1994 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Firstly, I'm so happy we have reached 1994. Although I've heard it gets a bit bland, I'm really looking forward to it.

Secondly, I noticed that this episode showed two very different types of parenting: Irene's molly-coddling of her eldest (and most annoying!) son and Alf's straight-forward, call-a-spade-a-spade techniques. I did love the contrast and I did not like how Irene treated Nathan, even in the slightest. I'm proud of Alf for standing his ground and telling Sarah to move out as she did break the set-out rules and lied to him and Ailsa, so kudos!

Thirdly, I don't like Nick much, nor do I like Roxanne, but both of them made this episode seem a little bit more serious that what it actually seemed at times.

Fourthly, scenes of Alf punching people are as scarce as scenes of Morag crying. That makes them all the better. I loved it, and although violence is never the answer, I can understand why Alf did it.

Finally, did anyone else notice Adam's foreshadowed removal from the opening credits? :P

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird seeing Alf and Irene on different sides. Now Alf and Irene are always backing each other up and teaming up to battle against immoral people!.

Its very strange seeing this because in the current series they are best mates :P

Anyway loved seeing Alf punching Nathan. Go Alf!

It's weird seeing Alf and Irene on different sides. Now Alf and Irene are always backing each other up and teaming up to battle against immoral people!.

Apart from when Will was practically setting Alf up from murder and Irene believed Will. Their relationship has been very distant since. Then that could be because nowadays they're too scared to have two oldies in the same scene.

Archived