H&A Spring Break - From the Bay to LA

Psychic Wombat

But Alf was selling his late wife Ailsa's business to her best friend Irene!.

Well, not sure I'd have said best friend - but I suppose she was her closest female friend in the Bay at the time of her death.

I just thought someone needed to make him stop and think about what he was doing. I seem to recall Irene trying, but he was just like 'the coin decided and that's that' which was all very odd to me.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henry lasted a year and a half as I recall, Max about two years with following a guest stint the previous year.

Thanks. Yeah, it's funny - I barely remember Henry at all, so I'm surprised he was there that long, but Max is quite clear in my mind (despite having forgotten about him until yesterday).

I am struggling to remember any major storylines Henry had, last year's glimpse of The Character Later Known As Ric framing him for vandalising the surf club was probably as good as it got, otherwise it was tapdancing, bullying, random pranks and acting as a foil to Matilda or Max before being packed off to dance school off screen.

Why was Hayley in hospital in yesterdays episode?

Longer version:Hayley found out Alex had been cheating on her with Brodie, I seem to remember Hayley and Brodie got into an argument and Brodie got in the car with her as she drove off, they carried on arguing and Hayley crashed the car, then when she woke up she'd lost two years worth of memories and thought she was still with Noah.

Anyway, today.And wow.That was a good episode to choose because that scene between Barry and Kim is one of the most powerful in Home and Away history, and Ivar and Chris both hit it out of the park.A stark look at the dark secret Barry's been carrying around with him for years and the final release of Kim's quasi-forgiveness as he concludes his father's suffered enough.(Of course, the police turned up when it was time for him to leave anyway...)It really doesn't get any better than that and it's just two actors sitting on the floor.

And...the 2005 storyline where Beth annoyed me which I mentioned a couple of days ago.Really not seeing her at her best here.It's a shame because in her own way I think Amanda was as genuine as she got at that point and she does seem to be trying her best to get on with Robbie.

And Hayley Mark 2 on the opening titles, but I've a feeling she hadn't appeared on screen at that point.

I found Leah very annoying in yesterday's episode. In 2004 the character became very shouty and irritable. Though I guess life can do that to you!

As has been said, the scenes between Barry and Kim were excellent. H&A doesn't really do those kinds of scenes these days. Simple yet effective.

Ah thank you Red Ranger for clearing that up. Youre right about Hayley 2 not appearing on screen at this point, she first appeared a few episodes later. To me she wasnt Hayley though, but i guess Hayley was mid storyline and they had to do a quick temp recast.

Some great scenes in todays episode with Barry telling Kim about his mother, the whole storyline was one of my favourite things about 2005. Actually preferring these episodes to the current show if i'm honest.

So by covering it up, Hyde and his sister actually disposed of Kim's mother's body. I was surprised Barry was able to overpower Kim during their struggle several times. I was also surprised Kim was able to forgive Barry so easily given he didn't have much time to absorb and digest the severity of what he had just been told.

Anyway, post Sutherland/KK era this was actually during a period of time where I stopped watching the show for a year. But good to see another one of my all time favourite characters - Amanda. Loved the scheming and indirect threats between her and Beth.

It's fun to read this thread even if I can't see the episodes. I wasn't a big fan of Max but I can appreciate he was a decent enough character in the scheme of things. To lose him and gain Henry... Not. Worth. It.

Yep, we're nearly three years on from the rape at this point.Henry lasted a year and a half as I recall, Max about two years with following a guest stint the previous year.

Thanks. Yeah, it's funny - I barely remember Henry at all, so I'm surprised he was there that long, but Max is quite clear in my mind (despite having forgotten about him until yesterday). I particularly recall he had some strong storylines with Colleen, who it was nice to see again today. Great to have a Morag episode, too. It made me wonder where she's got to in recent years. Seems like forever since she was last in town.

I always really liked Kit Hunter as a character - she had more personality about her than most of that family put together.

Presentation geeks will have noticed the rogue appearance of the old Five logo and the original 2004 break bumpers. Surprised that they would have been physically cut onto the tape and not generated live in the playout gallery.

Yes, I thought that was incredibly odd - firstly that they were ever on the tapes in the first place, and secondly that they didn't lop them off for the repeats.

They won't be there for the ITV era stuff as they get the tapes direct from Seven for those; we got to see a lot of stuff which hit ITv's cutting room floor in he 90s during the 2012 repeats.

They won't be there for the ITV era stuff as they get the tapes direct from Seven for those; we got to see a lot of stuff which hit ITv's cutting room floor in he 90s during the 2012 repeats.

Yeah I've seen the ITV version of Shannon's leaving episode on youtube and it was cut to shreds - random jumps, dialogue missing, and scenes split into two and placed in a different order.

I wonder how much Channel 5 pay for individual 90s episodes? Or maybe as it's only the odd episode, Seven gives them as a goodwill gesture.

Anyway, today.And wow.That was a good episode to choose because that scene between Barry and Kim is one of the most powerful in Home and Away history, and Ivar and Chris both hit it out of the park.A stark look at the dark secret Barry's been carrying around with him for years and the final release of Kim's quasi-forgiveness as he concludes his father's suffered enough.(Of course, the police turned up when it was time for him to leave anyway...) It really doesn't get any better than that and it's just two actors sitting on the floor.

Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times YES! I thankfully DO have these episodes. I was watching them a while back to get some info on Ric for an old fic that I finally got around to finishing, and I was trying to be strong and ONLY watch Ric's scenes to save time, but I found it impossible to skip past anything to do with this storyline. I remembered how stunning it was, and it had the same emotional impact on me all these years later, even knowing all the twists. I think this was the first time I saw that Home and Away has the potential for real drama rather than soap drama (which I also enjoy, but it's a very different experience). I like to think that these scenes between Kim and Barry directly contributed to Chris Hemsworth's Hollywood success :)

Archived