1994 Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as for the Microwave Irene wanted, there's no damn leccy at Adam's! How would she power it? I'm guessing the stereo runs on batteries. It's just a step above Amish! :D:D:D

I thought the same thing!!

I've got an image of Irene frantically pedalling an exercise bike to warm up the dinner.

Love the way Ailsa stood up to Nathan in the Diner and when he told her to mind her own business she told him it is my business and I do not want any fighting.

Imagine what Ailsa would have thought of the river boys then. Nathan was harmless compared to some of the stuff they did.

Ailsa would have befriended Brax and Kyle. She and Heath would have butted heads massively but there would some kind of gruding respect after he came to her aid or something. Casey would have more than likely become one of her charges on a sort of Aaron/Mitch level.

I reckon Finn and Nick would be a good couple.

That has been suggested here before, but not sure how plausible it would have been - there seems to be too wide an age gap, though not quite sure how old Nick is supposed to be (or Luke for that matter...): 28 and 24 respectively? It would perhaps have been more controversial, though with [former] teacher Luke there was the 'in loco parentis' element... This emerged in the Steven/Selena relationship of course.

Nick seems to have taken a vow of chastity since Julie, which is hardly realistic. He was underused sadly - I always found him a realistic and likeable character.

What do you mean? He had a relationship with Loo after the fling he had with Julie, so what do you mean??

Sorry yes, you're right - for some reason I remembered Julie as being after Lou...

Made it up to 1385! I'm in two minds about Angel's storyline.It's well acted by everyone involved and showing the maturing of Shane's character: I think it was just anger talking at first, and once he calmed down and realised there was a chance he could lose Angel he realised that wasn't what he wanted.It's reached the point where Shane seems more level-headed than Damian and it's a shame that they seemed to be heading towards Shane trying to talk sense into Damian and then didn't get there.But while I can see the logic of putting Shane and Angel at the forefront, the whole thing has come out of nowhere and Angel suddenly shows a massive amount of interest in Dylan the moment the audience know about him after giving no suggestion that he existed beforehand.(She's been sending him presents when we weren't looking?)If she had him when she was 15 and he's now three, then it seems that date on the computer screen was canon and she's been SORASed quite a bit, leaving us with Social Services trying to find a foster home for an 18-year-old and her being on the verge of turning 19 when she's only just started her last year of school.

The Nathan/Sarah story seems to be treading water (She likes him, no-one else does) even if the end of the week does suggest the final lap is looming.Adam had a point about Ailsa though: She seems to make snap judgements about who's deserving of a chance and who isn't based on nothing more than gut feeling, and only gets away with it because 9 times out of 10 her instincts are correct.As for Bobby, given her soft treatment of Tug, she'd probably have offered Nathan a job if she was still around.

Nick and Fin would be a daft, random pairing and the show's often made the mistake, especially in recent years, of pairing up two characters regardless of suitability because they don't know what else to do with them.That said, they could make more of an effort to involve them at times.Fin's storyline was something else I suddenly remembered after her pride before the fall moment in 1384. Luke is actually being pretty gracious over the job; James did get it fair and square so didn't deserve those comments from Tug.The fishing competition was a nice one episode community storyline.

Adam had a point about Ailsa though: She seems to make snap judgements about who's deserving of a chance and who isn't based on nothing more than gut feeling, and only gets away with it because 9 times out of 10 her instincts are correct.As for Bobby, given her soft treatment of Tug, she'd probably have offered Nathan a job if she was still around.

Well, I suppose Nathan's multiple criminal convictions for dishonesty are more of a red flag than gut feelings...

Nick and Fin would be bizarre I agree, but Luke and Fin, maybe not. She would be feeling upset after her exam knockback and he has had two kicks in the teeth: from Roxy and the job. Pairing them up would make some sort of sense and raised eyebrows...

Nathan stole the money I think Damian should tell Irene that Nathan stole the money. Damian is kind of a hypocrite though because he stole that customers money to go camping and would of he confessed if Michael had not worked out Damian had stolen the money? Probably not he would of just replaced once he sold those CDs.

It was pretty dumb of Sam to put his hat in the oven to let it dry but he is only 9 or 10 in these episodes.

Sam's turning into a little brat as far as I'm concerned. Sure he's young but you would think he would have a little bit of common sense then to leave a hat in the oven! I had to roll my eyes at this, it was predictable and silly.

And finally, Damian has seen the light as far as his brother is concerned. Now if only Irene and Sarah would stop thinking he's the cat's pyjamas.

Adam had a point about Ailsa though: She seems to make snap judgements about who's deserving of a chance and who isn't based on nothing more than gut feeling, and only gets away with it because 9 times out of 10 her instincts are correct.

Well, I suppose Nathan's multiple criminal convictions for dishonesty are more of a red flag than gut feelings...

Shane's got multiple criminal convictions.Tug's got a criminal record.Blake had been in juvenile detention.Emma was on parole when they first met.It's obviously not an automatic deal breaker.I guess Nathan has pulled a few stunts since he's been back but it probably just comes down to Ailsa not liking him. (Thinking about it, whenever Ailsa writes someone off she's right in the short term but they often turn out okay in the end! After all, Morag was getting this treatment not too long ago...)

Archived