or Luke for that matter...): 28 and 24 respectively? It would perhaps have been more controversial, though with [former] teacher Luke there was the 'in loco parentis' element... This emerged in the Steven/Selena relationship of course.

Nick seems to have taken a vow of chastity since Julie, which is hardly realistic. He was underused sadly - I always found him a realistic and likeable character.

Luke is so kind and caring when he has scenes with characters like Fin. It's a shame the majority of his screen time is about his own personal problems or being horrible to Roxy, because it shows off all his bad qualities. They really should have kept his brother on, or at least made him a recurring guest.

I enjoyed Ailsa standing up to Nathan ("Mind your own business" "This IS my business") but Adam did have a point. Ailsa likes to give people a chance, but only when it suits her. It was a good scene where she was questioning herself afterwards.

Was anyone else confused by Shane's sudden panic that Angel was going to break up with him? The way he'd been carrying on all week, I had kind of got the impression he had already dumped her. "If that's the kind of person she is, I want nothing to do with her" etc. It seemed like he'd made it pretty clear they were over, but then suddenly, they weren't?

Got my fill this week right up to 1385.

The Angel arc is a lot more compelling than I remember. So many AFI award worthy moments.

I liked the Fish caper; Is anyone else noticing that tone is becoming steadily more comical?

Loved the Tug/Nathan "fight". Think that was the moment where David Dixon said Tristan Bancks shoved him harder than necessary. Ailsa went up about 30 points in my estimation when she basically laid down the law. Bobby, if still alive, probably would have ordered Tug home to cool off while giving Nathan a chilling threat.

Nick and Fin would just seem for the sake of it. Luke is probably closer to her age but there would be some kind of discomfort with that pairing. I agree Nick's basically been celibate since the Lou debacle and his derailed relationship with Roxy (In all fairness, the credits knew her destiny even though it was temporary).

And talking of Selina, not long before she's on screen eyeing up... Luke, of all people :D:D

Confession: I seem to be adding a lot IMDB quotes to H&A usually when there's a scene with a verbal/physical joust.

I loved the "Scuzz Rock" that was playing in the scene where Nathan, Adam and Sarah return home in 1385. Perjanik was the man, god. He needs to be inducted into the TV hall of fame. I'd have to say he was the Tony Hatch of the 90s.

Found it kind of Bizzare, Shane and Damian weren't at school on the opening day of Year 12 (probably contractual issues) but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 1386 is set on the same day.

Damo and Sarah would make a decent couple - They seem to lack common sense when it comes to Nathan. Adam, to a lesser degree.

Roxy and James... ech. Nothing against Simon Baker (though he was decent in E Street), it's just clear his character is essentially a plot device. The phrase get a room (They have the choice of two) springs to mind.

And as for the Microwave Irene wanted, there's no damn leccy at Adam's! How would she power it? I'm guessing the stereo runs on batteries. It's just a step above Amish! :D:D:D

I reckon Finn and Nick would be a good couple.

That has been suggested here before, but not sure how plausible it would have been - there seems to be too wide an age gap, though not quite sure how old Nick is supposed to be (or Luke for that matter...): 28 and 24 respectively? It would perhaps have been more controversial, though with [former] teacher Luke there was the 'in loco parentis' element... This emerged in the Steven/Selena relationship of course.

Nick seems to have taken a vow of chastity since Julie, which is hardly realistic. He was underused sadly - I always found him a realistic and likeable character.

What do you mean? He had a relationship with Loo after the fling he had with Julie, so what do you mean??

Archived